Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY TO "RE-OPEN" CCS AFTER AMID RE-BRANDING ROW

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:29 pm

CARDIFF City has announced it will officially reopen its three-year-old stadium as part of a celebration of its history and to “showcase the present”.

The club has endured a turbulent summer since details of controversial plans to switch the Bluebirds traditional blue playing colours to red for the 2012/13 season were leaked to supporters.

As part of those plans, the club announced Cardiff Blues, who rented the Cardiff City Stadium for matchdays, had been released from a long-term lease at the end of last season, enabling the region to return to Cardiff Arms Park.

And today the Bluebirds revealed details of a gala event, named #ILovetheCity2012, to officially reopen their home with a special evening of entertainment, including live music, a fun fair and hog roast – all a week before the beginning of the Championship season begins against Huddersfield on August 17.

In a club statement, details of the event were revealed for the first time this afternoon.

And a poster advertising the event was posted on the club website, featuring a mixture of blue and red.

The club statement said: “Friday, August 10, 2012, is going to be a historic day for Cardiff City Football Club as we officially reopen Cardiff City Stadium.

“The 2012/13 season and beyond will see City have sole ownership of the Stadium.

“This means we will be able to celebrate our history and showcase the present.

“The official Stadium reopen-evening will take place in front of the main grandstand from 7pm.

“There'll be plenty of activities taking place throughout the evening too, including live music, a fun-fair, hog roast, drinks tent and special offers in the Stadium Superstore.”

Details of the event come a week after a meeting of Keep Cardiff Blue, the campaign group set up in opposition to the team playing in red, was disrupted by a small group of supporters threatening to curtail any protests over the club’s colours this season.

The reopening event will be free to attend for fans registering an interest in advance or £2 for those going down on the day.

The official stadium opening will take place at 10pm on August 10, with manager Malky Mackay set to be joined by the winner of a supporters’ prize draw on stage to conduct proceedings.

Free tickets for the reopening can be obtained by calling 0845 345 1400 or collecting in person at the Cardiff City stadium.

Re: CITY TO "RE-OPEN" CCS AFTER AMID RE-BRANDING ROW

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/07/30/cardiff-city-to-reopen-cardiff-city-stadium-amid-re-branding-row-91466-31508649/ :ayatollah:

CARDIFF City has announced it will officially reopen its three-year-old stadium as part of a celebration of its history and to “showcase the present”.

The club has endured a turbulent summer since details of controversial plans to switch the Bluebirds traditional blue playing colours to red for the 2012/13 season were leaked to supporters.

As part of those plans, the club announced Cardiff Blues, who rented the Cardiff City Stadium for matchdays, had been released from a long-term lease at the end of last season, enabling the region to return to Cardiff Arms Park.

And today the Bluebirds revealed details of a gala event, named #ILovetheCity2012, to officially reopen their home with a special evening of entertainment, including live music, a fun fair and hog roast – all a week before the beginning of the Championship season begins against Huddersfield on August 17.

In a club statement, details of the event were revealed for the first time this afternoon.

And a poster advertising the event was posted on the club website, featuring a mixture of blue and red.

The club statement said: “Friday, August 10, 2012, is going to be a historic day for Cardiff City Football Club as we officially reopen Cardiff City Stadium.

“The 2012/13 season and beyond will see City have sole ownership of the Stadium.

“This means we will be able to celebrate our history and showcase the present.

“The official Stadium reopen-evening will take place in front of the main grandstand from 7pm.

“There'll be plenty of activities taking place throughout the evening too, including live music, a fun-fair, hog roast, drinks tent and special offers in the Stadium Superstore.”

Details of the event come a week after a meeting of Keep Cardiff Blue, the campaign group set up in opposition to the team playing in red, was disrupted by a small group of supporters threatening to curtail any protests over the club’s colours this season.

The reopening event will be free to attend for fans registering an interest in advance or £2 for those going down on the day.

The official stadium opening will take place at 10pm on August 10, with manager Malky Mackay set to be joined by the winner of a supporters’ prize draw on stage to conduct proceedings.

Free tickets for the reopening can be obtained by calling 0845 345 1400 or collecting in person at the Cardiff City stadium.

The removal of the Cardiff Blues badges on the stadium might be welcomed , but the replacement of the old CCFC badges with the new ones and the replacement of "Cardiff City Stadium" in blue with "Cardiff City Football Club" in red might cause a bit of a stir!!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Sounds shit. Probably the same pricks organising it as those who sorted 'goodbye ninian park'.

wank wank wank.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm

northside of risca wrote:Sounds shit. Probably the same pricks organising it as those who sorted 'goodbye ninian park'.

wank wank wank.

:roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

droopy wrote:
northside of risca wrote:Sounds shit. Probably the same pricks organising it as those who sorted 'goodbye ninian park'.

wank wank wank.

Enjoy your bouncy castles pal.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

northside of risca wrote:
droopy wrote:

wank wank wank.

Enjoy your bouncy castles pal.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Will "Keep Cardiff Blue" be running a stall?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Why do we need to re-open our stadium when it's only 3yrs old ? What are the benefits ? There is def in my opinion nothing to celebate when your identity has been stripped from u, yes they will get a big crowd, who are nosey just to look around.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE, END OF. I will not fall for there bullshit!!
But I will be there to support the boys on the 17th , even if they are in Red , but it will break my heart to see it!! :x

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Rubbing salt in the wound, I just wish they would f**k off :(

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 pm

I'll be there, with my little pick and shovel I'll be there :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Got an e-mail from the club today. With a lot of red in it :evil: Think I'll give it a miss. Glad to see the egg-chasers gone, but the stadium was opened at the game against Celtic in 2009. Be there for the Newcastle game the next day, though :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm

If you'd have told me 10 years ago all this would be happening to Cardiff City, whilst people just stand by and watch, I would of laughed you out of the room.

Times have changed and we truly are an embarassment. I

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm

12thMan wrote:If you'd have told me 10 years ago all this would be happening to Cardiff City, whilst people just stand by and watch, I would of laughed you out of the room.

I never thought our fans would let something like this happen. I thought we were a prouder bunch than that.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:
12thMan wrote:If you'd have told me 10 years ago all this would be happening to Cardiff City, whilst people just stand by and watch, I would of laughed you out of the room.

I never thought our fans would let something like this happen. I thought we were a prouder bunch than that.

Me too mate, over the years I thought there was a bond and sense of togetherness.

I felt it was still there, although somewhat diluted since we moved from Ninian Park.

Lately though, it appears there's nothing left of the spirit we once had.

We're now just a bland reflection of modern football. It hurts me so bad, had a pain in my chest when I saw the marketing email for this event today.

Just can't take it. :(

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Why dont we all turn up, have a good time and enjoy the hog roast? All wearing blue of course