Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky wanted 2 in by Huddersfield?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

He's got 1,who will be the next? :ayatollah:

Re: Malky wanted 2 in by Huddersfield?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Always Blue wrote:He's got 1,who will be the next? :ayatollah:

i think the next will be bellamy, and we will then see a defender on loan who will join us nr to the end of august after the parent club allows it.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 pm

I think it maybe Bellamy,and maybe another one before the window ends then,then Kelly on loan maybe :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Bellers will sign but I think we will get one in before he signs. Optimism I know. :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Bellers will sign but I think we will get one in before he signs. Optimism I know. :D :ayatollah:

Tommy Smith could be the next player to join Cardiff City from QPR.

Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay has completed the signing of Heidar Helguson from Rangers and is looking to agree a deal for Smith after the forward was told he can leave Loftus Road.

Cardiff also recently made an enquiry about Jay Bothroyd, who left them to join the R’s on a Bosman free transfer a year ago.

Like Helguson, Smith knows Mackay well from their time together at Watford and has plenty of Championship experience.

He moved to west London from Portsmouth for £1.5m in 2010 and played a major role in helping Rangers win promotion.

But the 32-year-old made only seven first-team appearances following Mark Hughes’ appointment as manager in January and has since fallen further down the pecking order.

Several other clubs have shown an interest in Smith but are struggling to meet his wage demands.

Hughes is keen for a number of QPR’s fringe players to move on this summer.

Luke Young is also surplus to requirements but his future is unclear after a potential move appeared to fall through.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Always Blue wrote:I think it maybe Bellamy,and maybe another one before the window ends then,then Kelly on loan maybe :ayatollah:

Where are people getting Martin Kelly's name from? We've got no chance, firstly he'll get plenty of first-team football at Liverpool this season given they've potentially got 4 competitions to play for, also if they were to loan him out then why would they even consider loaning him out to a Championship club. The guy is an England international, surely a loan to a Premier League club would be far more benefital. Surely if we're looking at loaning a Liverpool defender then I would suggest Jon Flanagan or Jack Robinson.

I'm not knocking you personally but I get pissed off when the club get's slammed for signing a player like Helgusson because some fans are completely dilusional and believe we're able to buy and attract players who are so obviously beyond our reach.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Carl?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:03 pm

I can see another 2 and Bellamy before Huddersfield but maybe I'm being optimistic.