Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHY VT SHOULD PAY LANGSTON

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Gonzo wrote:Oh dear oh dear. Sams little helpers doing his PR yet again, spinning the same old rubbish.

Sam is the biggest liar of them all as far as I'm concerned. Whilst building up this huge debt he was claiming that it was all his own money!! He loved the club so much that he couldn't stop spending and it was going to bankrupt him - remember that? Just one of many proclamations made by the old fool from sitting on top of a fruit machine in the Cwrt Rawlin. 

How can people defend him then at the same time call VT a liar? There was never any timescale put on the table to deal with SAMs debt. Sam can make as many deadlines as he wants, the club will deal with him in their own time.

If he's so keen to be repaid then why not file court papers today? As we keep being told, the debt is due today so the club could not contest the claim surely. Can one of his monkeys answer this? 

VT has Sam by the bollocks and he knows it. By securing their debt the Malaysians would get majority of the sale of proceeds should the club fold leaving Sam with nothing. He has to take a deal or risk having nothing. He should be grateful that they're offering him anything at all. 

Only at Cardiff City would a set of fans be actively supporting a creditor of the club. I don't think the Pompy fans are saying that Balram Chainrai DESERVES to be paid in full like some on here. Sam is not doing us a favour by accepting less. 

*applause*

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Carl it really is time for you to call time on being Sam's spokesman, just look at the negative replies to your post, and compare it with what reactions you got a few months back, there are more and more people on here seeing through Sam's manipulations and it is making a fool out of you!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Without looking as if i'm having a go at anyone because I'm not!, but this should NOT be a sticky, unless there's is another post counter -acting it called "Why VT shouldn't pay Langston" in they sticky's as well ? just looking for equal measures :?:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Gonzo wrote:Oh dear oh dear. Sams little helpers doing his PR yet again, spinning the same old rubbish.

Sam is the biggest liar of them all as far as I'm concerned. Whilst building up this huge debt he was claiming that it was all his own money!! He loved the club so much that he couldn't stop spending and it was going to bankrupt him - remember that? Just one of many proclamations made by the old fool from sitting on top of a fruit machine in the Cwrt Rawlin. 

How can people defend him then at the same time call VT a liar? There was never any timescale put on the table to deal with SAMs debt. Sam can make as many deadlines as he wants, the club will deal with him in their own time.

If he's so keen to be repaid then why not file court papers today? As we keep being told, the debt is due today so the club could not contest the claim surely. Can one of his monkeys answer this? 

VT has Sam by the bollocks and he knows it. By securing their debt the Malaysians would get majority of the sale of proceeds should the club fold leaving Sam with nothing. He has to take a deal or risk having nothing. He should be grateful that they're offering him anything at all. 

Only at Cardiff City would a set of fans be actively supporting a creditor of the club. I don't think the Pompy fans are saying that Balram Chainrai DESERVES to be paid in full like some on here. Sam is not doing us a favour by accepting less. 

Brilliantly said. The only ones who have said the debt must be paid by the end of the month is Sam not the club. The club have done the right thing and kept this private

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:14 pm

I believe the money or a large chunk of it has already been spent on players... oops!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm

My view is Tan is experimenting with the red thing and wants to see if 1. we manage to get promotion and 2. the red change and the dragon will work as encouragement for TV and/or shirt sales in the far east.

If either or both of the above looks unlikely at the end of the season, then he perhaps won't want to invest anymore and will look to offload and get back as much as he can.

He doesn't want to invest large amounts on SH and he certainly doesn't want to convert his loans to equity while there is uncertainty.

The man has no allegiance with Cardiff, why should he, he doesn't care about the club or the fans, he wants his pound of flesh that's all.

I have a feeling that all is happening at the moment is delaying the inevitable. For Tan it would have been a gamble that didn't pay off, move on to the next one.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Its amazing how things get taken onboard on here, im starting to wonder do people really read everything somebody has posted or is it they glance at a post then put "abuse" to the poster without reading it all or giving it enough time to sink in. We got people in this thread saying carl and others are sams puppets, how dare they slag off VT (show me where hes or anyone is slagging VT off in thsi thread) Its these two men who can resolve this issue is it not or is that bullshit also. If we as fans do not mention there names how else do we talk about it or should we all shut up shop and never talk about whats going on again. The main point here carl mentioned is.......

VT needs to pay langston for VT to convert debt to equity which was a promise?
This is what we all want rite? Is this not true or how else do fans think VT is going to gain full control when hes only got 49% of the club as we speak, please enligten us all with how this will happen then or should people never speak of this again issue or get branded as sams fans along with such things like time to retire as one poster told carl, tell me how else can VT deliver his promises of debt to equity if Langston are not payed, Its a basic post by carl, i understand it 100% im sure theres others who do also, but suddenly he becomes sams nob jockey according to some on here just because he is posted what is needed for us to move on

Are these same people who will be slagging VT off once a promise is broken. This boards getting worse by the day i mean its a basic post to something we all want is it not :roll:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Is the op post not slagging off VT by default, if you are saying pay Sam off and stop messing around, you are basically saying that VT is at fault for not paying Sam, as stated on here it was £10m to walk away, now it's £10m plus £5m, all this bull about the promotion bonus always being there, yes that is in the old agreement which would only be ratified in court, and we all know a court case is never going to happen

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

The reason thousands of us accept the rebranding is for a debt free club not a few seasons in the PL.

Carl , who says we will not be a debt free Club? and was there ever a deadline set by the board when we would become a debt free club?
The way I see it and please correct me if I am wrong is.

VT looks at the overall debt for Langstone and thinks If I turn my equity into shares , then I become the owner of the Club and therefore become liable for the WHOLE of the Langstone Debt.

Well thats not a great idea, so ithink i will offer £10m to settle ,Sam Agrees then Sam sets a deadline of 31/7/2012 for (LANGSTON/SAM) to be paid.
Then Sam decides he no longer wants £10 million , he wants an agreed £10m plus an additional £5 million if we get promoted.

VT in the meantime has the £10 million ready but its no longer enough.
So HE still cant turn his equity into shares as then Sam /Langstone really does have him by the bollox.
Therefore VT thinks bollox to that I will put the payment on hold , and wait for as long as I can to settle or until Sam accepts the £10 million.
In the meantime every one is then debating the rebrand, and the Club being debt free , So Sam thinks that sort of pressure will prevail cos the fans are turning on each other.
PROBLEM is in my humble opinion, Sam has put himself up against SOMEBODY WHO i DONT THINK WILL BACK DOWN!!
Sam has 3 choices as I see it.
1, take the £10 million,
2, Go to Court
or
3, risk VT taking it to the wire and then admin which means Sam gets nothing.
what do you think Carl?

IN the mean , I am anti RED/ anti NEW Badge and anti Rebranding. I am firmly in the KCB Camp .
I am neither Pro SAM or PRO VT.
I AM PRO CARDIFF CITY and like you and everyone else would love this sorry mess to be cleaned up, so we can all move on..

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Obviously Vt should pay Langstone because he is legally bound to and for no other reason.

perhaps the so called forensic accountants that have been the subject of much ridicule from certain sections on here, weren't looking at the loan notes signed by CCFC directors, but how the Langstone Hedge Fund is actually set up and who ultimately owns it Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Obviously Vt should pay Langstone because he is legally bound to and for no other reason.

perhaps the so called forensic accountants that have been the subject of much ridicule from certain sections on here, weren't looking at the loan notes signed by CCFC directors, but how the Langstone Hedge Fund is actually set up and who ultimately owns it Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

VT is legally bound to pay Sam/Langston???

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Obviously Vt should pay Langstone because he is legally bound to and for no other reason.

VT is legally bound to pay Sam/Langston???

Sorry came out out wrong the only reason he should pay is because ........

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

:lol:
Seanccfc wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:VT didn't get to be a billionaire by accident. If he hasn't paid off Langstone yet then you can bet he knows what he's doing and thinks there is an advantage for him AND THE CLUB.

The financial dealings of any multi-million pound company are always complex, and I suspect the dealings of a football club are even more so.

Let's show some patience before we use the word "liar" used against our financial backers.

As an aside, my personal feeling is that no-one gets to be a billionaire without being economical with the truth from time to time.

Let's be patient and try to concentrate on the football.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A fait veiw but I think the 3 words I have put in capitals need removing. We just have to hope that what will benefit Tan will also benefit the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

how is vt legally bound he only owns 49 % maybe all the other share holders should pay ?????????????????? whos got shares on this board come on get your wallets out :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Obviously the only reason Vt should have to pay Langstone is IF he is legally bound to, and for no other reason other than that.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Please can we ban anything to do with Sam he is not liked by many tried to screw the club and all he is trying to do is get some support NO CHANCE.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:56 pm

birchblue wrote:Please can we ban anything to do with Sam he is not liked by many tried to screw the club and all he is trying to do is get some support NO CHANCE.

shall we call him pete then instead :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
birchblue wrote:Please can we ban anything to do with Sam he is not liked by many tried to screw the club and all he is trying to do is get some support NO CHANCE.

shall we call him pete then instead :ayatollah:

Jermaine :D

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:21 pm

how do you become a debt free club by paying off sam hamman? surely you are still heavily in debt to your owner and will continue to be so until you hit the big time in the premier league and then some. nobody in football is "debt free", somebody always owes somebody something.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:how do you become a debt free club by paying off sam hamman? surely you are still heavily in debt to your owner and will continue to be so until you hit the big time in the premier league and then some. nobody in football is "debt free", somebody always owes somebody something.

You become debt free when your club doesn't owe any financial institution's any cash.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:You on commission Carl ?

He must be ;) :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

20% of naff all wont make carl a wealthy man though jinks :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

steve davies wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Got to be on something to be so blind that hes being used :(

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:41 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

how is vt legally bound he only owns 49 % maybe all the other share holders should pay ?????????????????? whos got shares on this board come on get your wallets out :lol:

:lol: I have Wez - but I wouldn't give Scam the skin off my shit. He'd die before he got a penny from me :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:46 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

:lol: I have Wez - but I wouldn't give Scam the skin off my shit. He'd die before he got a penny from me :ayatollah:

good on you dont blame anyone even vt i hope he gets f**k all and we drip feed him peanuts fot years :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm

i trust this ends all arguments about it being 10 million no mention of a promtion bonus by sam here

Former Cardiff City chief Sam Hammam during his time at the clubSam Hammam has confirmed he would accept £10m from Cardiff City to clear the Langston loan notes, but says: “I want everything agreed by the end of July.”

The former Bluebirds owner has spoken for the first time after City revealed their Malaysian investors Vincent Tan and chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee have made three offers to settle the Langston debt.

Hammam, though, says none of those offers on the table are acceptable. He has turned down £8m payable within 30 days; £10m with £3m payable straight away and the rest at the end of the 2012-13 season; or £13m, with £8m payable this year plus an extra £5m if Cardiff City are promoted to the Premiership.

Businessman Hammam, speaking from the Lebanon, claims:

n CARDIFF City have so far made six different offers – and the most recent three were only made a week ago;

n NONE of the three are acceptable, but Langston will take £10m and wants a deal done by the end of this month;

n VINCENT Tan is the right man to lead City forward, Hammam saying he is a dollar billionaire and has the resources to achieve Premier League aims;

n HE is upset by the rebranding from blue to red – and one day the Bluebirds will revert.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z22KJGBzfr

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

The reason thousands of us accept the rebranding is for a debt free club not a few seasons in the PL.

Judgement call here Carl. Sorry, but I feel the need to be blunt.

You were not part of the famed 'inner circle' of a few years ago (you have
said so yourself)

So your 'relationship' with Sam is a relatively recent one.

Fair enough.

But we all know Sam doesnt live in the UK no more. How have you got to know
this man SO WELL over a short period of time when i'd imagine you've not spent
a great deal of time in his company?

What I'm getting to is... how can you put your hand on heart and say you believe
everything a man you barely know says?

I'm seriously baffled as to how you can believe everything he's telling you?

You sure your not just a little bit starstruck? Its understandable. He's an
imposing presence. But given his history right here at Cardiff City....

surely you MUST have some niggling doubts?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Judgement call here Carl. Sorry, but I feel the need to be blunt.

You were not part of the famed 'inner circle' of a few years ago (you have
said so yourself)

So your 'relationship' with Sam is a relatively recent one.

Fair enough.

But we all know Sam doesnt live in the UK no more. How have you got to know
this man SO WELL over a short period of time when i'd imagine you've not spent
a great deal of time in his company?

What I'm getting to is... how can you put your hand on heart and say you believe
everything a man you barely know says?

I'm seriously baffled as to how you can believe everything he's telling you?

You sure your not just a little bit starstruck? Its understandable. He's an
imposing presence. But given his history right here at Cardiff City....

surely you MUST have some niggling doubts?

You wont get a reply

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 pm

You cant tell me that people don't expect the PL Carl I think some people do think that mate more than you think.I just love Cardiff City and what it represents and there is a strong argument that to change to Red for a suppose debt free club is a good one.

I just cant change what I love its important to me and no money can buy it thats why I will be supporting the club on the pitch and off it i,m in the blue camp.

Lots now expect PL mate

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

steve davies wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: