Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Oxford and Team GB

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Problem.. I'm going to Oxford for the game travelling ith the supporters and getting dropped off back at the CCS..
Very tempted to get a ticket for the quarters.. Will I get back in time? Is it worth the risk buying a ticket for the quarters? :ayatollah:

Re: Oxford and Team GB

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Go for it. I'm going. I went tonight and it was amazing :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Tempted.. but how far is Oxford? Will I be back in time thats the question? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 pm

I wouldn't risk it, a coach to Oxford will take about 3 hours, you don't know if there will be traffic. We will leave Oxford at about 5:00 - 5:15, if you leave at quarter past you won't arrive at the CCS til about quarter past 8, plus the time it takes you to walk/train to the CCS, you might have to wait a while for a train. Your decsision though. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I went Chelts Tuesday and Oxford didnt seem far it was on the signs! :oops: It is a risk! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I went Chelts Tuesday and Oxford didnt seem far it was on the signs! :oops: It is a risk! :ayatollah:

But you see signs to London in Cardiff/Newport. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Oxford ent to far I thought a good 2 hours? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Oxford ent to far I thought a good 2 hours? :ayatollah:

Just did the route on Google Maps from CCS to Kassam Stadium and it is 2 and a half hours, but that is just in a car (coach much slower) and that's without traffic. :oops: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

I think it's about 2 hours to Oxford. What time's KO? If it's 3:00 you should leave Oxford by 5, therefore being back by just gone 7. 10 minute walk from the CCS then and just in time for KO (you might miss the first few minutes. Queues were massive)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 pm

You can see how hard it is for me to choose! :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:You can see how hard it is for me to choose! :lol: :ayatollah:

For me now after going to see Brazil v Egypt the other night I would pick the City and it's a new ground for me. Just looked on the ticket website aswell and it says this game kicks off at 7:30 instead of the usual 7:45 so it's an even bigger rish for you now. :oops: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Oh Im going to Oxford no doubt.. just seeing if I could make the Team GB game thats all! :ayatollah: