Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WERE WE PROMISED A DEBT FREE CLUB

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Or were we told that once a deal could be sorted out with Langston then VT would transfer his investment to equity. Because that's what I remember from the initial meetings, VT could not and would not turn it to equity until the deal was done with Langston, isn't that still the same as it is at this present moment, or have I missed something?

We were promised a £100mill investment, not a £100 mill loan, true or not ?
For over 2yrs they have also said at the shareholders meetings, they were turning the loans in to shares, all facts.

I believe we will be getting told the same in the next shareholders meeting on the 16th of this month :(
Unless a deals done by then and its all rolling anyway.
:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:06 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Or were we told that once a deal could be sorted out with Langston then VT would transfer his investment to equity. Because that's what I remember from the initial meetings, VT could not and would not turn it to equity until the deal was done with Langston, isn't that still the same as it is at this present moment, or have I missed something?

For over 2yrs they have also said at the shareholders meetings, they were turning the loans in to shares, all facts.

I believe we will be getting told the same in the next shareholders meeting on the 16th of this month :(
Unless a deals done by then and its all rolling anyway.
:ayatollah:

I feel exactly the same as well.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:

But read the statement as Steve Davies posted, until the deal is done with Langston, it can't be turned into equity, I'm sure we were all made aware of that, what has changed? and at the end of the day, the debt is only on the books, it is VT's debt to himself when he owns the club fully.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But read the statement as Steve Davies posted, until the deal is done with Langston, it can't be turned into equity, I'm sure we were all made aware of that, what has changed? and at the end of the day, the debt is only on the books, it is VT's debt to himself when he owns the club fully.

Then perhaps they should of held back on the stripping of our clubs identity, if they could not guarantee this. But at least uve stated that u will be the first one over the fence against them if they have not delivered it within the next 6 months from July.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am

At the moment the £1m a month VT is putting in is keeping us alive, and whilst he does this I'll back him.

Once he stops then where else can we go.

Our debt has been out of control for years, at least now the majority of it it owed to soemone who has something to lose.

IIt would be great to get Sam sorted as whilst the langston debt is on the scene and the threat of legal action is there then new investors will be reluctant to get involved (and this is what VT has stated he wants, and what we'll need long term), but it takes 2 to tango and Sam will think he's got greater bargaining power after VT's statement, however hopefully our fans are clever enough to realise this and give him time to settle and not get involved in pushing for a commercial deal to be settled on terms which may not be the best for the club (any money being paid to Sam will only crete a new debt for the club unless Vt converts to equity, and if he does surely it will be taking resources from other things if its above the £10m put aside).

Gwyn, the 6 months deadline you placed isn't going to help - you might want to rething that if you really are prepared to back our owners.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Then perhaps they should of held back on the stripping of our clubs identity, if they could not guarantee this. But at least uve stated that u will be the first one over the fence against them if they have not delivered it within the next 6 months from July.

Don't worry, I stand by my statement and am consistent, haven't changed my view or approach from day one, if it is proved in six months time they have set out to shaft us, then it will be Ridsdale mark two, but until it is proven they out to shaft us or harm us then let's show some trust and be grateful they stepped into save us when there was no one else looking to help, other than a wanker from Jersey with two Bob and a nineteen year old opera singer from Scotland.

It's not like we had much choice was it.