Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WERE WE PROMISED A DEBT FREE CLUB

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Or were we told that once a deal could be sorted out with Langston then VT would transfer his investment to equity. Because that's what I remember from the initial meetings, VT could not and would not turn it to equity until the deal was done with Langston, isn't that still the same as it is at this present moment, or have I missed something?

Re: WERE WE PROMISED A DEBT FREE CLUB

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Or were we told that once a deal could be sorted out with Langston then VT would transfer his investment to equity. Because that's what I remember from the initial meetings, VT could not and would not turn it to equity until the deal was done with Langston, isn't that still the same as it is at this present moment, or have I missed something?

Something about a deadline being missed yday?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't get it, is this another dig at the malaysians or not?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 pm

That is what the official statements said on the official site.

And £10m budgeted to pay off Langstone.

Nothing has come out of the club directly to change or contradict that.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I don't get it, is this another dig at the malaysians or not?

I dont think it is I think hes trying to get people to calm down over the Malaysian bashing about the debt

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Or were we told that once a deal could be sorted out with Langston then VT would transfer his investment to equity. Because that's what I remember from the initial meetings, VT could not and would not turn it to equity until the deal was done with Langston, isn't that still the same as it is at this present moment, or have I missed something?

Seems that way.

I take all promises from football chairmen with a pinch of salt anyway. :D
Seems like you don't get let down so much then .

CP76 wrote:

Whose deadline though?

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I don't get it, is this another dig at the malaysians or not?

A dig at those having a dig at the malaysians id say but its late I could be missing something :D

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Did the Malaysians officially ever say they would turn any debt to equity?

I know it has been said many times in the meetings by the club just can't remember if it was mentioned in TG's "we ain't going blue" statement or in Tans "this is why we are red" statement?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 pm

jon1959 wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Whose deadline though?

Anyones guess depending who you read :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:24 pm

gwyn link to report in the western mail if you scroll down it clearly states subject to resolving the langston issue.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31122276/

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

here is the excerpt from the statement

Subject to resolution of the Langston issue, work will also continue in earnest to improve the balance sheet by driving new revenue streams, attracting new investment and converting existing debt to equity. At the same time, plans will proceed in respect of the proposed new training ground and facilities, whilst feasibility studies will continue in respect of the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate juncture. Our Investors have also fully reaffirmed their support to enable Malky Mackay to strengthen his squad for the season ahead in line with the viable and prudent budgets agreed with him.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z22QV4FKRT

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

We cant expect people to read the small print.

Some still think weve got 100m to spend on players :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm

CP76 wrote:We cant expect people to read the small print.

To be honest anyone who ever thought that was an idiot. Who would we sign in the championship to spend 100 million? It would be nearly impossible :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Aramore wrote:

To be honest anyone who ever thought that was an idiot. Who would we sign in the championship to spend 100 million? It would be nearly impossible :lol:

15 x Jordan Rhodes :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 pm

It's clear that come the start of the season, the only no difference we got is our red shirts and badge and nothing else!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:It's clear that come the start of the season, the only no difference we got is our red shirts and badge and nothing else!

And a squad full of decent players for a promotion push

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 pm

CP76 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

15 x Jordan Rhodes :lol:

Would score a few goals with that team to be fair ;)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Can't remember the Malaysians saying they were going to pay Langston by 31st July to keep Sam and certain people on this Messageboard happy.

VT will pay off Sam/Langston only when it suits VT, so people need to get it out of their heads because this could drag on for a very long time.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Magners wrote:

Can't remember the Malaysians saying they were going to pay Langston by 31st July to keep Sam and certain people on this Messageboard happy.

VT will pay off Sam/Langston only when it suits VT, so people need to get it out of their heads because this could drag on for a very long time.

The Malaysian's never did as far as I know, Sam in all fairness has said for a while now that it need to be sorted by mid July and that was extended to the end of July, don't know the reasons behind that, if there were clauses in certain contracts whatever, or what direction things will go now that this date has passed by, just hope it don't end the negotiations and we can still make some progress.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I dont think it helps negotations when a director of the club is having a go at hammam publically on twitter.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Yep thats what I heard too, a debt free Cardiff City !

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Are people starting on wonder why they sold out? Surely you reluctant reds expected something in return for your souls? I thought we would be debt free. The debt is rising and we are signing more players and paying more wages even giving players away whilst rejecting bids for allegedly disruptive players.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 pm

CP76 wrote:I dont think it helps negotations when a director of the club is having a go at hammam publically on twitter.

I don't blame Borley to be honest, Hammam has been trying to get this club over a barrel for his own gain for far too long !!. It seems perfectly fine for Carl to roll out the pro-Hammam propaganda when it suits to paint the Malaysians in a bad light.

I'm awaiting this "MASSIVE TRUTH" upon Carl's return !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Are people starting on wonder why they sold out? Surely you reluctant reds expected something in return for your souls? I thought we would be debt free. The debt is rising and we are signing more players and paying more wages even giving players away whilst rejecting bids for allegedly disruptive players.

nope not wondering why! still long way to go with vt/sam to me its a case of how long is a piece of string? as long as my club is still in buisness everything else will sort itself out one way and another , so cross bridge if/when it arises! :old:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 pm

we were promised a debt free club...

and we got a 35 year old striker, a south korean for publicity stint/revenue . imagen how many koreans will be getting No.7 Kim bo kyung wen park retires

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:31 am

CP76 wrote:I dont think it helps negotations when a director of the club is having a go at hammam publically on twitter.

Im supprised the guys not been sacked by the club some of the stuff he says on there, anyone in any line of job done the same that hes put out over the last season or two they would have had the chop :lol:
Oh and on the thread headline....debt free please, played the violin long enough on this one i have and now the strings are broke :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:41 am

Neokutai wrote:

I don't blame Borley to be honest, Hammam has been trying to get this club over a barrel for his own gain for far too long !!. It seems perfectly fine for Carl to roll out the pro-Hammam propaganda when it suits to paint the Malaysians in a bad light.

I'm awaiting this "MASSIVE TRUTH" upon Carl's return !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didnt realise Carl was a director? Borley shouldnt be washing the clubs dirty laundry in public.

Anyway I bet Sam wont thank Carl for his outbursts and threats to make things public anyway. Neither would VT be impressed with Borleys pissed up actions I wouldnt have thought.

Does Carl really think by slamming VT on a messageboard its going to make him up his offer? :lol:

Borley and Carl should forget trying to show whos got the biggest cock and leave the big boys sort it out one and for all. :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:43 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Magners wrote:

The Malaysian's never did as far as I know, Sam in all fairness has said for a while now that it need to be sorted by mid July and that was extended to the end of July, don't know the reasons behind that, if there were clauses in certain contracts whatever, or what direction things will go now that this date has passed by, just hope it don't end the negotiations and we can still make some progress.

That s my understanding also , however I dont believe a deadline was set by VT as to when we would be debt free . I still believe that they will turn there investment into equity , but only when the deal finally gets done , one way or the other with Sam..

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 am

We were promised a £100mill investment, not a £100 mill loan, true or not ?
For over 2yrs they have also said at the shareholders meetings, they were turning the loans in to shares, all facts.