Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GWYN / CARL / SAM

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:35 pm

One thing I dont understand is both Gwyn and Carl are being accusred of acting on behalf of Sam but their messages lately are the total opposite to each other??

Gwyns been very clear on the rebrand from the off and has been pro malaysian whilst last couple of days theres been a very pro Sam / anti malaysian message coming from this board.

Clearly they are not both working for Sam and its just messageboard mongering

or am I missing something?
Last edited by CP76 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: GWYN / CARL / SAM

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Is Sam on here ??

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Is Sam on here ??

Id doubt it

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 pm

CP76 wrote:

Id doubt it

he was RoathMagic :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Id doubt it

he was RoathMagic :lol:

:lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm Pro Cardiff, and if people think after 46 years of travelling the length and the breadth and booking bus's and the like for what seems like mots of my life, that my loyalty to the club would ever be bought or in question, then they should look at themselves because I for one can't understand how you can switch on and off loyalty like I feel for the club.
If your love his for simply a colour a badge or a person at the club, then it must be a shallow loyalty, it would take an hour to write what the club means to me.

In the last six months I have lost a mother, and a daughter, nothing I could do about either other than grieve and worry, which I have done plenty of. But I wont sit back and risk losing the club when I can fight to try and prevent that, and the thought of having it ripped from me over a bloody colour as pushed me to the edge at times.

As for sides I'm not on any person's side, Sam is a special friend to me, it is far more than football and I will tell you in private if you ask, he will be a friend for life, and he is a real football ,man, love his passion and wish people could see more of the real man, he ain't perfect and he's made mistakes, but haven't we all at times.

Would I like to have him back at the club, hell yes if he had a hundred million pounds to invest, but he's told me and others close to him often enough that VT is the right man and at the right time to take this club to the next level.

I have no relationship with VT TG or any other Malaysian at the club, don't need a relationship and not looking to set one up unless it can be of benefit to the club, I welcomed Ridsdale with open arms when he first came here, I thought he could help us, but it soon proved the only one he wanted to help was himself and he became the enemy and I did what I could to get rid of him along with many others.

The dealings between Sam and VT are simply business dealings and nothing me, Annis Carl or any other fan may think, none of us will make a jot of difference to how it pans out.

Do I think they have played fair with Sam, no I really don't, and in the broad scale of things the difference in getting it signed and not signed seems quite minute, but how can I or anyone say the odd million pound is minute, it's none of my business and way out of my comprehension.

In my opinion there is a lot of stubbornness and Alpha male I got bigger balls than you going on, and I just wish it could get sorted to suit both parties and the club, hopefully they can all shake hands put it behind them, work together in some favorable way that will benefit us all, but I wont be holding my breath.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks for setting the record straight Gwyn. :ayatollah:

Cant argue with that post. Very fair summary.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 pm

CP76 wrote:Thanks for setting the record straight Gwyn. :ayatollah:

Cant argue with that post. Very fair summary.

I agree.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I'm Pro Cardiff, and if people think after 46 years of travelling the length and the breadth and booking bus's and the like for what seems like mots of my life, that my loyalty to the club would ever be bought or in question, then they should look at themselves because I for one can't understand how you can switch on and off loyalty like I feel for the club.
If your love his for simply a colour a badge or a person at the club, then it must be a shallow loyalty, it would take an hour to write what the club means to me.

In the last six months I have lost a mother, and a daughter, nothing I could do about either other than grieve and worry, which I have done plenty of. But I wont sit back and risk losing the club when I can fight to try and prevent that, and the thought of having it ripped from me over a bloody colour as pushed me to the edge at times.

As for sides I'm not on any person's side, Sam is a special friend to me, it is far more than football and I will tell you in private if you ask, he will be a friend for life, and he is a real football ,man, love his passion and wish people could see more of the real man, he ain't perfect and he's made mistakes, but haven't we all at times.

Would I like to have him back at the club, hell yes if he had a hundred million pounds to invest, but he's told me and others close to him often enough that VT is the right man and at the right time to take this club to the next level.

I have no relationship with VT TG or any other Malaysian at the club, don't need a relationship and not looking to set one up unless it can be of benefit to the club, I welcomed Ridsdale with open arms when he first came here, I thought he could help us, but it soon proved the only one he wanted to help was himself and he became the enemy and I did what I could to get rid of him along with many others.

The dealings between Sam and VT are simply business dealings and nothing me, Annis Carl or any other fan may think, none of us will make a jot of difference to how it pans out.

Do I think they have played fair with Sam, no I really don't, and in the broad scale of things the difference in getting it signed and not signed seems quite minute, but how can I or anyone say the odd million pound is minute, it's none of my business and way out of my comprehension.

In my opinion there is a lot of stubbornness and Alpha male I got bigger balls than you going on, and I just wish it could get sorted to suit both parties and the club, hopefully they can all shake hands put it behind them, work together in some favorable way that will benefit us all, but I wont be holding my breath.

Gwyn......you're a nice man and I agree with you

Fingers crossed it all works out.......!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm

When Sam took over we were all in seventh heaven.

He was the one who took a chance on us or so we thought.

Now I know that Football is a business and that I was probably naive, but
I genuinely thought Sam was in it for the Love.

He has almost crippled this club and it is indirectly his doing that the club will play
in red next season due to the fact that he ran up huge debts against the club.

My feeling towards Sam are split because of something he once did for me I cannot bring myself
to be to harsh towards but to be frank I don't want him to ever have anything to do with Cardiff City
again.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

In all honesty i dont know what to make of it all,what i do know is i will be there next season.Do any of us realy want the rebrand i think we all know the answer to that NO.But if i was a director and the offer was put infront of me from the Malasians i would have known from the outset what my feelings and decion would have been,my first reaction shit this is going to cause myself one hell of a lot of shit from the fans,second thought i cant turn this down for the club.why cant people judge this in two years time we will all know bye then if it was wright or wrong.we have worn blue for many years we have never had a chairman with serious cash before.With all that said it will still be strange watching us run out in red my heart will allways be blue.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I'm Pro Cardiff, and if people think after 46 years of travelling the length and the breadth and booking bus's and the like for what seems like mots of my life, that my loyalty to the club would ever be bought or in question, then they should look at themselves because I for one can't understand how you can switch on and off loyalty like I feel for the club.

Bigger than ever mug

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Blue In Cwmbran wrote:

Bigger than ever mug

Hurting enough,smug cnut, thanks.

doesn't help that my missus is a JB. She knows she is lucky enough to have not told me that for more than 6 months or so after we met, otherwise.....>!

Like I say, fingers crossed.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:13 pm

It's all a f*cking conspiracy. TRUST NO ONE, learnt that back in my navy days.

:old: :old:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Although I might disagree with you one many things I really do understand your arguments and I do not for one minute doubt your loyalty. I disagree with your stance of saying it isn't ok for people to protest at matches no but it is fine for you to do in six months when Tan doesn't deliver.

You want what's best for the club. So do I. We just think there are different options.

The worst thing about all of this rebrand stuff is that it has turned City boys against each other. I will never forgive Tan for being the catalyst for this unless he changes his mind in the next 12 months.

Bloooooobirds!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 am

Gwyns stance has never changed, carl is like jekyll and hyde and sam just wants paying, thats all really :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:16 am

Could you enlighten us on how Tan has been unfair to Sam.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 am

CP76 wrote:

Id doubt it

Thats your first mistake

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

NJ73 wrote:
Blue In Cwmbran wrote:

Bigger than ever mug

This.It astounds me that they care what Gwyn or Carl think to be honest.Are these 2 in any way influential at their club or what? Their importance seems to come from running a bus to away games and posting updates on here.Yet people like CP76 seem to hang off their every word. :?

I might be missing the point here and they are indeed 2 respected members of the board (and i don't mean messageboard),but i don't think they are somehow.

Baffling.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

Fergy1927 wrote:

Although I might disagree with you one many things I really do understand your arguments and I do not for one minute doubt your loyalty. I disagree with your stance of saying it isn't ok for people to protest at matches no but it is fine for you to do in six months when Tan doesn't deliver.

You want what's best for the club. So do I. We just think there are different options.

The worst thing about all of this rebrand stuff is that it has turned City boys against each other. I will never forgive Tan for being the catalyst for this unless he changes his mind in the next 12 months.

Bloooooobirds!

In my opinion, the rebrand is shite.

But almost as bad is the fact that it is being used (along with the debt to equity issue) to
scaremonger fans. To deliberately raise antagonism against the Malaysians

For one reason and one reason only...

To get Sam Hammam his money!!!

Anybody would think it was Tan that owed Sam the money?

Lets make it clear... HE DOES NOT OWE SAM HAMMAM ONE SHEKEL!!!

He is dealing with the Clubs historic debt. Nobody else is trying.

In the greater scheme of things, Sam should be happy to get Ten Million now
because if Tan wasnt here... he'd get f**k all.. ever

If there WAS no Tan, and Borley, Isaacs and Paul Guy had clubbed together and scraped up ten million
Sam would bite their hands off

Time to go Sam, lick your wounds and move on.

BOTH sides have been badly hurt in this relationship. You broke our
hearts and almost took Cardiff City to the wall.

Retain some dignity eh?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 am

taffyapple wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:

Bloooooobirds!

In my opinion, the rebrand is shite.

But almost as bad is the fact that it is being used (along with the debt to equity issue) to

If there WAS no Tan, and Borley, Isaacs and Paul Guy had clubbed together and scraped up ten million

Retain some dignity eh?

That is a more than fair comment Apple

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Gwyns stance has never changed, carl is like jekyll and hyde and sam just wants paying, thats all really :ayatollah:

They don't call Gwyn the chameleon for nothing :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:19 am

6 bysedd wrote: It astounds me that they care what Gwyn or Carl think to be honest.Are these 2 in any way influential at their club or what? Their importance seems to come from running a bus to away games and posting updates on here.Yet people like CP76 seem to hang off their every word. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you for f*cking real or can you not read? Probably the latter coming from Swansea.

This thread is pointing out the contradictive bollocks thats been written saying they are both working for Sam Hammam. How can they possibly be when they are pulling in the opposite direction?

I am one of the few on here who is no way fased by Carl or Annis or anyonelse for that matter I and wont hold back if i dont agree with any of them. Ive called Carl out a number of times the last few days for things I dont agree with what he has said on VT / rebrand.etc and had umpteem stand up rows with Annis over Dave Jones. As for Gwyn he did want to meet up down Cheggars once for a "Personal interview" as he put it, but weve got over that. :D

They are certainly not my leaders. The term makes me cringe. Im too old school for that. 8-)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 am

taffyapple wrote:In my opinion, the rebrand is shite.

Retain some dignity eh?

And there we have it in a nutshell folks.

If you cant afford to keep the payments up on your house you lose it and the bank will sell it on at a reduced cost to get some of their money back. Damage limitation I believe its called.

So why the f**k Carl makes out Sam is doing us a favour chipping 22 million off the debt I dont know. In any other industry hed be lucky to get £1.

I think he deserves 10m, its a fair price, he did get the ball rolling lets not forget, but lets not kid ourselves that hes doing it for the love of CCFC. Hes a busineman first and foremost.