Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4-3-3

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm starting to think this will be our new formation especially if Bellamy signs.

We know MM likes a narrow midfield so can have three tight but with Beller and Kim having a good work ethic and liking to join up with attack.

Kim from the Switzerland game played left but ASAP moved central and took some great positions.

Re: 4-3-3

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:37 pm

..................Marshall...................

mcnaughton...hudson...turner....taylor

gunnarson........Mutch.......Whittingham

Kimbo.......Mason...........Bellamy

providing we could keep the ball on the bloody floor i think this line up could be leathal at home :ayatollah:

and ofcourse providing kimbo gets his paperwork through {didnt cambell rice go wrong for arsenal after not issuing his work permit after signing for them so they had to loan him out didnt they?!? :shock: :| } and ofcourse providing bellers rumour is true :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm starting to think this will be our new formation especially if Bellamy signs.

We know MM likes a narrow midfield so can have three tight but with Beller and Kim having a good work ethic and liking to join up with attack.

Kim from the Switzerland game played left but ASAP moved central and took some great positions.

Agreed. Would be much more effective at home, just going for it and seeing attacking football. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 am

I agree 4 3 3 would be an exciting prospect.......
But can't help feeling a 4 5 1 will be more the Malky approach.
How do you accommodate Gunnarson Whitts and Kimbo in the centre?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 am

dougblue wrote:I agree 4 3 3 would be an exciting prospect.......
But can't help feeling a 4 5 1 will be more the Malky approach.
How do you accommodate Gunnarson Whitts and Kimbo in the centre?

That's what I mean, I think Kim may play left and move inside from the left, a bit like Cowie but more attacking ability, then witts Mutch and Gunnar in the middle.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am

We have (will if certain players sign) some great options but key to all of them for me is, KEEP THE BALL DOWN. :roll:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 am

timdog80 wrote:..................Marshall...................

gunnarson........Mutch.......Whittingham

Kimbo.......Mason...........Bellamy

providing we could keep the ball on the bloody floor i think this line up could be leathal at home :ayatollah:

and ofcourse providing kimbo gets his paperwork through {didnt cambell rice go wrong for arsenal after not issuing his work permit after signing for them so they had to loan him out didnt they?!? :shock: :| } and ofcourse providing bellers rumour is true :ayatollah:

Yeah thats a fair shout.But what excites me even more is the fact that this season he'll have a bench to make an impact if needed.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

..................Marshall...................

...Mutch/Gunnarson....Whittingham........

Kimbo............Mason.......Bellamy

.................Velikonja..................

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 am

We don't exactly have a loan striker type player at the club though.

Mason is the closest we have

Gestede and Earnshaw can't play on their own and Velikonja has always played with a target man with himin his career.

So if we are going to go this way that mean's he's leaving out 3 current strikers (4 if he brings another one in) Or if he players: Mason, Bellamy and Kim behind a lone striker that he'd have to pick 2 from: Kiss, Gunnarson, Whitts, Mutch, Ralls, McPhail and Cowie (depending on what Cowie's role is this season).

Personally I don't know what he's going to play. 2 Central Midfielder's does seem a bit light though with just Whitts and Gunnarson but you can't see either of them making way either.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 am

think it will be a hard to beat 4-5-1 formation

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 am

Going to be a toughie to choose from, got some quality players in! Still hoping to see Kadeem get a run, hes going to be a top player i think!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 am

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 am

NickPenarth wrote:Image

Fair play,like that too.Mutch and Cowie sharing the work load would work well imo.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:08 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Fair play,like that too.Mutch and Cowie sharing the work load would work well imo.

What, no mason? Mason was outstanding last season imo

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am

This except I think Mutch will be further forward than Whitts and a marquee striker instead of Velo

4-5-1 when we havent got the ball bursting into a quick 4-3-3 when on the attack.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:33 pm

This is my selection;

Bench;
Lewis
Blake
Mystery Defender
Conway
Cowie
Etien
Mason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.