Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Left Back....

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 am

We clearly need cover for Tayls this season. We have a couple of players that could play there if needed but I'd feel far more comfortable with a recognised left back. Trying to find one that's happy to sit in the reserves for 90% of the season though is another thing.

Any ideas?

Re: Left Back....

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 am

tough one, i see Taylor as so solid that he will be first choice next season, and then its like you say, who is going to want to stay on the bench? kev is more than capable of playing LB, and we have darcy.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 am

We will be looking for cover at left back. Naylors gone, lets wait and see who comes in. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 am

Ben Nugent might be the man if he keeps impressing

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 am

Double G wrote:Ben Nugent might be the man if he keeps impressing

;) He did ok at fgr so maybe, but definitely one for the future IMO

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

We need someone that is comfortable at left back and centre back and that person is the player that is coming in on loan but we had cover for right as Arron Gunnarrsson can play there.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 am

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:We need someone that is comfortable at left back and centre back and that person is the player that is coming in on loan but we had cover for right as Arron Gunnarrsson can play there.

yet another with 'inside information'? :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 am

If McNaughton stays fit and can play 40 games then Darcy can cover for the other six and I suppose if Taylor stays fit and plays 40 games McNaughton could cover 6 at left back meaning Darcy gets a dozen games. I would prefer it if we did have more cover though because if either McNaughton or Taylor get a serious injury or both get injured at the same time then you are looking at a youth team player or emergency loan for cover.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 am

Double G wrote:Ben Nugent might be the man if he keeps impressing

THIS.

He didn't look out of place on Saturday, I know it was a friendly but he looked very calm and composed, give him a few more games in pre-season and Northampton in the cup and see where we go from there