Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE WERE EAGER TO SIGN A CB and other players. but now ?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 pm

all of a sudden, ''calmness at the club'' not a whisper in the papers

as song goes ... it's beginning to feel alot like christmas , :old: of last season

or was it look like christmas?

anyway who cares... the bottom line is, We haven't had strong movement just excuses ,

kimbo is a fantastic signing but you cant help feel we need to surround him with more quality to capitalise on his ability

Re: WE WERE EAGER TO SIGN A CB and other players. but now ?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Yet another thread of impatience

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:30 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:all of a sudden, ''calmness at the club'' not a whisper in the papers

as song goes ... it's beginning to feel alot like christmas , :old: of last season

anyway who cares... the bottom line is, We haven't had strong movement just excuses ,

kimbo is a fantastic signing but you cant help feel we need to surround him with more quality to capitalise on his ability

didnt hear of mutch and velikonja untill it happend :ayatollah: be patient

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm

It's times like these when I believe Malky is working his hardest.

What's the point in speculation in papers if we don't end up signing them?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Yet another thread of impatience

not impatient just concerned,

I bet you was one of the carry on dreaming brigade in january were going to sign 3 or 4 players in january loan players the lot, then everything falls through ,
step up kadeem harris, two substitute bench apearances the whole season

not being negative but lets push things into perspective, we'ere playing a dangerous game goin to the wire

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 pm

sloper_road_legend dont class it as being negative just prepare yourself for the "we tryed" trick again due to hit the media sooner or later, everybody knows we need another 3-4 players if we want promotion even the manager has said he needs 7-8 new faces to push on just like last season and the owners want promotion but we are only told this as fans we judge it on are squad which rite now is top half ish finish at best, so all the media spin from the club really cuts no ice with me untill i see it in the squad where it counts, but i bought have some patience talk before and it got us nowhere last jan which was are downfall after that because we was short on 3-4 new faces everybody knew this who watched the team on a reg basis :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I would actually rather hear about it when they are signed than have rumours that come to nothing.Have patience and MM will deliver :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

BOWMAN wrote:I would actually rather hear about it when they are signed than have rumours that come to nothing.Have patience and MM will deliver :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

The less in the papers the better, Mutch and the striker bloke came from nowhere and that's how it should be.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

All the signings this season have been on the low down, Im sure they are doing what they can.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:31 am

I'm glad nothing is getting leaked, we went for Sordell it got leaked Bolton hijacked, we went for Jay it got leaked Southampton hijacked, same with sigurdsson. I'm quite happy to just wait and see what's happening and for people who say we need more signings i agree but remember we have signed Mutch, Lewis, Vek, Kiss, Kimbo. Remeber all of these are our players and not loans I hope Malky has got some loan deals as well which obviously won't be confirmed until the premier league clubs decide who they want to loan out.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 am

hywel wrote:It's times like these when I believe Malky is working his hardest.

What's the point in speculation in papers if we don't end up signing them?

Agree.

Much bigger clubs than us with "no activity"

Means nothing, ain't our fans learnt anything from previous Malky deals?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:all of a sudden, ''calmness at the club'' not a whisper in the papers

Noise coming out of the club is they are really pissed off with the media and the papers.
The information they are printing is inaccurate , to the point they are thinking about banning them from certain meetings.
Anyway, it won't be quiet tomorrow, new announcements coming out about 1, maybe 2, players signing
You heard it here first.
Hope it is all worth the wait and the hype
:ugeek:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Media Wales have always been a joke, read things on here then on the media Wales site about 4 days later.

I can't remember the last time they had "breaking news" on anything. They get a few quotes from a player and do about 4 different article with different headlines but same quotes just to fill pages.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 pm

So with Kenny Miller gone, Rudy possibly awaiting another operation and Earnie out of favour/not good enough(delete as applicable)the conspiracy theorists naturally assume Malky hasn't got a pot to piss in anymore. He's already brought in a decent keeper, two quality midfielders and a highly rated young forward. Either Malky is part of the great Malaysian scam and lied through his teeth the other day about looking to sign 2-3 more players, or he is incredibly telling some kind of truth and he is hoping to add to the squad. Some Cardiff fans aren't happy unless they're f*cking moaning. Apart from the people we've brought in, what about the talent we've kept from Ben Turner to Peter Whittingham and Aron Gunnarson. It wasn't THAT long ago when it wasn't just we never brought anyone in, we were also a selling club and you couldn't pick up a newspaper without some agent making sure one of our players was getting touted somewhere. Another 2-3 wise additions to add to our play off challenging squad from last season and we'll be amongst the front runners again. Keep the faith n'all that

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:14 pm

CityGent wrote:So with Kenny Miller gone, Rudy possibly awaiting another operation and Earnie out of favour/not good enough(delete as applicable)the conspiracy theorists naturally assume Malky hasn't got a pot to piss in anymore. He's already brought in a decent keeper, two quality midfielders and a highly rated young forward. Either Malky is part of the great Malaysian scam and lied through his teeth the other day about looking to sign 2-3 more players, or he is incredibly telling some kind of truth and he is hoping to add to the squad. Some Cardiff fans aren't happy unless they're f*cking moaning. Apart from the people we've brought in, what about the talent we've kept from Ben Turner to Peter Whittingham and Aron Gunnarson. It wasn't THAT long ago when it wasn't just we never brought anyone in, we were also a selling club and you couldn't pick up a newspaper without some agent making sure one of our players was getting touted somewhere. Another 2-3 wise additions to add to our play off challenging squad from last season and we'll be amongst the front runners again. Keep the faith n'all that

Spot on with that post mate there are some right apple women on this board only happy if their moaning

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:46 pm

CityGent wrote:So with Kenny Miller gone, Rudy possibly awaiting another operation and Earnie out of favour/not good enough(delete as applicable)the conspiracy theorists naturally assume Malky hasn't got a pot to piss in anymore. He's already brought in a decent keeper, two quality midfielders and a highly rated young forward. Either Malky is part of the great Malaysian scam and lied through his teeth the other day about looking to sign 2-3 more players, or he is incredibly telling some kind of truth and he is hoping to add to the squad. Some Cardiff fans aren't happy unless they're f*cking moaning. Apart from the people we've brought in, what about the talent we've kept from Ben Turner to Peter Whittingham and Aron Gunnarson. It wasn't THAT long ago when it wasn't just we never brought anyone in, we were also a selling club and you couldn't pick up a newspaper without some agent making sure one of our players was getting touted somewhere. Another 2-3 wise additions to add to our play off challenging squad from last season and we'll be amongst the front runners again. Keep the faith n'all that

Hi Citygent,
As you state Rudy out, Earnie not good enough along with D'arcy on his way as you said the other day and gerrard and keinen apparently out of favour too...........Do you think 2 or 3 will even be enough if all these are moved on/or not in his plans? ........Unless Malky changes his mind regarding D'arcy and Gerrard i see us as being light at the back and up front if we only manage to relace with only 2 or maybe 3 more as we were already lacking depth/competition for places at the back last year??

Not trying to be negative at all but 3 of these players were heavily involved in the squad last year and i personally hope darcy stays maybe even gerrard if we cant get a replacement.

Regards
Tim :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:48 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Yet another thread of impatience

This.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 pm

timdog80 wrote:

Hi Citygent,
As you state Rudy out, Earnie not good enough along with D'arcy on his way as you said the other day and gerrard and keinen apparently out of favour too...........Do you think 2 or 3 will even be enough if all these are moved on/or not in his plans? ........Unless Malky changes his mind regarding D'arcy and Gerrard i see us as being light at the back and up front if we only manage to relace with only 2 or maybe 3 more as we were already lacking depth/competition for places at the back last year??

Not trying to be negative at all but 3 of these players were heavily involved in the squad last year and i personally hope darcy stays maybe even gerrard if we cant get a replacement.

Regards

Good point Tim. It'll be nice if Darcy can turn things around like we know he's capable of, but without tittle tattling for the sake of it i'm not sure if he wants it badly enough anymore. As you say, with those three you mentioned out of favour we will be desperate for adequate defensive cover. Hopefully there'll be movement soon enough. I'm not unduly stressed about it yet though and Malky knows what he's doing. To be continued!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:12 pm

CityGent wrote:
timdog80 wrote:

Hi Citygent,

Regards

Good point Tim. It'll be nice if Darcy can turn things around like we know he's capable of, but without tittle tattling for the sake of it i'm not sure if he wants it badly enough anymore. As you say, with those three you mentioned out of favour we will be desperate for adequate defensive cover. Hopefully there'll be movement soon enough. I'm not unduly stressed about it yet though and Malky knows what he's doing. To be continued!

:lol: I was pleased you added that last bit "Malky knows what he's doing" because i think so also and i am sure he will address it accordingly ;)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:09 pm

CityGent wrote:
timdog80 wrote:

Hi Citygent,

Regards

Hi Citygent,
As you state malky knows what he's doing and im sure he does but the simple facts of numbers and cover in positions just wont add up if supposed players go ;) :ayatollah:

i hope darcy does prove himself or "want it" bad enough to prove himself even as frustrated as he may be as he's a great player to have in the squad! :ayatollah:

Already 1 or 2 short of cover/depth last season to then let D'arcy, Gerrard and Keinan go or not be prepared to use them...........Now try and replace them AND add depth/cover that we lacked last year along with the new Goal scorer we badly need and the number 2 to 3 more signing simply wont cover it no matter what his plans are unless he holds onto 1 or 2 defenders :? :lol:

Best regard

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi citygent,

I think this clears up my line of thinking :ayatollah: ........
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87771