Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy and his knees!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 am

Assuming we do manage to sign Craig again I am a bit worried about all these games he's playing with Team GB and the effect it will have on his fitness for the new season.

When he was last here ( and under the watchful eye of Dutch Ray) it was always said that he would struggle to play twice in a week and I'm not sure how many times he played on a midweek following a weekend game.

If GB win on Saturday that will mean at least two more games ( either the final or the bronze medal match) meaning he will have played six games in just over two weeks!

He'll hardly be able to stand up let alone play for us. I know he's been taken off in some of the games but he is definitely the most important member of the GB team so he'll probably play the majority of the remaining games.

I really hope he does sign for us this season but I hope we don't have to wait until October to see him in a City shirt, be it red or blue.

Re: Craig Bellamy and his knees!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 am

Don't think he's played that much football in the last 12mths.To me he looks in better nick than ever.If he can turn out for city playing like that he's gonna be better than he was last time.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:39 am

ive been thinking this,

lets hope malky has the commen sense to to put him on a rehabilitition training course and rest him when hes back, for a few weeks, otherwise its a slippery slope with cartilage

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

bellamy has been at the centre of almost everything for team gb i cant see the premiership not having him back in there if not liverpool surely one of them will pay mega money again ??????
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:24 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:ive been thinking this,

lets hope malky has the commen sense to to put him on a rehabilitition training course and rest him when hes back, for a few weeks, otherwise its a slippery slope with cartilage

Malky does seem the type of guy to do something like that, hopefully he does.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:47 am

It may be a factor that the last time he was with us he was a Man City player, had fallen out with them over training (alledgedly) and we only paying about a third of his wages. Was the previous caution a bit of a ruse to keep Man City happy ??

Now he's (hopefully) our player things mau be a bit different. Don't know this - just a thought :ayatollah: