Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Olympics

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 am

Just curious about some things relating to the Olympics....As an American I understand that there will be a natural bit of animosity towards us.....but I think most Americans support the UK teams and look at your atheletes as kindred spirits.

1. Do you cheer for atheletes from other countries to do well, if so what country?

2. Do you have a particular country you root against?

3. What sport are you most interested in?

As for myself....

1. I do cheer for the UK (especially if I see they are from Wales), Ireland, Australia, New Zeland, and Mexico atheletes.

2. Honestly I root against China, France, and Canada (just a personal thing).

3. I love water polo.

Re: Olympics

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:27 am

greenlawler wrote:Just curious about some things relating to the Olympics....As an American I understand that there will be a natural bit of animosity towards us.....but I think most Americans support the UK teams and look at your atheletes as kindred spirits.

1. Do you cheer for atheletes from other countries to do well, if so what country?

No

2. Do you have a particular country you root against?

No

3. What sport are you most interested in?

Football

As for myself....

1. I do cheer for the UK (especially if I see they are from Wales), Ireland, Australia, New Zeland, and Mexico atheletes.

2. Honestly I root against China, France, and Canada (just a personal thing).

3. I love water polo.

Re: Olympics

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Got nothing against the US, or any other country. Just not interested in the Olympics. Only interested in proper football, but don't bother with the under 23s.