Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What QPR fans are saying about Helguson...

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:23 pm

"I was Helgusons biggest critic earlier in his earlier QPR days. I saw absolutely no value in him whatsoever. But under Warnock it was as if this player had been reborn. He played a pivotal role in our promotion season and a huge part in our survival last year too.
Obviously Hughes will have seen far more of him than we will have this summer, but for me he's every bit as good as a target man upfront as Bobby Zamora. Helguson bossed and bullied many a defender last season. To allow a player of that quality to leave on a free transfer seems a funny bit of business to me. We need to offload some players, but he definitely wouldn't be one of them IMO. "

"I think Bothroyd is a better player than he's given credit for. Too many times he's left isolated upfront and in a role he's not familiar with. He's not a target man and it makes him look bad. However, like you said, a choice between him and Helguson is absolutely no contest. Helguson every day of the week. His work ethic and sheer drive sets him apart from the others. If he's been made available on a free transfer I can't believe Cardiff are the only club in for him?"

"Would be a great shame, he's been fantastic for us and even when he was missing sitters brought so much to the team. It would be particularly disheartening to see him play for Cardiff!"

"NOT CARDIFF!!
Weird one this....if true. Can't see Hughes' reasoning for letting HH go. For me would definitely be in our 25 man squad and if we play 4-4-2 (as expected), I would have loved to see him play with Cisse. On his day I think HH is as good as (if not better than) AJ & Zamora and definitely better than DJ & Bothroyd."

"Yep, dissapointed when i saw this in the press...
Would personally prefer him in the squad to Bothroyd, Hulse and Campbell. "

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=6 ... sc&start=0
looks like we're getting a decent player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: What QPR fans are saying about Helguson...

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm

You must be gutted we are getting such a good players Scott seeing as you want us to fail next season :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

CP76 wrote:You must be gutted we are getting such a good players Scott seeing as you want us to fail next season :lol:

If you read what i said then you'll know i didn't say that Polo, because you're not stupid. So i'm not going to give you the satisfaction of getting into a pointless debate with you now because i know you love to be the centre of attention. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
CP76 wrote:You must be gutted we are getting such a good players Scott seeing as you want us to fail next season :lol:

If you read what i said then you'll know i didn't say that Polo, because you're not stupid. So i'm not going to give you the satisfaction of getting into a pointless debate with you now because i know you love to be the centre of attention. :ayatollah:

Please dont refer to me as Polo anynmore, my name is cp76, or Chris. :ayatollah:

And dont make me dig out the quote Scott. At least you admitted it, which is more than I can say for some who are running with the fox and the hounds.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 pm

CP76 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Please dont refer to me as Polo anynmore, my name is cp76, or Chris. :ayatollah:

And dont make me dig out the quote Scott. At least you admitted it, which is more than I can say for some who are running with the fox and the hounds.

Correct i always say exactly how i feel, and i wouldn't be afraid to admit if i did want us to fail.

What i said was that, i will still be there every game, wanting us to win and cheering when we score, and i still hope we get promoted. BUT, sub-consciously, a part of me wouldn't be too bothered (or as bothered as other seasons) if we fail because it may lead to us going back to blue, and it's not the end of the world because we can always just go again in seasons after.

Whereas i fear that if we get promoted in red, we will never go back blue - and going back blue is more important to me than getting promoted this season.

If that makes sense?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm

i think sub-consciously i'm going to want us to fail yes, i'm "man enough" to admit that as you say.

In a way it feels like win/win, if we go up then great, if not and we completely fail but went back to blue eventually then we can always try again in seasons after.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 pm

CP76 wrote:
i think sub-consciously i'm going to want us to fail yes, i'm "man enough" to admit that as you say.

In a way it feels like win/win, if we go up then great, if not and we completely fail but went back to blue eventually then we can always try again in seasons after.

Exactly, that completely backs up what i said in my previous post if you read it. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 pm

CP76 wrote:

I know your life seems to be this messageboard Polo but you would get a lot better idea of what i mean if i explain in person over a pint, which i am more than happy to do. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I will also just quote part of a brief PM conversation i had with Annis a few months ago, just to emphasise my point...

Me: "I know we haven't always seen eye to eye Annis but i'm 100% with you on this whole rebranding issue.

I honestly feel ashamed by the way our fans have generally reacted to this whole situation, disgusted actually, i really feel like i'm in such a minority right now.

I didn't want to post this as a topic on the forum because i'm fed up of being told i'm letting the club down, or not a real fan, or that i need to just accept it because i just can't.

I feel like i'd be letting the club down by accepting it actually! But i can't give up my season ticket, i just can't. Ask anyone i know and they'll tell you that supporting this club is my life.

But next season... I almost think i want the Malaysians and this new plan to fail. But of course i don't want Cardiff City to fail so do you see my problem? I think a part of me at the games next season is going to want us to fail so that we can go back to blue eventually.

The passion i have for Cardiff just seems to have gone instantly.

Annis: "Scott,

We are actually totally on the same wave length, but I wont roll over, I intend to fight for my club they stripping and breaking.

Good to be on the same side Scott."

I think that maybe makes the point better, it's the Malaysians that i want to fail, not the club, unfortunately one can't really happen without the other so i'm obviously torn.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
CP76 wrote:

I know your life seems to be this messageboard Polo but you would get a lot better idea of what i mean if i explain in person over a pint, which i am more than happy to do. :ayatollah:

I know what you mean im just having a bit of fun with you. :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:23 pm

CP76 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
CP76 wrote:

I know what you mean im just having a bit of fun with you. :lol: :ayatollah:

I honestly don't take it as anything other than message board banter, it's fine. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Crystal Palace 76 still going on then....

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:41 pm

This post was made by RedBluebird who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Sheer Bliss 8-)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm

CP76 wrote:This post was made by RedBluebird who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Sheer Bliss 8-)

Ignorance is bliss. :roll:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm

CP76 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

You have a name! :o :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I always assumed he was just a computer prgramme that was created back in the 80s to study football fans :o :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Aramore wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I always assumed he was just a computer prgramme that was created back in the 80s to study football fans :o :lol:

:lol: