Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

surely bothroyd on a free is a no brainer?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 pm

25k a week he's a class above in this league he'd be brilliant in malkys system. With the right attitude 25 goals in our team.

Re: surely bothroyd on a free is a no brainer?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 pm

i would agree

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Totally agree

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Already said in another thread, imo we would be top 2 with him in our team ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Woul bellers help this happen?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 pm

trotskie wrote:25k a week he's a class above in this league he'd be brilliant in malkys system. With the right attitude 25 goals in our team.

Will he put his ego to one side, though?

Class player on his day, needs to stay on his feet more and needs to show a bit more maturity and professionalism.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm

well. you got to look at his frame of mind, he had his engerland call up. thought he was messi. came back to us after his cap . and thought. what is a superstar like me doing here, carol in the first week of getting an england cap got sold for 35 mill. boothroyd waited by the phone for his call......? never came. then he played shit for us , then came the big phone call, qpr? not even good enough for them. so. championship is his playing level i think. as long as he dont think he is a premier player. i would take him back :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd take him back.

He did annoy the hell out of me though a couple of seasons ago, the way he'd go rolling on the floor and go crying to the ref as if he got fouled, lazy b*stard.

But yeah, I'd take him back. :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

ayahtolla wrote:Already said in another thread, imo we would be top 2 with him in our team ;)

As long as he is not on massive wages,i like jay :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

earnieblue wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:Already said in another thread, imo we would be top 2 with him in our team ;)

As long as he is not on massive wages,i like jay :ayatollah:

its an absoloute no brainer...
take him back, with bellamy, we've got ourselves a near complete front line. with mason and sloven guy +gustede and earnie

we just need a shit hot CB and a nifty full back, one more utility man in the middle, and a few free back ups

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

If we get Bellamy and Bothroyd I think top 2 is a real possibility. If we didn't make it one would have to assume God is a jack b*stard.

With a team of

Marshall

McNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Bellamy
Whittingham
Mutch
Kim Bo
Mason

Bothroyd

We could destroy this league. Don't see the point in playing Gunnarsson or Kiss to start. We just need Mutch Kimbo and Whitts to be busy. Once we go one or two goals up bring on Aron and Kiss to sit in front of the defence and sure things up whilst keeping Bellamy and Mason on the attack to counter and Bothroyd or Velikonja to hit long.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Bothroyd was a great guy after Norwich game when we won 3-1.. I asked for hat which I had the feeling he paid lot for it :lol:
I'd take him back.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Very annoying when he goes to ground,but he,s a class act would love to have him back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm

I think Malky could handle him. However, I also don't think he'd start every game, so you would have to hope he wouldn't sulk.

I still smile when I remember that opening goal in the QPR game :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I think Malky could handle him. However, I also don't think he'd start every game, so you would have to hope he wouldn't sulk.

I still smile when I remember that opening goal in the QPR game :D :ayatollah:

This. :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm

His set up for Chops vs Swansea to get the game to 1-1 and his header on to Chops against Leicester at home for the play offs always remember that because of their good link up play! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

His goal against QPR was just ignorant.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:59 am

RedBluebird wrote:His goal against QPR was just ignorant.

"Ignorant" ????

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 am

I think he could do a great job for us

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 am

Anyone who plays a part in a victory over the Gypos gets the nod from me ! Doris on his arse & Rangel still running into the stand after Bellers shadow - priceless !

If SwanseaLad69 comes on here I'll translate it for him : -

skdbcgdcbsdcbnsknbDCGDS N JHWDKQSJJQA96SBDMS,C,NCXAMFONJ73 MNS,KJBAAM CM6T21782VBDHWS SK

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 am

Not sure now.Suprised if DJ don't make a move for him.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

Ah the old Bothroyd didnt try after his England cap bollocks :roll:

He got injured for 2/3 mths then scored 8 on his return including one of the best strikes at the ccs to date.

Class act who id love back but wouldnt blame him if he wouldnt come back here after the abuse he got.

Our most important player for 3 years and then fans abuse him. Only in Cardiff. :roll:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am

CP76 wrote:Ah the old Bothroyd didnt try after his England cap bollocks :roll:

He got injured for 2/3 mths then scored 8 on his return including one of the best strikes at the ccs to date.

Class act who id love back but wouldnt blame him if he wouldnt come back here after the abuse he got.

Our most important player for 3 years and then fans abuse him. Only in Cardiff. :roll:

What about all the slagging off he did against city?

I agree he did get some abuse but his attitude did change after he got the england cap. I still rate him the game against man city for qpr he showed he has talent. He's a top player in the championship and a squad player in the premiership.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am

Would love to have him back. I'm not on twitter or facebook (too old) but those who are..could they not start a campaign or at least make it known to him that a lot of fans here would welcome him back. Just got to work on Malky then !! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 am

Nedd Glas wrote:Will he put his ego to one side, though?

Class player on his day, needs to stay on his feet more and needs to show a bit more maturity and professionalism.

This.

If he sorts his attitude out and stops falling to the ground at every chance, sign him up. Until then - DJ Campbell for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 am

Would not pass the Malky Test

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 pm

trotskie wrote:25k a week he's a class above in this league he'd be brilliant in malkys system. With the right attitude 25 goals in our team.

Most natural talents come with baggage, it's part of their makeup. End of the day I know Jay can be a tosser at times but he is different class and as long as Mlaky reads him the riot act would welcome him back with open arms.

It's all very well signing players who run through brick walls like Cowie etc but there is not substitute for match winning ability.

Most complete centre forward I have seen in a city shirt :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:20 pm

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Would not pass the Malky Test

Bellers doesn't exactly pass the test look at his backround with attitude but he will still be here before the window closes?

I'm not saying I don't want him here i'd love Jay and Bellers here. If jay kept rolling about maybe bellers could get the golf club out and sort him out!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Jay was class for us, Yes his heart wasn't init towards the end but they guy is class on his day. He should never have left us in the 1st place. Bench warmer he's become.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Which part of... We can't afford to pay our current players without loans... Is confusing you?

How is it a no brainer to add another £1.2 million a year to the wage bill we already can't afford.

It seems some are he'll bent on getting us liquidated. :shock: