Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Helgusson, martin kelly, tommy smith

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 am

Anyone :ayatollah:

Re: Helgusson, martin kelly, tommy smith

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 am

Somebody on Twitter called @bluebirdgossip also reckons Helgurson today :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Somebody on Twitter called @bluebirdgossip also reckons Helgurson today :ayatollah:

if we did sign helgusson, and bellamy, i can see jarvis being loaned out again and maybe rudy.... as we would have earnie,velikonja, plus the 2 additions..

wouldnt be a bad option to loan out rudy....

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Somebody on Twitter called @bluebirdgossip also reckons Helgurson today :ayatollah:

if we did sign helgusson, and bellamy, i can see jarvis being loaned out again and maybe rudy.... as we would have earnie,velikonja, plus the 2 additions..

wouldnt be a bad option to loan out rudy....

And Mason

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 am

It would be good additions IMO, however surely Kelly would want to play CB and expect first team football, who would you drop Hudson or Big Ben?

Players that would be good IMO

SHARP
HELGUSON
SMITH
STERLING
KELLY
BARTLEY

I think if you put them into our current squad then we would walk the league.
Silvertits could be our cover at Left back with Kelly and Bartley both able to play RB.
Sterling would add pace and skill whilst Smith would have experience and know how.
Sharp could be the fox in the box capable of 25 goals and Helguson would be a constant thorn in any defenders side.

Not gonna happen though :(

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 am

all free's or cheap signings none of this big money we were to see,to be honest would'nt go for any of them but i suppose at this standard they do a job...

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 am

d20 wrote:all free's or cheap signings none of this big money we were to see,to be honest would'nt go for any of them but i suppose at this standard they do a job...

We've already spent in excess of £6m, the highest in the Championship. What more do you want?!?!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:19 am

Kelly aside, they know how to get out of this division and wouldn't be difficult to offload if we get to the prem.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 am

Helgusson is getting on now so i dont really want him as for the other two well smith has been on the radar for along time he can play upfront or out on the wings and kelly would be a good signing as he can both full back position along with center back.
:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 am

Jarvis won't get loaned out there is an under 21 team this year :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 am

Always Blue wrote:Jarvis won't get loaned out there is an under 21 team this year :ayatollah:

I doubt jarvis will be playing much 1st team football anyway bar lower league cup games i guess even if these three wasnt in talks, the thing is ralls, harris will get under 21 games this year along with some others who may appear in the 1st team for games so thats only a good thing keeping them sharp, so well done for the new under 21 team i say :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am

d20 wrote:all free's or cheap signings none of this big money we were to see,to be honest would'nt go for any of them but i suppose at this standard they do a job...

:shock:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

SeanJr wrote:

We've already spent in excess of £6m, the highest in the Championship. What more do you want?!?!

Yep, besides as much as i dont want helgusson because hes getting on he will be a half decent target man and i know he was godo in the air from what ive seen of him in the past. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 am

So one signed the other ones in talks and a little bird told me we are waiting for liverpool to get back to us on kelly, can not see this happening though if im honest even though he played under dalglish whos knows if rogers will play him :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

Kelly would be great but i cant see it...he is too good for this league

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:33 am

scooby1973 wrote:Kelly would be great but i cant see it...he is too good for this league

Thasts what i was thinking as he played some games under kenny last season weather rogers rates him the same way who knows. :ayatollah: