Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnshaw/Gerrard and Keinan

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Malky needs to get rid of these players before he can replace them, that is what I am told and I believe anyway.

Re: Earnshaw/Gerrard and Keinan

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Makes sense and that's the feeling I get from the interviews as well.

All decent championship players but I'm guessing they are on silly wages for the quality they have.

I'd be happy to lose both Keinan and Gerrard and just bring in one CB of good quality.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Malky needs to get rid of these players before he can replace them, that is what I am told and I believe anyway.

But we already got rid of 5-6players didnt we who was either sat in the stands or out onloan last season that have left on frees or out of contracts :?: so surely theres money there for more as we only got four players in :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:18 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Malky needs to get rid of these players before he can replace them, that is what I am told and I believe anyway.

But we already got rid of 5-6players didnt we who was either sat in the stands or out onloan last season that have left on frees or out of contracts :?: so surely theres money there for more as we only got four players in :ayatollah:

But we are going to have to bring in a fullback to cover naylor and Quinn anyway.

Seems wasteful to have 4 current CB's + a new signing and Darcy who can play CB.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Why did MM turn down an offer for Gerrard then, if he was one that was gonna go??

Unless the price wasnt right

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm

What does this mean for the Bellamy deal and there is talk of a move for a striker?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 pm

I've thought this for a long time, simple case of economical financial management.

MM has a budget to work on this season simple, this includes the current establishment.

If he wants new players, then old ones need to be taken off the wage bill to accommodate.

I don't expect many "new" players in by the end of August.

As for CB, if he does come back then i think this would be financed "outside" of this said budget.

Just my opinion.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm

if we let earnshaw go aswell, then we will need 2 or possibly 3 strikers... gerrard and keinan not bothered about...

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Downendblue wrote:What does this mean for the Bellamy deal and there is talk of a move for a striker?

Probably those signings are already factored into the budget. If MM wants more players after that then he has to off load first, which is quite right IMO.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 pm

would keep Earnie, never had a proper chance imo

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Hofmeister wrote:would keep Earnie, never had a proper chance imo

Actually there is a case for keeping all 3 and giving them a proper chance.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 pm

dont understand what he's got against keinan to be honest i thought he looked decent saturday and would do a job if hudson or turner were injured

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:would keep Earnie, never had a proper chance imo

Actually there is a case for keeping all 3 and giving them a proper chance.

Surely they have a chance everyday in training?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe not on that order though maybe if he gets the players he wants they will than have to go......

It would make sense, if he doesn't rate them get in players thT he does and will get a game....

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Maybe why they are looking for a loan defender? They know they can find a loan club for Keinan and Gerrard so it won't effect the wage bill?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Why did he take earnie to Switzerland then and say he would get a chance this season?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't think we can expect to see Earnie leaving this season. Malky took him to Switzerland, said he has a future here, and started him in the last 2 friendlies. He also just scored... A header! :shock:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Why did he take earnie to Switzerland then and say he would get a chance this season?

He also took Nat Jarvis to Switzerland, lack of strikers and taking a look at both?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 pm

That dont make sense? Why were we going for keogh then and why are we interested in maynard and the premiership defender on loan? Or is the new players part of the budget and completely differant story to gerrard keinan and earnie going?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

"Obviously getting Bo in in the last day or so has been a great one for us as well," Mackay said.
"I'd certainly like to get another two or three players in if we can do that."

"I don't intend selling any of my players. I've spoken to my owner and he's made it clear he wants us to build, he wants the structure of the club to go from strength to strength," Mackay said.
"We're hoping to do that, we've got plans now for a new training facility for the football club that'll be here for the next 20 years going forward."

Hmm

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Earnie did well tonight, took his header well but probably should have had another one :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

yeah thats sounds fair to me. none are up to this level.and looking towards prem football :roll:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that you understand that if Malky doesn't shift Earnie, DK and AG there will be no Bellamy, no Maynard (or whichever striker we are after) and no defender? If that's the case there will be no top 2 finish. Can't see the point of spending millions on Mutch, Kimbo and Velikonja if we don't finish the job. It will be more money down the drain. Apologies if I've misunderstood. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 am

I read it as if MM wants a backup defender than get rid of Gerrard or Keinan or use them as backup. If he wants a backup striker get rid of Earnie or use him as backup striker

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 am

neeball wrote:I read it as if MM wants a backup defender than get rid of Gerrard or Keinan or use them as backup. If he wants a backup striker get rid of Earnie or use him as backup striker

That's spot on and is the truth.

Millwall are now talking to Gerrard, fingers crossed.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
neeball wrote:I read it as if MM wants a backup defender than get rid of Gerrard or Keinan or use them as backup. If he wants a backup striker get rid of Earnie or use him as backup striker

That clears that up then, so he can only replace them squad players when they leave which is pretty locical... so he is still in the hunt for the 2-3 first team players he said he wants to add to the quality of the squad?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Does this apply to the Bellamy situation? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

Earnie looked good last night :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

Keep Earnie!!
He got something to offer us still

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am

personally would get rid Gerrard but keep both the others.IMO we would only then need to sign one more defender for cover and bellemy of course. :D