Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

England 1 Uraguay 0

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 pm

According to the BBC guy Jake Hunphreys :roll:
And people wonder why some won't support team GB from the celts. In fairness he corrected himself quickily but still totally unacceptable.

Also the BBC and other media outlets creating a storm about Wales booing team GB which never happened.
Then they have the cheek to call the team England.

Re: England 1 Uraguay 0

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 pm

He also said how good the ball was from Sinclair to give sturridge the opening goal - when it was Allen

Hansen and Savage were laughing at him :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Knob jockeys the lot of them especially when the best players have been Welsh. The only English player who has stood out is Sturridge. He has done well so he deserves credit tbh. The rest of the English players have been embarrassingly shite and have made me feel a lot more confident about the future of Welsh football for certain in comparison to English football.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm

RedBluebird wrote:Knob jockeys the lot of them especially when the best players have been Welsh. The only English player who has stood out is Sturridge. He has done well so he deserves credit tbh. The rest of the English players have been embarrassingly shite and have made me feel a lot more confident about the future of Welsh football for certain in comparison to English football.

Rambo, Allen and Bellamy are the 3 preforming

No one really is standing out for eng

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Agree, All the Welsh boys have been outstanding in every game so far.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 pm

glammy74 wrote:He also said how good the ball was from Sinclair to give sturridge the opening goal - when it was Allen

Could'nt of been allen glammy he only passes backwards don't he ;)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Kanester wrote:Agree, All the Welsh boys have been outstanding in every game so far.

Agree. Even though Taylor is a jack he has been class. Really impressed me and a good work horse with good work ethic. This is good for future of welsh football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

He did also called Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer. He's not having a good day :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 pm

BadaBing wrote:
glammy74 wrote:He also said how good the ball was from Sinclair to give sturridge the opening goal - when it was Allen

been top drawer mate.taylor too .as an englishman i,d have to say allen and bells main men.jack butland been very good too

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

jtc wrote:
BadaBing wrote:

been top drawer mate.taylor too .as an englishman i,d have to say allen and bells main men.jack butland been very good too

Cleverly's looking like a good link in midfield with Rambo and Allen. Any premiership team would dream of those 3 tbh.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

did i here right, a few commentators blunders? bellamy was on lone at cardiff. when david giles was manager,,,, lets see where england stand, loads of argentinians around him. :roll:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Sad thing is id love GB FC to be a thing at every Olympics and all the good work that's being done is pissed away by morons that can't help their own national ego.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Aramore wrote:
jtc wrote:
BadaBing wrote:

Cleverly's looking like a good link in midfield with Rambo and Allen. Any premiership team would dream of those 3 tbh.

they are all good kids .alllen is a very good footballer.rambo can give it away more but i suppose if you are more offensive then that,s going to happen.that jack full back played well.bellamy was bang at it .got an edge to him.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 pm

RFMH wrote:Sad thing is id love GB FC to be a thing at every Olympics and all the good work that's being done is pissed away by morons that can't help their own national ego.

it,s growing on me all the time.i was for it anyway but watching the lads together you can see there is a natural togetherness .ok keep as we are in general but i,m hoping we can do a g.b again

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:According to the BBC guy Jake Hunphreys :roll:
And people wonder why some won't support team GB from the celts. In fairness he corrected himself quickily but still totally unacceptable.

Also the BBC and other media outlets creating a storm about Wales booing team GB which never happened.

I heard five live commentators calling team G B England on the radio, that is why I won't support the formation of a G B team.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 am

i'm enjoying it, wont catch me singing mind, but great to see the welsh having a big influence on the team,
5 boys in the squad
40% of the total goal tally
60% if you say welsh influenced, :)

cant wait for saturday, only gutter for me is it knocked out the chance to go to Oxford :(

also cant believe suarez is complaining, thinking last nights boo's were disrespect to his country,
hahaha get a grip man they HATE you.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:According to the BBC guy Jake Hunphreys :roll:

Also one of the commentators (not sure what his name is, think his surname is Pearce, he used to do Robot Wars!) commented on how well Team GB were keeping the ball then followed that by saying 'that's only got to be good for English football'. tw*t, the only reason they retained the ball so well was because Allen, Ramsey and Bellamy controlled the game (to be fair though Cleverly had a good game also). So arogant, I'm not saying you can't make reference to the England national team but surely you should also point out the positive future for Welsh football also. Its porbably sad and paranoid that I clock these kind of comments but it really pisses me off especially when the Welsh lads have been by far the best performers in this Team GB.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

Jeez, its just force of habit. My missus has accidentally called them England once or twice, should I punch her.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:18 am

fox566 wrote:Jeez, its just force of habit. My missus has accidentally called them England once or twice, should I punch her.

A person saying it off the cuff is not the same as a BBC host who is paid saying it. The very minimal he should know as host of the game in the studio is the name of the teams playing :roll: surely that's the very very very bare minimum he should know? And if he struggles with the names of two teams maybe he is in the wrong job.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:
fox566 wrote:Jeez, its just force of habit. My missus has accidentally called them England once or twice, should I punch her.

A person saying it off the cuff is not the same as a BBC host who is paid saying it. The very minimal he should know as host of the game in the studio is the name of the teams playing :roll: surely that's the very very very bare minimum he should know? And if he struggles with the names of two teams maybe he is in the wrong job.

Luke, we all make mistakes. As a highly paid professional mod on here you should know its Uruguay. (only joking by the way)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 am

Already calls for GB to have a team at future Olympics, which seems quite likely at the moment. Where would a permanent GB team leave the four home associations with regards to UEFA and FIFA? In other words, the European Championships and World Cup. Just happens that there are a few decent Welsh players now, most of the time it will be England + 1 or 2 others. Better get used to it being called England, and brush up on GSTQ!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:19 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Already calls for GB to have a team at future Olympics, which seems quite likely at the moment. Where would a permanent GB team leave the four home associations with regards to UEFA and FIFA? In other words, the European Championships and World Cup. Just happens that there are a few decent Welsh players now, most of the time it will be England + 1 or 2 others. Better get used to it being called England, and brush up on GSTQ!

By the way the welsh lads have performed in this tournament, fears that we would be overlooked if GB became a permanent fixture appear to be unfounded. Sad to say it is probably our boys best chance to appear at a finals - as long as you have a decent, unbiased coach like Pearce in charge.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Eufa and Fifa need to smaller countries to pad out the qualifiers TV schedules and keep the big boys apart for the major tournaments, thus sending the TV contract for the majors sky high.

Sadly just WFA hierarchy pissed off that they couldn't get their heads in the trough....

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Bluebird for Life - agree with you about Pearce. He has been an excellent manager, refused to let himself be bullied into picking Beckham. Imagine what a pantomine it would have been! It takes a proper, English football man to navigate the politics. Pearce has spoken well about this GSTQ business as well.

Llan Bluebird - yes, good points. Now that the Euros are going to be 24 next time, I suppose they do need us, if just to make up the numbers. Don't suppose anybody would really want the big countries to miss out through playing each other in the qualifiers. Euro 2008 did ms England being there.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Did miss England, that should have been !