Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

". MINI UPDATE WEDNESDAY 1st AUGUST "

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Requests from fans to attend the official reopening of the stadium has been phenomenal and the club expect thousands of fans to be there on Friday August 10th. It is free to attend if you book in advance or £2 on the day if you have not booked in advance.

Tickets for the Newcastle game have been slow, and currently judging by sales so far, it looks like it could be the lowest attendance for a home pre season friendly in years.

The name of 'CARDIFF CITY STADIUM' will be replaced with 'CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB' on the front of the stadium, the style of lettering will be the same used on Ninian Park and the lettering will be red.

Season tickets are still on sale and there have been a couple of hundred sold since it was announced that we had sold 16,000. There have now been 16,200 approximately sold.

The home kit will be launched for sale next week and followed by the away kit in 3 weeks.

The fit out of the bars in the Premier seating lounge areas has been completed and thousands of pounds spent in redecorating the lounge areas.

I am also told that Malky is hopeful that he will have 2 more signings in before the Huddersfield game.

I am finally now away on on my Summer holidays in Majorca. :ayatollah:

Re: MINI UPDATE WEDNESDAY 1st AUGUST

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:Requests from fans to attend the official reopening of the stadium has been phenomenal and the club expect thousands of fans to be there on Friday August 10th. It is free to attend if you book in advance or £2 on the day if you have not booked in advance.

Tickets for the Newcastle game have been slow, and currently judging by sales so far, it looks like it could be the lowest attendance for a home pre season friendly in years.

The name of 'CARDIFF CITY STADIUM' will be replaced with 'CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB' on the front of the stadium, the style of lettering will be the same used on Ninian Park and the lettering will be red.

Season tickets are still on sale and there have been a couple of hundred sold since it was announced that we had sold 16,000. There have now been 16,200 approximately sold.

The home kit will be launched for sale next week and followed by the away kit in 3 weeks.

The fit out of the bars in the Premier seating lounge areas has been completed and thousands of pounds spent in redecorating the lounge areas.

I am also told that Malky is hopeful that he will have 2 more signings in before the Huddersfield game.

Yes! The Leader returns! :ayatollah:

Hopefully one of the signings is Bellamy, the other Nicky Maynard maybe? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Other than the colour it will be nice to see :ayatollah:

Re: ". MINI UPDATE WEDNESDAY 1st AUGUST "

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I won't dwell on it much but surely if the "Cardiff City Stadium" is being taken down then a deal might be in place with Langstone, then meaning the stadium will be re-named?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 pm

have a good holiday Carl

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Yes! The Leader returns! :ayatollah:

Cringe

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:I won't dwell on it much but surely if the "Cardiff City Stadium" is being taken down then a deal might be in place with Langstone, then meaning the stadium will be re-named?

For me, this is just the result of us not having the Blues using the stadium. Regardless if they were only 'lodgers', I'm sure that there were things in place to ensure they felt at home. Those things being the stadium name and having Blues branding about the place.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Cringe

:lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Red lettering on blue backround.............do you think this is intent from the club on a stadium colour change to Red?
But, bu judging on Carls use of the word phenomenal to describe the interest in the re-opening, hopefully this means the majority of fans are positively supporting the club (unless the phenomenal is negative and nobody has shown an interest!!).

As for season tickets, 16K isnt bad. How does this compare to the previous 5 seasons?

2 more signings is obviously positive news but, hopefully we can shift out 2 and get an extra signing to make it 3.

As for the Newcastle game, isnt this game normally a walk-up crowd?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

if the newcastle tickets were 10 pound all round i would of taken a lot more with me, but 20 pound for non season ticket holes is a f*cking joke people are not willing to pay that for a glorified training session :ayatollah: hopefully the signings are bellamy, a striker/winger depends where bellamy will play and we can sneak in another defender with gerrard leaving :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:20 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:if the newcastle tickets were 10 pound all round i would of taken a lot more with me, but 20 pound for non season ticket holes is a f*cking joke people are not willing to pay that for a glorified training session :ayatollah: hopefully the signings are bellamy, a striker/winger depends where bellamy will play and we can sneak in another defender with gerrard leaving :ayatollah:

The club missed a trick there IMO...£10 and kids a quid, would have been loads there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 pm

And that would be closer to 10k if the rebrand had been announced prior to most people buying season tickets. Going to be the lowest number for years. Think the gate will be well below 20k on many occasions next yr.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:38 pm

northside of risca wrote:Season tickets are still on sale and there have been a couple of hundred sold since it was announced that we had sold 16,000. There have now been 16,200 approximately sold.

And that would be closer to 10k if the rebrand had been announced prior to most people buying season tickets. Going to be the lowest number for years. Think the gate will be well below 20k on many occasions next yr.

I would have still renewed if they announced the rebrand earlier,, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Marc wrote:
northside of risca wrote:Season tickets are still on sale and there have been a couple of hundred sold since it was announced that we had sold 16,000. There have now been 16,200 approximately sold.

I would have still renewed if they announced the rebrand earlier,, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I certainly wouldn't have. Won't be next yr if that f*cking badge remains. Will sack off season ticket and do more away games.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

It's great the club are improving facilities for a minority of fans but what about improving the quality and price of the crap lager they serve to the vast majority?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Wonder why the newcastle game is down on numbers and season tickets are down hmm let me think :shock: . As for the open day i mean whats going to be any diffrent infront of the grandstand bar a new look badge on the cladding but on the plus side more beer that tastes like its been rinsed through michael flatleys socks and there might be a bouncy castle for some tough guys and some kcb to have it out after the kids have finished. :lol:
:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:52 pm

you had me creaming until that very last word. :cry:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:54 pm

bluecityblue wrote:The fit out of the bars in the Premier seating lounge areas has been completed and thousands of pounds spent in redecorating the lounge areas.

It's great the club are improving facilities for a minority of fans but what about improving the quality and price of the crap lager they serve to the vast majority?

A big printing firm call ricoh printers have funded the lounge and it is a different class to the previous.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:

you had me creaming until that very last word. :cry:

Ditto.

Like that they are linking it with Ninian Park, but the colour, aaaaaagggggghhhhhh.
But no suprise :(

Have a good holiday Carl :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Have a good holiday Carl ... be careful with what kind of Tan you come back with ;)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:12 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Have a good holiday Carl ... be careful with what kind of Tan you come back with ;)

Very sharpe tony :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:35 pm

northside of risca wrote:
Marc wrote:

I certainly wouldn't have. Won't be next yr if that f*cking badge remains. Will sack off season ticket and do more away games.

You know you could have had your money back right? Why didn't you?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Have a good holiday Carl ... be careful with what kind of Tan you come back with ;)

Oh dear :violent1: :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:35 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:I won't dwell on it much but surely if the "Cardiff City Stadium" is being taken down then a deal might be in place with Langstone, then meaning the stadium will be re-named?

No.

It was planned months ago and had already been ordered when Julian Jenkins mentioned it at a meeting on 8 May. He was a bit sheepish when confessing it was going to be red mind (not his fault).

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:Requests from fans to attend the official reopening of the stadium has been phenomenal and the club expect thousands of fans to be there on Friday August 10th. It is free to attend if you book in advance or £2 on the day if you have not booked in advance.

So the ability to order the blue kit delayed for at least 3 weeks after the ability to push the red one. That`s "lucky" for the club!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Any1 giv me a brief view of this i am a bit drunk. :oops: :oops: what as carl sed here to us bluebird red s? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Have a good holiday Carl and keep off the hard stuff ;) :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 pm

they need to reduce the price of the newcastle game.....

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 pm

For me its another disappointment sorry I will always support the city what ever but these changes apart from the obvious are hard to take.Red signs on Cardiff City football club is cringe for me as is that badge .I hate it all what they have done to are club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Cringe

Why reply then? Fool.