Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 6 mill

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm

TBH I'm glad Malkys not chasing what all the other champ clubs are chasing.He hasn't signed a baddun yet.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:TBH I'm glad Malkys not chasing what all the other champ clubs are chasing.He hasn't signed a baddun yet.

Rudy

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 pm

keano wrote:I think we could have got alot more for our money than what we have spent it on missed out on alot of quality floating about

Considering VT's record do you really think we have spent anything near £6m on players this summer?

I would say it was closer to £1.5m with much of the rest dependant on additional payments for appearances etc

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:00 pm

CP76 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:TBH I'm glad Malkys not chasing what all the other champ clubs are chasing.He hasn't signed a baddun yet.

Rudy

To be fair he was a freebie who looked half decent on trial.

The new contract however is unacceptable.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Aramore wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Rudy

Rudy's biggest problem was his fitness issues. If he had stayed clear of all those hamstring problems I really think he would have been class last season.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Rudy

Rudy's biggest problem was his fitness issues. If he had stayed clear of all those hamstring problems I really think he would have been class last season.

He was an abolute donkey whenever he played. He ran like a headless chicken, had no ball control whatsoever and for all the headers he won 90% of them went back to the opposition or into dead space, quite often setting up their attacks.

His only use is that fact he has no idea what he's doing so Centre Backs follow him round worried he may be better than he looks.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Aramore wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Rudy

He was an abolute donkey whenever he played. He ran like a headless chicken, had no ball control whatsoever and for all the headers he won 90% of them went back to the opposition or into dead space, quite often setting up their attacks.

His only use is that fact he has no idea what he's doing so Centre Backs follow him round worried he may be better than he looks.

He struggled when coming back from injury that is for sure, but he had some great games in the League Cup (vs Leciester and the Final)

I really think his problems stemed from pre-season which was interupted due to his trial period

I hope he stays injury free this season so we can judge him when he is 100% fit.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Aramore wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Rudy

He struggled when coming back from injury that is for sure, but he had some great games in the League Cup (vs Leciester and the Final)

I really think his problems stemed from pre-season which was interupted due to his trial period

I hope he stays injury free this season so we can judge him when he is 100% fit.

He was useless in the final! I've watched the game back several times. All he did was knock balls into empty space and fall over at the slightest contact.

The only real effect he has now is a tall unknown quantity. If he ever got a run of games while fit other teams would work him out very qucikly.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Aramore wrote:[

He was useless in the final! I've watched the game back several times. All he did was knock balls into empty space and fall over at the slightest contact.

The only real effect he has now is a tall unknown quantity. If he ever got a run of games while fit other teams would work him out very qucikly.

Well that's your opinion mine is he was excellent in the Final. What is not in dispute is the problems he had with injury and again I say he should be given an opportunity to show us what he can do when fully fit

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Aramore wrote:[

Well that's your opinion mine is he was excellent in the Final. What is not in dispute is the problems he had with injury and again I say he should be given an opportunity to show us what he can do when fully fit

I can't see him showing us any more.

On a less subjective note I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get over his injury problems for a few years.

I think he'll need a proper stay on the sidelines to sure he's 100% before he comes back, last season it seemed like he came on the second he was patched up and it showed as he could barely last two games in a row without limping off.

I think his muscles need to develop a bit more... which is a bit worrying considering he's 24 in October.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Agree Aaromore his role in the final is well overplayed.

He wins a few headers but cant control where they are going to. Ball to feet hes like LFW absolutely shocking.