Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Gwyn

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

One of the obstacles preventing you currently giving support to the campaign against the rebranding was that Sam did not want protests now but did not mind us giving the Malaysians what for at a later date. At that time you went on record by fully supporting this view. Since then you have also stated that if VT did not live up to his promises then you would be prepared to protest.
If the Langston deal is not concluded and protests could no longer affect its outcome, then would you consider coming over to the dark side at an earlier date ? :ayatollah:

Re: FAO Gwyn

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:29 am

Where has gwyn gone anyway not seen him on here for a while, i think in a few months time if the debt/equity is not sorted then you will get ALL fans on the darkside as you put it, Tbh i dont think there is any sides but its deemed as being on a side because one side are worrying more about what might happen as an outcome vs the rebrand than others which is what the split is all about, Eitherway sooner or later it will all come out in the wash for the better or worse to our club and the truth will come with that in some shape or form.
:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Where has gwyn gone anyway not seen him on here for a while, i think in a few months time if the debt/equity is not sorted then you will get ALL fans on the darkside as you put it, Tbh i dont think there is any sides but its deemed as being on a side because one side are worrying more about what might happen as an outcome vs the rebrand than others which is what the split is all about, Eitherway sooner or later it will all come out in the wash for the better or worse to our club and the truth will come with that in some shape or form.
:ayatollah:

I just wondered what the stance would be if all of a sudden it was in Sam's best interest for us to protest now. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 am

The debt to equity thing will take years to fully complete. Even if the initial £40m worth of debt was converted now, VT would still have to lend money to cover revenue shortfalls and construction costs for the training ground/stadium expansion which would then be converted later.

So there might be several debt to equity swaps or one big one when everything is completed. Either way it is going to take years.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

ive noticed when he gets a bit of a hammering for his opinions ie the meeting and abusing people .he seems to go into hiding and then at best puts one of his shit jokes on here totally going off topic.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm

d20 wrote:ive noticed when he gets a bit of a hammering for his opinions ie the meeting and abusing people .he seems to go into hiding and then at best puts one of his shit jokes on here totally going off topic.

He also did not come out and distance himself from the intimidatory behavior from those who disrupted the KCB meeting.No doubt he will eventually join in the campaign against the rebrand whem Sam tells him to do so. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:42 pm

and we can only protest 'when' and 'if' Gwyn says its ok too. :lol:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm

smackcentral wrote:and we can only protest 'when' and 'if' Gwyn says its ok too. :lol:

The KCB meeting did try and organise a protest meeting but Gwyn and the group that was present stopped them. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 pm

I know, I was there.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:07 pm

d20 wrote:ive noticed when he gets a bit of a hammering for his opinions ie the meeting and abusing people .he seems to go into hiding and then at best puts one of his shit jokes on here totally going off topic.

I must be the only one on here who dos'nt mind gwyns jokes. Its the lectures that gets my goat.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:One of the obstacles preventing you currently giving support to the campaign against the rebranding was that Sam did not want protests now but did not mind us giving the Malaysians what for at a later date. At that time you went on record by fully supporting this view. Since then you have also stated that if VT did not live up to his promises then you would be prepared to protest.
If the Langston deal is not concluded and protests could no longer affect its outcome, then would you consider coming over to the dark side at an earlier date ? :ayatollah:

Apologies for lack of posts, we have made a weeks holiday of it and caravanning (pikey) in the Cotswolds, that way we are central and get to see all the friendlies, this is something I have done for many years and used to love our Scotiish and Portugal tours, but hey the Cotswolds ain't that bad. One bad thing though is the signal, and my phone and net is not at its best shall we say.

Back to the post, you reckon that the only reason I do not support the protesting is because Sam told me not too 8-) , look back and you will see as soon as the news broke and the very first meeting I and others attended, i was dead against driving VT away by protesting and risking us losing the investment, same then as it is now and this was two days before Sam new anything about some of the fans reaction even though it was only a minority, of course he wanted VT to invest, if you were in Sam's position, wouldn't you want it as well, and as a fan, also why wouldn't you want it?

I have been consistent all along in saying the time to protest is not now before he invests, what would that achieve? he's turned us to red, should we give him the excuse and reason to not invest now and we are still stuck with red, don't make sense to me.

What I said from the start and still stand by, is if VT does shaft us, and I don't think that he will, then we should protest and give him both barrels. If on the other hand he invests as he has said he will, then we should thank him for his support and work with him to try and negotiate changes that the fans want, but which are acceptable too him.

No confusion on my part, that is the view I have had from day one. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

He also did not come out and distance himself from the intimidatory behavior from those who disrupted the KCB meeting.No doubt he will eventually join in the campaign against the rebrand whem Sam tells him to do so. :ayatollah:

[color=#8040FF]Just seen this one as well now, I think it was better when I had no signal, why would I distance myself from the behavior of those that attended the meeting, whilst not making any threats myself I can understand where a few others came from, Big Sam being called child abuser deserved the threat of being smashed through a wall if they repeated it, and Macca's threat that he would bury anyone who disrupted the team by throwing smoke bombs and fireworks on the pitch was very passionate and only intimidating to someone planning to take part in such unlawful acts, but surely, no Cardiff fan would want to disrupt the players and team and possibly affect our results and performance, so who was threatened, also if anyone had been threatened, don't you think some action by the police would have been taken.

I have read lot's of mentions of threats, but nobody as been specific and said whom was threatened.

And as for joining the campaign, if they do double cross us and we need to protest, then I will do it effectively and be a lot more pro active in my approach, remember some of the key players were suggesting sending a strongly worded letter to Ridsdale whilst the rest of us were mobilising and marching on the stadium.

/color]

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

[color=#8040FF]Just seen this one as well now, I think it was better when I had no signal, why would I distance myself from the behavior of those that attended the meeting, whilst not making any threats myself I can understand where a few others came from, Big Sam being called child abuser deserved the threat of being smashed through a wall if they repeated it, and Macca's threat that he would bury anyone who disrupted the team by throwing smoke bombs and fireworks on the pitch was very passionate and only intimidating to someone planning to take part in such unlawful acts, but surely, no Cardiff fan would want to disrupt the players and team and possibly affect our results and performance, so who was threatened, also if anyone had been threatened, don't you think some action by the police would have been taken.

I have read lot's of mentions of threats, but nobody as been specific and said whom was threatened.

And as for joining the campaign, if they do double cross us and we need to protest, then I will do it effectively and be a lot more pro active in my approach, remember some of the key players were suggesting sending a strongly worded letter to Ridsdale whilst the rest of us were mobilising and marching on the stadium.

/color]

So at what point will you protest? What is your trigger? How long do you give VT?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

/color]

I can't be certain what colour you attempted to change that post to, but can only assume it was red.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 pm

NJ73 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

/color]

I can't be certain what colour you attempted to change that post to, but can only assume it was red.

Keep out of it you swansea c**t

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

/color]

Keep out of it you swansea c**t

No :thumbup: