Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC Olympic Commentors

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am

Haven't a bloody clue!!!! :evil:

The amount of different sports which are being televised for the first time in four years you'd think that they would have someone who knows about the very sport they are talking about!!!! :evil:

Claire Balding has a mounting of notes in front of her because she hasn't a clue about swimming, they even got the guy from the one show on the gymnastics!!! f*cking BBC are a bunch of cunts!!! :evil:

Re: BBC Olympic Commentors

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

I said JUMP, yeah go ahead Jump

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 am

Perhaps you should include BBC in your manifesto, I believe that you can go down in history as one of the greats in politics :book: :protest:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Perhaps you should include BBC in your manifesto, I believe that you can go down in history as one of the greats in politics :book: :protest:

go and get a job you complete waste of space

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am

Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Perhaps you should include BBC in your manifesto, I believe that you can go down in history as one of the greats in politics :book: :protest:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Assumptions, you complete and utter failure.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Assumptions, you complete and utter failure.

how many times have you been elected into public office..? hummmmmmmmmm :lol:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

got to disagree with you a bit mate ...matt baker off the one show was a british champion gymnast so knows his stuff and on the diving yesterday they had leon someone who was the partner of pete waterfield in the last olympics and he was class was telling you everything about the dives and scoring them correctly..some of the other i agree with though.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:33 am

d20 wrote:got to disagree with you a bit mate ...matt baker off the one show was a british champion gymnast so knows his stuff and on the diving yesterday they had leon someone who was the partner of pete waterfield in the last olympics and he was class was telling you everything about the dives and scoring them correctly..some of the other i agree with though.

They just asked Ian Thorpe about equestrian and he was man enough to turn around and say 'I've never watched it before'!!!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 am

agree there ,they always have some dumbass presenter who will ask their guest about other sports ...if thats the case just have past sportsmen there for those sports.....GABBY YORATH IS A KNOB...USELESS.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I dont have your deluded imagination, thank god.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

d20 wrote:agree there ,they always have some dumbass presenter who will ask their guest about other sports ...if thats the case just have past sportsmen there for those sports.....GABBY YORATH IS A KNOB...USELESS.

Gabby Yorath stated before that her father was very close into taking Wales to their first ever World Cup!!! Thats how un-educated on sport she bloody is!!!! :evil:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am

Thought Matt Baker from the one show Yesterday was fantastic. Brought the sport into your front living room with his enthusiasm and kept me interested through out in a sport I know basically nothing about. Plus during the Diving, Leon Taylor got every point spot on and close by, and shared the commentators emotion. So far the BBC have done their research and actually got the Viewers interested in sports they would rarely be interested in. :)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So thats none then. :lol: So until you have a better record then me in this field maybe you should keep your comments to yourself.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 am

Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So thats none then. :lol: So until you have a better record then me in this field maybe you should keep your comments to yourself.

I love the fact that you celebrate your political success, brilliant........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

AfanBluebird wrote:Thought Matt Baker from the one show Yesterday was fantastic. Brought the sport into your front living room with his enthusiasm and kept me interested through out in a sport I know basically nothing about. Plus during the Diving, Leon Taylor got every point spot on and close by, and shared the commentators emotion. So far the BBC have done their research and actually got the Viewers interested in sports they would rarely be interested in. :)

yeah thought they were both good

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 am

I wouldn't say celebrate Richard in fact far from it but I would say its much better than yours.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 am

Angry Man wrote:I wouldn't say celebrate Richard in fact far from it but I would say its much better than yours.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

how many times have you been thrown out of public office..? hummmmmmmmmm :lol:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am

Ian Thorpe is excellent - obviously knows his stuff but also comes across as a really nice bloke.

Inverdale still the most annoying t**t going - can't stand the sycophantic git.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 am

Claire Balding is the worst of them lot, hate her with a passion, almost smashed my tele 8 years ago because of her...

arrogant, unsportsmanlike, chauvinist, ignorant, biased towards one side only... sorry if that sounds harsh ;)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:17 pm

I've loved watching the Olympics since I was a kid, and have been fortunate to watch them while living in four different countries. What a shock to see the coverage in UK, which has been almost entirely "Team GB" focussed, with loads of childish comments, sniping about other teams to a tabloid low standard, and fawning over some very mediocre performances by Team GB. Unlike other countries such as the US, which goes to other countries and does feature biographies on the star players from other countries, you see none of that as the BBC seems to only be interested in local stars.. and even there, only cover them in the most tabloid way. BBC commentator Ian Thorpe, the great Ozzie swimmer, seemed to chastise the BBC by defending fellow great Phelps, saying that nobody should tear down a swimmer with his record after only one bad swim. The BBC sports commentator sitting next to him sourly sniped, "We didn't." Jolly bad show, BBC. I wonder what the international athletes are experiencing in London.

Picked the above quote up on f/book. completely agree with the sentiments.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:50 pm

that's exactly how I experienced the Olympics 8 years ago. I mean of course you want your athletes to win and do well, that's natural and patriotic. But there's a difference to lash out and rubbish other nation's athletes, and "how dare they to take our medals" etc.

Gotta say, here the ARD and ZDF (Channel 1 and 2) cover the Olympics, and they are doing a good job (unlike some privat stations like Sport 1), the commentators are usually good and neutral. Not flawless but overall good. Many infos and features about other nation's top athletes as well (e.g. Tom Daley yesterday), they show all events, especially finals no matter if we participate or not.

Dunno if you followed the fencing yesterday, women's semi final between a south Corean athlete and a German, and ours won it within the last second. There were discussion bout if the time was already up etc and it was heartbreak for the Corean girl, as she lost. Course our side was happy for our athlete, but at the same time we all (incl. the commentators) felt extremely sorry for the Corean. Also stating that we were extremely lucky and that the deceision could have gone the other way...
Dont wanna know what Balding or any of them lot would have made out of this...

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Angry Man wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Oh, a political rivalry? :lol: :boxing: :boxing:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Claire Balding is the worst of them lot, hate her with a passion, almost smashed my tele 8 years ago because of her...

arrogant, unsportsmanlike, chauvinist, ignorant, biased towards one side only... sorry if that sounds harsh ;)

Doesn't sound harsh to me - think you've summed her up to a T.

Also is it my imagination or is Sue Barker looking more and more like Anne Widdicombe but with slightly better teeth?