Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY VT SHOULD PAY LANGSTON

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

The reason thousands of us accept the rebranding is for a debt free club not a few seasons in the PL.

Re: WHY VT SHOULD PAY LANGSTON

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:28 am

Yep that was the belief we all soaked up and the biggest factor in all of this to an outcome all fans want in return for this rebrand , so carl whats going on then :lol: or are we being sold down the river :?:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

carlccfc wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

The reason thousands of us accept the rebranding is for a debt free club not a few seasons in the PL.

People do change their minds and promises do get broken.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 am

if he has already budgeted for it, then why wait to pay it... surely its the best for all to conclude this deal sooner rather than later...

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if he has already budgeted for it, then why wait to pay it... surely its the best for all to conclude this deal sooner rather than later...

There lies (excuses the pun) the answers :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

One things for certain, VT needs to act quickly to get the fans onside, he's already fucked around with the club enough to cause divide and discontent.......

Mr Tan we've forcefully accepted your re branding - Now it's your turn to show us some commitment!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if he has already budgeted for it, then why wait to pay it... surely its the best for all to conclude this deal sooner rather than later...

If you put yourself in VT's shoes though, why rush?
Perhaps he knows he can get away with paying less?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

f**k me Steve. How much more less than £20m less does he want?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 am

We will never have a debt free club, we will always be in debt to someone. There is no such thing as a debt free club in football these days. If you want to be successful in championship or prem someone has to pay for it somehow, if you don't spend and are in div 1 or 2 you struggle for income

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:42 am

That is the only reason i'm happy to go along with the rebrand, is for a debt free club that can sustain a future without threat of adminastration or worse liquadation.

Yes I want to stay blue but this argument has gone on long enough, can't people just wait and see what happens over the coming season and enjoy the rollarcoaster of being a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

then why budget 10 mil for this??

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 am

Merlin wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

f**k me Steve. How much more less than £20m less does he want?

Point taken and understood Merlin, but I have never dealt in Millions of pounds and run a football club, that no doubt has
a shed full of advisers/accountants/solicitors.
We can all shout as loud as we like, but we don't know what's really going on?
We are all just fans who want the deal done ASAP. Me included.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 am

carlccfc wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

Oh come on, in reality he's already lied to us fans about playing in blue this season.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 am

After the Insults he has had to withstand I wonder is he having second thoughts about the whole thing, having put all the money in (alleged) £40 million perhaps enough is enough vision no more.If he does walk he will get a large chunk back and even possibly right losses off against profits in his other portfolios, depends how he set up the loan. Major point is only Vincent Tan knows his intentions, not wise to make judgement when you have know idea what it is. Hammans side is just one side of the coin.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

If i was Tan I would not pay Sam right now....2016 is when the monies are due....then I would go to court and postpone and postpone and postpone and make Sam jump through hoops until he squirms his little greedy arse off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 am

then VT would be a liar

dont know how to break this to you but, umm....

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 am

Fans need to be patient hopefully it will happen but these things take time..
You say VT would be a liar but the man ( sam ) you stick up for never lied to us or changed his promises??
Bit hypocritical there..

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 am

jinks-rct wrote:

Fans need to be patient hopefully it will happen but these things take time..
You say VT would be a liar but the man ( sam ) you stick up for never lied to us or changed his promises??
Bit hypocritical there..

Spot on Jinks !!

"The reason thousands of us accept the rebranding is for a debt" ye right Carl !!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

Oh dear oh dear. Sams little helpers doing his PR yet again, spinning the same old rubbish.

Sam is the biggest liar of them all as far as I'm concerned. Whilst building up this huge debt he was claiming that it was all his own money!! He loved the club so much that he couldn't stop spending and it was going to bankrupt him - remember that? Just one of many proclamations made by the old fool from sitting on top of a fruit machine in the Cwrt Rawlin. 

How can people defend him then at the same time call VT a liar? There was never any timescale put on the table to deal with SAMs debt. Sam can make as many deadlines as he wants, the club will deal with him in their own time.

If he's so keen to be repaid then why not file court papers today? As we keep being told, the debt is due today so the club could not contest the claim surely. Can one of his monkeys answer this? 

VT has Sam by the bollocks and he knows it. By securing their debt the Malaysians would get majority of the sale of proceeds should the club fold leaving Sam with nothing. He has to take a deal or risk having nothing. He should be grateful that they're offering him anything at all. 

Only at Cardiff City would a set of fans be actively supporting a creditor of the club. I don't think the Pompy fans are saying that Balram Chainrai DESERVES to be paid in full like some on here. Sam is not doing us a favour by accepting less. 

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am

Gonzo wrote:Oh dear oh dear. Sams little helpers doing his PR yet again, spinning the same old rubbish.

Sam is the biggest liar of them all as far as I'm concerned. Whilst building up this huge debt he was claiming that it was all his own money!! He loved the club so much that he couldn't stop spending and it was going to bankrupt him - remember that? Just one of many proclamations made by the old fool from sitting on top of a fruit machine in the Cwrt Rawlin. 

How can people defend him then at the same time call VT a liar? There was never any timescale put on the table to deal with SAMs debt. Sam can make as many deadlines as he wants, the club will deal with him in their own time.

If he's so keen to be repaid then why not file court papers today? As we keep being told, the debt is due today so the club could not contest the claim surely. Can one of his monkeys answer this? 

VT has Sam by the bollocks and he knows it. By securing their debt the Malaysians would get majority of the sale of proceeds should the club fold leaving Sam with nothing. He has to take a deal or risk having nothing. He should be grateful that they're offering him anything at all. 

Only at Cardiff City would a set of fans be actively supporting a creditor of the club. I don't think the Pompy fans are saying that Balram Chainrai DESERVES to be paid in full like some on here. Sam is not doing us a favour by accepting less. 

Jesus Gonzo,how dare you post an alternative balanced view. :lol:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 am

VT didn't get to be a billionaire by accident. If he hasn't paid off Langstone yet then you can bet he knows what he's doing and thinks there is an advantage for him and the club.

The financial dealings of any multi-million pound company are always complex, and I suspect the dealings of a football club are even more so.

Let's show some patience before we use the word "liar" used against our financial backers.

As an aside, my personal feeling is that no-one gets to be a billionaire without being economical with the truth from time to time.

Let's be patient and try to concentrate on the football.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

Carl
there is nothing any of us can do now other than sit back and let events take their course. Its also no good people having a go at other fans about being pro sam or pro tan etc.
The time has come for us to just sit back and see what the season brings as there is nothing we can do to influence the malaysians regarding the rebranding until the back end of the season where hopefully a bit of common sense will prevail certainly regarding the badge which would at least be a step in the right direction.
At the end of the day regardless of colour every fan should work towards supporting malky and the players in getting us promotion to the premier league.
In my opinion that is the only way we would get sold on and return to our original colours.
remember other people have made these decisions so fans who have stood together following the club through the darkest days should not fall out with each other over the colour of a shirt and certainly not over what sam or vt are going to do or not do regarding the debt situation

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am

Good move Carl,Put the pressure on the Malaysians over this debt not being paid, no mention of the fact it was Sam.. sorry Langstone that set this deadline to be paid. No mention of the fact that Sam would walk away with just £10 million as was quoted by numerous people, even Annis himself was quoted as saying that Sam would happily walk away with that figure in his bank account, and yet we find ourselves with an added £5 million on top just for good measure. Therefore it is Sam who has moved the goal posts this time but lets not let the facts get in the way shall we? :roll:

Your continued attempts to portray Sam Hammam as the victim in this whole charade is quite frankly reaching a new level of embarrassment, you may have your few "pro-Hammam" supporters on this board who you can preach the good message too but to the vast majority it's starting to wear thin.

You can dress a Duck to impersonate a Turkey but it will always be a Duck on the inside, the vast majority of people on this board can see straight through Hammam for the swindling crook that he is !!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 am

brick1964 wrote:If i was Tan I would not pay Sam right now....2016 is when the monies are due....then I would go to court and postpone and postpone and postpone and make Sam jump through hoops until he squirms his little greedy arse off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 am

I suppose he may be thinking --im only here for a few years so ill stall on the deal and let some other flucker pay it.
THzat s what i would do bu then i wouldnt hav epromised to pay it off--

If we are in the Prem then teh debt will not be such a big deal--as a ratio of debt to turnover

But whatever way the debt will devalue teh club when he comes to sell it--hes made a promise so might as well pay up and sotr it out now before his cred goes down eth pan.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 am

Gonzo wrote:Oh dear oh dear. Sams little helpers doing his PR yet again, spinning the same old rubbish.

^^^^^^^^this

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:36 am

It beggars belief the propaganda from the "Samettes" on here.

They want to encourage our club to over pay a debt that is ridiculously more than the sum originally "invested" by Sam sorry langstone, it is langstone is it not, they were the wronged party that were going to take us to court, sorry i get confused because Sam loves the club !!!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 pm

bluebird58 wrote:VT didn't get to be a billionaire by accident. If he hasn't paid off Langstone yet then you can bet he knows what he's doing and thinks there is an advantage for him AND THE CLUB.

The financial dealings of any multi-million pound company are always complex, and I suspect the dealings of a football club are even more so.

Let's show some patience before we use the word "liar" used against our financial backers.

As an aside, my personal feeling is that no-one gets to be a billionaire without being economical with the truth from time to time.

Let's be patient and try to concentrate on the football.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A fait veiw but I think the 3 words I have put in capitals need removing. We just have to hope that what will benefit Tan will also benefit the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Hurrah commen sense and logic does prevail, I totally agree with you mate, far too many people with their own agendas on this forum

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 pm

You on commission Carl ?