Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CityGent?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:56 pm

News on maynard???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CityGent?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 pm

I'd say there will be a news story linking us with him soon. After it was reported on here, a Twitter site called Sleep Football said it was us and Celtic who have enquired about him, but if you search his name on there, Wigan, Forest and a few others have entered the fray

Let the battle commence!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm not being negative but I can't see us signing him when other teams are involved, we seem to drop out of bidding wars! Just my opinion :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:I'm not being negative but I can't see us signing him when other teams are involved, we seem to drop out of bidding wars! Just my opinion :ayatollah:

See what you're saying but he is the type of player we need, and if we have any ambition, we should fight to the death to get him..

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Valleybluebird wrote:I'm not being negative but I can't see us signing him when other teams are involved, we seem to drop out of bidding wars! Just my opinion :ayatollah:

See what you're saying but he is the type of player we need, and if we have any ambition, we should fight to the death to get him..

We out bid Celtic with Kim Bo :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I would still like us to go for Bothroyd to be honest. We dont have to pay a fee

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:I would still like us to go for Bothroyd to be honest. We dont have to pay a fee

Id NEVER want him back at CCS, he couldnt wait to see the back of us.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:I would still like us to go for Bothroyd to be honest. We dont have to pay a fee

:shock: I would have him back instantly, with him i do believe we could be top 2 ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

ayahtolla wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

:shock: I would have him back instantly, with him i do believe we could be top 2 ;)

He's on a lot of money at QPR (60 grand per week I've been told) so u do the sums. What would u do if u were on that. Leave?????

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

He's on a lot of money at QPR (60 grand per week I've been told) so u do the sums. What would u do if u were on that. Leave?????

Hes on 25k

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

It will obviously be up to him, but take a look at the striker list, he is one of ten, :-
Bobby Zamora, Tommy Smith, Jamie Mackie, Andrew Johnson, Rob Hulse, David Hoilett, Heidar Helguson, Djibril Cisse, DJ Campbell and finally Jay, do you think he is going to want to stay ? :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Maynard started for WHU today,as i posted at the start of the week...they seem to have alot of strikers at WHU -

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120729/ ... 84_2864448

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Be impressive if we pull the signing of Maynard off but I can't see it myself, premiership with Wigan would look appealing to him plus Forrest would prob offer more money than us with their new owners?
I also read somewhere that Maynard wanted to move more towards up north away from Bristol and that's part the reason he left there so Cardiff wouldn't look appealing to him if that was right...

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Be impressive if we pull the signing of Maynard off but I can't see it myself, premiership with Wigan would look appealing to him plus Forrest would prob offer more money than us with their new owners?
I also read somewhere that Maynard wanted to move more towards up north away from Bristol and that's part the reason he left there so Cardiff wouldn't look appealing to him if that was right...

Wanted to move up North so he went to London?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 pm

:lol:
Aramore wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:Be impressive if we pull the signing of Maynard off but I can't see it myself, premiership with Wigan would look appealing to him plus Forrest would prob offer more money than us with their new owners?

:lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:13 pm

City Gent who is the Loan Deal from the Premiership which has 'legs' that someone tweeted you about, who said we should be excited and hashtagged INTERNATIONAL and PREM? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Who would you expect us to go for first?! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Aramore wrote:

Which direction is london from Bristol?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

It's East. Very very East. Maybe a degree North of it but you can't honestly be trying to say that moving from Bristol to london is a move up North? :?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:City Gent who is the Loan Deal from the Premiership which has 'legs' that someone tweeted you about, who said we should be excited and hashtagged INTERNATIONAL and PREM? :ayatollah:

This one could come from a club - North of Cardiff ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Aramore wrote:
cakey-8t7 wrote:
Aramore wrote:

It's East. Very very East. Maybe a degree North of it but you can't honestly be trying to say that moving from Bristol to london is a move up North? :?

London is east yeh and not really north but maybe it's closer to where his family come from than bristol is and Cardiff is not far from Bristol so doubt he would want to come here, just stating what the article said have a look for yourself he says if his son can't have a northern accent he wud rather him have a cockney accent than a bristolian accent which suggests he would rather live closer to where he's from maybe which is up north

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... story.html