Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT RAZOR DO YOU USE - TIP WANTED!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

i`ve been using gillette over the years ... you know the 4 then 5 blade shavers that i think is now called fusion. ... well i was just wondering if theres anything better on the market because i dont really think they shave that great! .... SO ANY TIPS OUT THERE?

Re: WHAT RAZOR DO YOU USE - TIP WANTED!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:52 pm

I switched from Gillette (always used, 10yrs) to this: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/eb ... 4574_l.jpg a few years back. Mainly as buying a new razor & this was on at half price.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

I've always found that the old Cut Throat gets the best results ;)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:00 pm

C4RL05 wrote:I switched from Gillette (always used, 10yrs) to this: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/eb ... 4574_l.jpg a few years back. Mainly as buying a new razor & this was on at half price.

CHEERS! thats worth a go! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Ive Always gone with Gillette, but this one was half price in Asda so I tried it and it's really good, it's a 'King of shaves' razor

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Since the rebrand my missis has put them in the bin and im currenly walking around like bin lardens best m8 along with the rope plus all the pills in the medical box shes ditched :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Gavlar wrote:Ive Always gone with Gillette, but this one was half price in Asda so I tried it and it's really good, it's a 'King of shaves' razor

good thing about that, if its crap i can take out the blade and use it as a sling shot! :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Ive Always gone with Gillette, but this one was half price in Asda so I tried it and it's really good, it's a 'King of shaves' razor

good thing about that, if its crap i can take out the blade and use it as a sling shot! :lol:

Aherne please note I've gone the extra mile and got up off the sofa to take a photo on your behalf!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Gavlar wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

Aherne please note I've gone the extra mile and got up off the sofa to take a photo on your behalf!

tbh i thought it was a wind up ... but here it is http://www.amazon.co.uk/KING-SHAVES-Azo ... 733&sr=8-4 so because you went that extra mile i`ll give it a go! cheers! :D

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Yaaaay I win

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 pm

Gillette Match 3 is pretty good.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

I have psoriasis and sensitive skin, so I have to be careful what I use and at the moment that's Gillette power, would love to be able to get a cheaper blade that skin friendly! I shave the swede to so its expensive!!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm

home or away games? :twisted:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 pm

I try different ones now and again but always end up back with The newest Gillette. Sorry Gaviar but that King of Shaves one was useles for me. Kept clogging up and became blunt quite quickly.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:49 pm

ALWAYS wash your face with as hot water as you can bare, then use hair conditioner instead of shaving foam!

TRUST ME! :lol: it works much better!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Merlin wrote:ALWAYS wash your face with as hot water as you can bare, then use hair conditioner instead of shaving foam!

Gentleman we have an odd ball amongst our ranks!!! :lol: :lol:

Only joking Craig, interesting concept!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Merlin wrote:ALWAYS wash your face with as hot water as you can bare, then use hair conditioner instead of shaving foam!

Gentleman we have an odd ball amongst our ranks!!! :lol: :lol:

Only joking Craig, interesting concept!

Try it! I'm deadly serious....... A few of my mates use it too..... You need a hot shower to open the pores in your skin for full effect! Haven't bought shaving foam for years - just pick up a cheap bottle of conditioner when i go shopping! Thank me later!! ;-)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

I always shave after a shower.

Using some Gillette 4 blade job at the moment.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

C4RL05 wrote:I switched from Gillette (always used, 10yrs) to this: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/eb ... 4574_l.jpg a few years back. Mainly as buying a new razor & this was on at half price.

What you using it on? Your legs? Looking at your avatar I'd say the razor is poor :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

Canton stand baz wrote:

What you using it on? Your legs? Looking at your avatar I'd say the razor is poor :lol:

Haha. I do (did?) a clean shave every 6 weeks or so, the photo was taken just before. Good choice if have a bit of growth as clippers & razor at either end. Started just using the clipper end on grade 1 recently though.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 am

A sharp one