Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky intends to leave it just before

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 pm

The League season starts or even just before the transfer deadline to sign our final players needed to finalise our squad, I am a big Malky fan, but is this a dangerous game to play ?

Re: Malky intends to leave it just before

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Why don't he get bothtoyd he's miles better than any our strikers?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Your right annis it could well prove a dangerous way of doing things, I have heard that cb39 is pretty much done i think we would probably need a striker and one defensive cover to complete the squad? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 pm

It usually takes time for a new player to get used to playing with a new team, so it is a bit risky.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The League season starts or even just before the transfer deadline to sign our final players needed to finalise our squad, I am a big Malky fan, but is this a dangerous game to play ?

Know what you mean but I'm sure he would bring players in tomorrow if he could. I assume its all a domino effect as players at other clubs are only allowed to leave once a replacement is secured. If it's the right player then it will be worth the wait :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm

he might not have a choice, prem managers want to wait till they name their squad

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Annis this could be a smoke screen :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The League season starts or even just before the transfer deadline to sign our final players needed to finalise our squad, I am a big Malky fan, but is this a dangerous game to play ?

Completely back you on this one annis,

I've been concerned for weeks, it doesnt feel to me everything is running smoothly, our reputation financially may be a big impact, people in this game know of the malaysians and their connections, and most likely would advise players to disfavour cardiff city

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm not comfortable with us still being short on numbers so near to the start of the season but, as you said in another thread, we shouldn't judge on pre-season friendly results. If we haven't signed more before the 17th August and we lose to Huddersfield, then we'll have reason to be concerned, otherwise I think patience is needed.

Superb atmosphere yesterday and maybe you're not as positive as I am because of that? We picked up in Newport, so I was surprised you weren't there!

:lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm

It doesn't mean he ent going to go for players now though? Hes just saying if he has to go to the wire he will do so! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Not many prem clubs moving for players yet, when they do it will free up players + after the 25 men squad are announced.

We still need to rid ourselves of some players as well.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

trotskie wrote:Why don't he get bothtoyd he's miles better than any our strikers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 am

I think Malky has more than proved himself in the transfer market. Im more than happy to trust him when it comes to this too. In Malky we trust.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:25 am

Can't agree with most of the above.Were gonna start the season in a much better position(player wise)than we did last season.And we didn't have a bad start last year did we.When the prem teams finalise their squads that will be the right time to move and Malky probably got his short list already.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:35 am

I'm not bothered if we dont sign our players until bang on the deadline as long as we get them. The transfer window doesnt really light up until the last few days anyway and we all know transfer deadline day is mental. All I will say is I am very happy withour activity so far in the window, there is no doubt we have signed high quality players. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 am

Even though we are bombarded with the media spin on a weekly basis of how he needs more players :roll:, well lets not sign anyone again then MM and when we fail just like last season i can turn around along with 1000s of others and say oh well it was expected due to the same old transfer bullshit where everybody knows we need 3-4 more players but we didnt get them so we failed again. i mean whats the f*cking joke because im not getting it. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Even though we are bombarded with the media spin on a weekly basis of how he needs more players :roll:, well lets not sign anyone again then MM and when we fail just like last season i can turn around along with 1000s of others and say oh well it was expected due to the same old transfer bullshit where everybody knows we need 3-4 more players but we didnt get them so we failed again. i mean whats the f*cking joke because im not getting it. :ayatollah:

Yes,C'mon Malky spend some more of that rebrand money :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Even though we are bombarded with the media spin on a weekly basis of how he needs more players :roll:, well lets not sign anyone again then MM and when we fail just like last season i can turn around along with 1000s of others and say oh well it was expected due to the same old transfer bullshit where everybody knows we need 3-4 more players but we didnt get them so we failed again. i mean whats the f*cking joke because im not getting it. :ayatollah:

What money, the money for langston thats got 24hours left on the deadline VT said was there in his rebrand breakdown or the money spread over 5years for the three players we signed :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:12 am

How did we fail last season? 10 players in who did a fine job. Great start to the season.

The January window was disappointing - but that one is always difficult with players not wanted by their clubs (why?) and inflated prices. If you are prepared to throw big money around in transfers and wages like West Ham you get players, but most other Championship clubs were just adding numbers not quality.

The transfers in so far this summer have been very good (first team and academy/development teams). I am happy for Malky to go for quality over quantity - and get the right players. If that means waiting - so be it.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 am

:shock: The season starts on August 17th for us, the transfer window closes August 31st, lets see who is in/out THEN, before we start making up scenario's that may not happen :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 am

jon1959 wrote:

How did we fail last season? 10 players in who did a fine job. Great start to the season.

The January window was disappointing - but that one is always difficult with players not wanted by their clubs (why?) and inflated prices. If you are prepared to throw big money around in transfers and wages like West Ham you get players, but most other Championship clubs were just adding numbers not quality.

The transfers in so far this summer have been very good (first team and academy/development teams). I am happy for Malky to go for quality over quantity - and get the right players. If that means waiting - so be it.

Did we not fall down the league after january?? everybody knew we needed 3-4players simple as that and that was a failer :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 am

ayahtolla wrote:

:shock: The season starts on August 17th for us, the transfer window closes August 31st, lets see who is in/out THEN, before we start making up scenario's that may not happen :roll:

i suggest you bookmark this thread then :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:

:roll: Why because if we sign another 10 player's or none, i will be there supporting the team no matter what, season after season ;)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am

ayahtolla wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:

:roll: Why because if we sign another 10 player's or none, i will be there supporting the team no matter what, season after season ;)

Good for you :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

What money, the money for langston thats got 24hours left on the deadline VT said was there in his rebrand breakdown or the money spread over 5years for the three players we signed :ayatollah:

Love it,I knew you were football whore,just like me.Does it matter,you say potato's,I say p'taatoes.Its still VT's money. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

you say potato's,I say p'taatoes :ayatollah:

Tickled me :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Nice to give someone a smile on a monday.Good to see you "out of retirement" :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Nice to give someone a smile on a monday.Good to see you "out of retirement" :ayatollah:

Agreed the whole rebrand put hate in my bones so after going away for two weeks and not posting on here for three weeks odd it gave me time to think, now im back on peoples cases but less of the fire in my posts because theres nothing we can do with whats happened as we stand this season. :ayatollah: