Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Helguson ??????????

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:36 am

This transfer budget for rebranding & we are looking at 34 year old s????

Beggars belief - Maynard has been mentioned and we end up eith a 34 year old :shock:

Re: Helguson ??????????

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 am

So you wouldn't take Ricardo Fuller then coz he's 33?

Helguson is a VERY good player at this level and he's fitter than a butchers dog. He's one of the best target men I've seen in the Championship despite his height.

I'd take him on a free! Just because we have money doesn't mean we have to spend all of it

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 am

34 year old tho

He maybe free - but I bet his ££££££ is going to cost us

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

We have a youngish squad we need one or two of his type for experience..
Remember mr dean windass and how important his leadership was :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

Bellers ?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:50 am

this is whats laughable helgusson,tommy smith...we should be looking past these,,we've hardly spent any money ,most of the players we are getting or looking at are getting on or free or cheap fees....so much for tan spending millions ,which i knew was never gonna happen...i think bellamy will sign and that will be the big signing and wages ,the rest will be malky workers.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 am

d20 wrote:this is whats laughable helgusson,tommy smith...we should be looking past these,,we've hardly spent any money ,most of the players we are getting or looking at are getting on or free or cheap fees....so much for tan spending millions ,which i knew was never gonna happen...i think bellamy will sign and that will be the big signing and wages ,the rest will be malky workers.

Your right, let's spend millions and walk the league like Leicester did

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 am

d20 wrote:this is whats laughable helgusson,tommy smith...we should be looking past these,,we've hardly spent any money ,most of the players we are getting or looking at are getting on or free or cheap fees....so much for tan spending millions ,which i knew was never gonna happen...i think bellamy will sign and that will be the big signing and wages ,the rest will be malky workers.

Hardly any money????

mutch cost us 2m plus addons up to 3m
Kim bo cost 2.5m
Slovenian dude was 1m

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 am

Tbh i dont want to spend alot of money, it has been provening by leciester last year that money doesnt guarntee u promation. Long as we have a team that is willing to work togthere and put alot of effort in then i will take freebies any day of the week

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 am

no my point being that none of those fees have been paid in full espcially seeing as we have a billionaire owner,all installments ,do u honestly think we have paid in full over 2 mill for kimbo,mutch we paid £600,000 with all add ons so may not even get to 2 mill and the same with the slovak...they are just fees...im looking forward to seeing these 3 players but just not liking the fact we are being linked with helgusson ,smith etc ...they are good championship players but think we need better than them.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

good business by putting in clauses imo, mutch yes cost 600,000 up front and will get to 3m if the clauses pull off but if the clauses dont pull of we have saved money ourselves. same with kim.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 am

JASON ROBERST IN 33 AND LOOK AT THE JOB HE DONE FOR READING LAST SEASON... DISCUSSION OVER

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 am

cakey-8t7 wrote:JASON ROBERST IN 33 AND LOOK AT THE JOB HE DONE FOR READING LAST SEASON... DISCUSSION OVER

Exactly, Kevin Philips also. If you're good enough it doesn't matter how old you are! 9 goals in 16 pl appearances, definitely past it :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 am

d20 wrote:no my point being that none of those fees have been paid in full espcially seeing as we have a billionaire owner,all installments ,do u honestly think we have paid in full over 2 mill for kimbo,mutch we paid £600,000 with all add ons so may not even get to 2 mill and the same with the slovak...they are just fees...im looking forward to seeing these 3 players but just not liking the fact we are being linked with helgusson ,smith etc ...they are good championship players but think we need better than them.

Vrtually every signing at any level is done in installments, why pay all of a transfer fee up front when you can drip feed the payment????

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 am

Exactly, Kevin Philips also. If you're good enough it doesn't matter how old you are! 9 goals in 16 pl appearances, definitely past it

His stats are shocking as u see above, only 9 goals in 16 apperances that is not good enough, Malkay go and sign someone else ;)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 am

What about Bellamy then, Dont want him do you :roll: FFS