Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WATFORD SHOWING HOW IT'S DONE

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Watford's Italian owners are showing they mean business with a host of new signings and more to come,it shows they want the club to progress and are walking the walk and putting their money where their mouths are(wonder what Malky is thinking),Forest have also made and promised plenty of signings and strangely both clubs have PL ambitions without the need to rebrand,talking of which....... it seems the langstone deal is all but down the swanny(excuse the pun) and with the so called rebrand dependent on a deal being struck it looks like we haven't got Mutch(I know) to look forward to.I think it's time for those people who disrespected and abused the opinions of those who have fought the blue corner to sit back and have a long think about the situation and take a look at these other clubs and how they are going about their business.Sam H wants the deal done but unfortunately more broken promises from the club who stated in the rebrand 10m would be there to clear it.WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED SO MUCH INCLUDING A TOP TWO FINISH YET SO FAR NOTHING HAS BEEN DELIVERED NOT EVEN THE NEW SHIRTS.....HMMMMMMM

OPINIONS PLEASE

Re: WATFORD SHOWING HOW IT'S DONE

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Surely this depends on how they do? And how good the signing are? Signing for signings sake can be a huge hinderence to the club over many years.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm

dazzyt wrote:Watford's Italian owners are showing they mean business with a host of new signings and more to come,it shows they want the club to progress and are walking the walk and putting their money where their mouths are(wonder what Malky is thinking),Forest have also made and promised plenty of signings and strangely both clubs have PL ambitions without the need to rebrand,talking of which....... it seems the langstone deal is all but down the swanny(excuse the pun) and with the so called rebrand dependent on a deal being struck it looks like we haven't got Mutch(I know) to look forward to.I think it's time for those people who disrespected and abused the opinions of those who have fought the blue corner to sit back and have a long think about the situation and take a look at these other clubs and how they are going about their business.Sam H wants the deal done but unfortunately more broken promises from the club who stated in the rebrand 10m would be there to clear it.WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED SO MUCH INCLUDING A TOP TWO FINISH YET SO FAR NOTHING HAS BEEN DELIVERED NOT EVEN THE NEW SHIRTS.....HMMMMMMM

OPINIONS PLEASE

Leicester had loads of new signings last year and were expected to walk the league :shock:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Who have they bought

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Almunia ex arsenal keeper, Fitz hall and 5 others noones heard of :lol: laughable how people think that just because they've signed 7 players they're suddenly challengers .5 players who have never played in english football, a has been keeper and a journey man defender hardly inspiring! I'm very happy to take our time on signing the right players quality not quantity :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 pm

its also easy to sign players 5 of which are from the watford owners other club udinese......

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

We have been promised a top 2 finish :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

gknighty89 wrote:Almunia ex arsenal keeper, Fitz hall and 5 others noones heard of :lol: laughable how people think that just because they've signed 7 players they're suddenly challengers .5 players who have never played in english football, a has been keeper and a journey man defender hardly inspiring! I'm very happy to take our time on signing the right players quality not quantity :ayatollah:

I'll sleep better now :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We have been promised a top 2 finish :roll:

And we'll get it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 pm

lol so, mutch kimbo valenkji (however spell his name) lewis etc came out of thin air? with others reported to becoming like bellamy having been in negotiation with richard keogh etc is not enough?

watford have signed some old players and linked with even older players like inzaghi etc yes still probs quality but old, guess what they are italian by italian owners, we signed kimbo with asian oweners ;)

transfer window aint even shut yet, season aint started plenty time for shirts to bloody come in, maybe its time for the blue corner to stop moaning about the red side if you like to put it that way,

be paitent and see what happens, we dont know all the facts whats going on maybe people who are in the know do but we dont, im more than happy to sit back and ride this massive rollarcoster, maybe in the end of the ride ill be sick maybe i wont ;)

its great you are sticking up to your beilefs well done but we all need to unite as one right about now :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Nobody can promise us a top 2 finish :oops:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:34 pm

dazzyt wrote:Watford's Italian owners are showing they mean business with a host of new signings and more to come,it shows they want the club to progress and are walking the walk and putting their money where their mouths are(wonder what Malky is thinking),Forest have also made and promised plenty of signings and strangely both clubs have PL ambitions without the need to rebrand,talking of which....... it seems the langstone deal is all but down the swanny(excuse the pun) and with the so called rebrand dependent on a deal being struck it looks like we haven't got Mutch(I know) to look forward to.I think it's time for those people who disrespected and abused the opinions of those who have fought the blue corner to sit back and have a long think about the situation and take a look at these other clubs and how they are going about their business.Sam H wants the deal done but unfortunately more broken promises from the club who stated in the rebrand 10m would be there to clear it.WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED SO MUCH INCLUDING A TOP TWO FINISH YET SO FAR NOTHING HAS BEEN DELIVERED NOT EVEN THE NEW SHIRTS.....HMMMMMMM

OPINIONS PLEASE

Who have Watford and Forrest signed then? We have done good business so far this transfer window and it's not over yet lay your judgement when the window is shut

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Did the club not state we were going for top two?,I will dig out the statement for your eyes.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

They have signed run of the mill players, ones that are not going to get them promoted, seems like it's quantity over quality :thumbup:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 pm

dazzyt wrote:

Did the club not state we were going for top two?,I will dig out the statement for your eyes.

Tom Heaton has gone to the Wurzels and said they are aiming for autos :ayatollah: :lol:
Last edited by LutonBluebird on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

dazzyt wrote:

Going for something and promising something are in no way the same but I'm sure you knew that already? :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

dazzyt wrote:

yes club said they were going for top two doesnt mean its gaureented just that they are aiming for it

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 pm

What? A 35 year old keeper, a 31 year old defender, 3 players that were on trial anyhow, a player that didn't make it at wycombe and dropped to non league and a player on loan that was injured for whole of last season only played 2 games for udenise in 2 seasons. Not a penny spent. Imagine if that was our signings??

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 am

Ermmmm how many did we sign last season.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

:lol: Anybody want to swap :roll:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 am

5 of there 7 signings players are loans from Granada and Udinese.......

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19060497

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 am

dazzyt wrote:Watford's Italian owners are showing they mean business with a host of new signings and more to come,it shows they want the club to progress and are walking the walk and putting their money where their mouths are(wonder what Malky is thinking)

Um just an Watford got 5 loan players and two free transfers cardiff have spent upwards of £6million.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

OPINIONS PLEASE

Who promised a top two finish?

If I was a Watford fan I wouldn't be getting to excited, they've signed Almunia who lets face it was a very lucky lad to have been kept on at Arsenal for so long, says it all that Wenger in the end had more trust in Manone and Fabianski. As for Fitz Hall, had one great season at Crystal Palace and that's about it. If we signed either of those players the majority of us would be well pissed off, slamming the club for a lack of ambition.

How the loan signings turn out well thats anybody's guess, if I was a Watford fan though this wouldn't sit easy with me. The new Italian owners have essentially turned Watford into a feeder club for Udinese and Granada.

Given Zola's record in the transfer market also is average at best (anybody remember Savio Nsereko? £9m they paid for him, no goals scored and eventually traded within 12 months for Manuel da Casto, again another shite signing).

Just my opinion but I can see Watford struggling this season (along with Leeds, who I have a sneeky feeling are going to be in a relegation scrap), Watford should never have got rid of Dyche.

We're doing our business just right. In 12 months time all 7 of Watford's signings will either be out of contract or be returning to their parent club, great longterm planning!!!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:44 am

thought it was a thread about watford then quickly realised it was about the fuc.ing red/blue issue again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am

citybluechris wrote:lol so, mutch kimbo valenkji (however spell his name) lewis etc came out of thin air? with others reported to becoming like bellamy having been in negotiation with richard keogh etc is not enough?

watford have signed some old players and linked with even older players like inzaghi etc yes still probs quality but old, guess what they are italian by italian owners, we signed kimbo with asian oweners ;)

transfer window aint even shut yet, season aint started plenty time for shirts to bloody come in, maybe its time for the blue corner to stop moaning about the red side if you like to put it that way,

be paitent and see what happens, we dont know all the facts whats going on maybe people who are in the know do but we dont, im more than happy to sit back and ride this massive rollarcoster, maybe in the end of the ride ill be sick maybe i wont ;)

its great you are sticking up to your beilefs well done but we all need to unite as one right about now :ayatollah:

totally agree lets just enjoy the rollarcoster and see what happens

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:57 am

OPINIONS PLEASE

Mmmm. Too much too soon? The demand of instant success by owners isn't a great policy is it? Delighted that, despite some very poor performances, that MM was allowed a relativity easy first season without many expectations. This allowed us to put some building blocks in place, especially in training, performance monitoring and player development.... these in my opinion are longer term sustainable activities which will benefit the club far greater than a shed full of new faces within a very short period of time.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 am

OPINIONS PLEASE

Sorry Daz,not yet butty.Just how much research have you done into Forest's and Watfords financial setup or are you just quoting the blurb in the media to strengthen your argument.No timetable was quoted to pay Hamman and they are still bringing in players with Tan's money.If I wanted to leave this club screwed then spending more wouldn't be my way of doing it.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:05 am

Give me our signings and squad over both Forests and Watfords any f*cking day.

And you cannot promise automatic promotion. Its our aim but you cannot promise it.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

Watford have signed a shit old goalkeeper, a shit old defender and 5 loan youth players who no one knows how good they are.

Nottm Forest have signed Halford, Collins and Harding which are all good solid defensive options nothing spectacular or expensive.

Then we've signed a talented 20 year old England youth international with a lot of potential, Filip Kiss for a small price of 500k, the best player from Slovenia's league - one that has been previously tipped for success, Joe Lewis another young full player who's already been called up to the England squad and has plenty of potential and Kim Bo-Kyung a midfielder tipped to be the next Ji-Sung Park, chased by top European clubs and looks an exciting player already from the Olympics. In total we've spent around £6m and we could potentially have Bellamy, a striker for a few million (Maynard or an alternative I guess) and another defender.

Yet people still complain...