Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stadium reopening

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 46,00.html

wonder if the seats will be red :o

Re: stadium reopening

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:04 pm

wez 1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2865146,00.html

there are no plans to change the seat colours at this time

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 pm

:clock:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Gonna need more than "discounts" in the superstore to shift any merchandise!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Gonna need more than "discounts" in the superstore to shift any merchandise!

Why? Some nice new stock.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Gonna need more than "discounts" in the superstore to shift any merchandise!

Why? Some nice new stock.

Agreed :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Be plenty of meat coming off the hog roast then :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm not aware of the Langston deal but don't they own the naming rights if I'm correct? In this quote "The 2012/13 season and beyond will see City have sole ownership of the Stadium. This means we will be able to celebrate our history and showcase the present." Does it mean that the Langstone deal is imminent or that it's just celebrating the fact that the Cardiff Blues don't play here anymore?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 pm

:ayatollah: I have ordered my 4 tickets, see you there ;)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Can't wait to buy the full new kit, some new polo's, a wallet, etc. with the new badge on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:02 pm

RedBluebird wrote:Can't wait to buy the full new kit, some new polo's, a wallet, etc. with the new badge on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The new stock I've seen is with the proper crest.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Re open the stadium is just a joke cringe worthy what the fuxk for.So we can see the new badge on the side of the stadium no thanks.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm

They can shove the red shirts, the badge and their re-opening where the sun don't shine. Pathetic.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:31 am

2blue2handle wrote:
RedBluebird wrote:Can't wait to buy the full new kit, some new polo's, a wallet, etc. with the new badge on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't realise we would have merchandise with the old badge. Bit strange don't you think?

I hope there is though, got a Neice on the way and would like to get something for her but not with the new badge.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 am

steve davies wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2865146,00.html

Wrong sorry. There plans from the beginning is to change the seats.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Would have liked to have gone down, shame it clashes with the Men's Bronze Medal football match in town.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Didn't realise we would have merchandise with the old badge. Bit strange don't you think?

I hope there is though, got a Neice on the way and would like to get something for her but not with the new badge.

Supply and demand I guess.
They want the badge and red or commercial reasons.

By selling blue stuff with the proper crest could be classed as retro and would prob see an increase in sales.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 pm

steve davies wrote:

Its the use of those 3 little words that worry me Steve - "at this time".

There are no plans to change the seat colours "at this time" But isn`t the new sign saying "Cardiff City Football" going up on the front of the stadium going to be red? How long after before the seat changes?

There are no plans to change the name of the team to Cardiff Dragons "at this time" (I fear it will be pushed if and when the commotion over the kit changes dies down a bit)

The most worrying aspect now developing (in my personal opinion) is that there appears to be no plan to convert an ever increasing level of interest bearing debt into shares either "at this time".

Keith

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 46,00.html

It says that there will be a celebration of the history yet the change of colours has stripped the history!!! :evil:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Angry Man wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2865146,00.html

It says that there will be a celebration of the history yet the change of colours has stripped the history!!! :evil:

:roll: I am sorry but i have to disagree, no matter what colour we play in or what colour the inside / outside the stadium is, CANNOT take away the history.SIMPLES ;)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Maybe just maybe the investment is an ongoing process and not just a straightforward £100mil injection .... ok the rebranding has happened and Langstone wont accept the current offer ...... but new players have arrived , altho 1 player has since chosen to leave .

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

since62 wrote:There are no plans to change the name of the team to Cardiff Dragons "at this time" (I fear it will be pushed if and when the commotion over the kit changes dies down a bit)

The most worrying aspect now developing (in my personal opinion) is that there appears to be no plan to convert an ever increasing level of interest bearing debt into shares either "at this time".

Keith

In the most abstract of ways, we already have become 'the Dragons'. Red shirt, Dragon, big 'Malaysia' logo across the front of the shirt - Malaysia Dragons FC

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:49 pm

seats are red in the premier lounge and the first floor loby seen them today also alot of sponcership from ricoh on the front of the main entrance as well ;)

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:21 am

ayahtolla wrote::ayatollah: I have ordered my 4 tickets, see you there ;)

Woohoo, mine arrived this morning ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.