Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 4 welshman decided not to sing the anthem

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 pm

krabb wrote:not good in my opinion,they have decided to play then they should at least look like they were singing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why ? the english don't sing ours , well done boys :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
krabb wrote:not good in my opinion,they have decided to play then they should at least look like they were singing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why ? the english don't sing ours , well done boys :ayatollah:

but the english didnt play for wales,they to played for G.B..and to me you then become british and the BRITISH anthem is god save the queen :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 pm

God Save The Queen is not an English anthem but a British anthem, England does not have an anthem. For all those thick dumb ignorant ar***oles out there, whether you like it or not we are geographically or should I make it simple for you to understand, physically part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain And Northern Island. I am a proud Welshman also I am proud to be British. So all these scumbag, traccie bottom, burberry hat wearing chavs who keep going on about the national anthem not being sung by the Welsh footballers go to bed now as you have to be up in the morning for your appearance on Jeremy Kyle.

God I am so angry why people think it is not ok to be British and support our heritage.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Good on the lads I say!!

Nobody moans when the England players don't sing it at their games so what's the big deal.

Personally I hate the anthem and always turn the TV off when it's on.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Why isn't Land of Hope and Glory adopted as a GB anthem? As a Scotsman, they can shove GSTQ right up their arse... (Read Verse 6)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Yet verse 6 of the British national anthem contains the words "Rebellious Scots to crush".

Nice and inclusive, don't you think! No wonder they only sing the first verse at big events.

Would you expect the Scots, our fellow Celts, to sing that particular lyric if they were on Team GB duty?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

What I don't like is the fact that most England players who do sing it probably don't care about or take any interest in the monarchy whatsoever.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 pm

They'd get a right slagging off if they did sing it. Don't blame them, i would'nt sing it either. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:10 pm

England currently has no agreed national anthem, with "God Save the Queen", the national anthem of the United Kingdom, often being used in sporting events in which England competes separately from the other Home Nations. However, there are calls for this to be changed and a 2006 survey conducted by the BBC suggested that 55% of the English public would rather have "Land of Hope and Glory" than "God Save the Queen" as their national anthem.

Until England stop using God Save The Queen as their Anthem and get their own I consider the Welsh lads to be doing nothing wrong.....On the contrary this may spur something to be done about this matter and just as the Americans forced the media to take notice of their Black Power salute in the Olympic stadiums in the 70's I think that the Welsh lads could also be forcing the hand of the powers that be.....I hope so anyway.
I know we are not talking the same scale here but you get what i mean eh? ;-)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 am

Good lads.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am

Why didn't they just use "land of hope and glory" for the anthem? I thought it a little strange using the english anthem, asking for trouble there :?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am

Angry Man wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:"4 welshMEN decided not to sing the ENGLISH anthem"

Why should a Welshman sing an ENGLISH anthem

England doesn't have anthem to thick c**t

Yes they do, it's GSTQ and they've forced it upon every country they've ever conquered. You don't get do you Britain=England
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:28 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympi ... m-row.html

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Yes they do, it's GSTQ and they've forced it upon every country they've ever conquered. You don't get do you Britain=England

Yer I hope they will bail us out of the shit My government got all the people into

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olym ... 87386.html

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:33 am

What's the big fuss? They are Welsh. I would be all for singing a British song like Land of Hope and Glory that isn't the same anthem as England. I would feel the same if the anthem was Flower of Scotland. You can agree about the idea of Team GB but that doesn't mean you have to agree about the anthem for Team GB.

It's personal choice. Who gives a shit if they don't sing it. If they give 100% for the team then that's all that counts. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:43 am

Zabier wrote:What's the big fuss? They are Welsh. I would be all for singing a British song like Land of Hope and Glory that isn't the same anthem as England. I would feel the same if the anthem was Flower of Scotland. You can agree about the idea of Team GB but that doesn't mean you have to agree about the anthem for Team GB.

It's personal choice. Who gives a shit if they don't sing it. If they give 100% for the team then that's all that counts. :ayatollah:

Agreed, and our boys have been the best player's so far, so everyone know's they are committed ;)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 am

Da Iawn to the Welsh players ---Why sing an anthem that is 100% nothing to do with them. B@llox to the English Queen.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 am

BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

No they don't. f*cking hell no matter how many people clearly state that England doesn't have an anthem there are still people like you are so thick you should be put down!!!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:48 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:Da Iawn to the Welsh players ---Why sing an anthem that is 100% nothing to do with them. B@llox to the English Queen.

Agree 100% , The queen and all her gang shouldn't even have anything to do with us. She has always been known as the queen of england ,WE ARE NOT england !

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 am

Angry Man wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

No they don't. f*cking hell no matter how many people clearly state that England doesn't have an anthem there are still people like you are so thick you should be put down!!!

The English national anthem is GSTQ. 'Britain' being a made up state of conqueror and conquered nations doesn't have an anthem-FACT. Hope it gets booed at the Millennium!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 am

Maybe, they just don't know the anthem. I don't :roll: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:31 am

BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

The English national anthem is GSTQ. 'Britain' being a made up state of conqueror and conquered nations doesn't have an anthem-FACT. Hope it gets booed at the Millennium!

wrong way around,it is the british anthem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

krabb wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

wrong way around,it is the british anthem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Britain doesn't have an official anthem-FACT.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 am

Of course we are led to believe that GSTQ is the anthem of Britain but this is simply not true. Would the anthem with a 5th verse that tells about 'crushing the Scots' be adopted? Britain is a made up state with no constitution. Three of the nations that make up that state had no choice in the matter as they were conquered by England. England=Britain