Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Starting to doubt.....

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 am

If he has money and players ARE available,WHY WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

It will take even longer to get them to gel and build up rapport and ethic...
It would appear with the signing of Mutch and now Kim that we have money.

I like Malky and his style but his approach in the transfer department is starting to worry me...

Results in Pre season don't worry me, but what does concern me is a trip to geneva to improve fitness that results in 4/5 getting injured?

Re: Starting to doubt.....

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 am

aj1927 wrote:If he has money and players ARE available,WHY WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

I like Malky and his style but his approach in the transfer department is starting to worry me...

Results in Pre season don't worry me, but what does concern me is a trip to geneva to improve fitness that results in 4/5 getting injured?

It might not be his choice, the selling club hold all the cards, esp if they are prem teams as they want replacements in first.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 am

aj1927 wrote:If he has money and players ARE available,WHY WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!!

:book: :dontknow: :help:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 am

Think we are all Malky likers but things do seem to stall when it comes to buying players,
Wonder if the Malaysians wanna spread the money that is being spent, as u say two signings so far that shows we have the money but your right the quicker the better,
If like both players we have bought they have been tracking them for a long time then surely that is the case for others we are chasing.

It's a bit frustrating, probably for Malky to but as a club we need to speed things up in terms of getting our man/men

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 am

I'm pretty much happy with how the signings have gone so far for us. At the beginning of the summer I didn't think we would be bringing in anyone with all the off field bollox that's been going on lol! We got a tidy squad already, that will be looking at a top6 finnish with bellamy added imo! Few more decent signings after that and you never know, we could push for a top2! Were not a million miles away from a top2 team :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am

There's loads of players out there available, but Malky clearly doesn't think they're good enough!

I'd prefer to trust his judgement and wait until the ones that are good enough, become available!

His signings have been pretty decent up to now! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

I don't mind getting defensive cover in late or if we don't sign Bellamy but if we are going to be top 2 I think we need a striker who can score goals for fun in this league and build the whole team set up around supplying him. So I really want us to get a striker like this in as soon as possible so the team can work on that.

At the beginning of last season we had Taylor, Cowie and Conway all impressing with crosses from wide positions but then spent the whole season with Miller up front who had no chance of getting his head on a cross.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am

In the words of John McEnroe

"Surely, you can't be serious"?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 am

CityGent wrote:

In the words of John McEnroe

"Surely, you can't be serious"?

have to agree mate :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Lakey man, I like his style but we do not have LB cover or RB for that matter.
MF is awesome and we have pace now with Kim possibly bells and Harris.
But we have no natural finisher and no target man..

Can we leave all that to the last minute?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:07 pm

I believe Malky's making some clever moves.

I mean, imagine he enquired the availability of a player who's club refuse to sell before a replacement is brought in; it leaks, other clubs catch word of the move, and a bidding war begins. Sigurdarson, for example.

Mutch and Velikonja arrived out of the blue. Who's to say there aren't more on the way?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm

aj1927 wrote:Lakey man, I like his style but we do not have LB cover or RB for that matter.
MF is awesome and we have pace now with Kim possibly bells and Harris.
But we have no natural finisher and no target man..

Can we leave all that to the last minute?

Agreed we need 2 or 3 more across the park to mount a challenge for top two, but i think you're being a little unfair to Malky and his staff. Of all his desired transfer targets so far, only one has failed to materialise, and if all is true, we pulled out of the race for Richard Keogh - not the other way around. We've done some quality business so far and there is more to come. Nobody knows if he's thinking of leaving it until the last minute. Pure guesswork

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 pm

You wait until the last minute because thats when all the big players move ! like Bellamy ? :ayatollah:
Normally about this coming week or two is when all the non starting premiership players start to move and then it is a knock on affect to the championship where the non starts move down leagues and so on so don't worry ! :ayatollah: