Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Will it happen ? "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm

On the big decision between VT & SH, let's hope for the good of our club, something is finally sorted, they have come so near so many times, apparently if it's not done by July 31st 2012, then all negotiations for the compromise will be off.

Sam/Langston want £10 mill plus £5 mill promotion bonus.
In return, the debt worth double that with interest all cleared and Vt is also given the naming rights of the stadium and Tan has to guarantee all his loans are turned in to shares, making us a debt free club.

Re: " 2 Days to go "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:On the big decision between VT & SH, let's hope for the good of our club, something is finally sorted, they have come so near so many times, apparently if it's not done by July 31st 2012, then all negotiations for the compromise will be off.

Left it for years so i dount it will be sorted annis, btw if VT says there 10million there for langston and langston want 10million whats the hold up if its there then as hes has stated its there in what the investment included :?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 pm

this debt needs to be sorted asap for all parties to move on...

Re: " Will it happen ? "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:15 pm

something tells me you have heard something Annis :D

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm

fed up of it all now just 2 stubborn old men with big egos you can bet they wont compromise for the good of the club lets hope though :? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I believe, I believe

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:19 pm

A psychological date in a negotiation is just that, a date, it means little more.
Much more importantly the two parties always have to consider their BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement).

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:21 pm

I don't think it will no.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:On the big decision between VT & SH, let's hope for the good of our club, something is finally sorted, they have come so near so many times, apparently if it's not done by July 31st 2012, then all negotiations for the compromise will be off.

Offer sam 10m plus 2.5m promotion bonus or 12.5m now and no promotion bonus..
Unless VT has a trick up his sleeve ?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:25 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Left it for years so i dount it will be sorted annis, btw if VT says there 10million there for langston and langston want 10million whats the hold up if its there then as hes has stated its there in what the investment included :?

Langstone want more than 10m if I heard correctly? 10m plus 5m promotion

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Absolutely it will happen.

Otherwise tan won't own the club or anything it owns and will risk his investment if another party wants to take the club into admin.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:fed up of it all now just 2 stubborn old men with big egos you can bet they wont compromise for the good of the club lets hope though :? :ayatollah:

If its not sorted it will cost VT 3times as much one way or the other thats for sure after the end of this month. The moneys there vt said so it should be payed . :?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Would anyone give up signing Bellamy in order to get this done?

£36k over two years plus a million bonus is about £4.6million that should cover the £5Million promotion bonus that Sam wants?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Not good Annis not good from what I've heard

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Absolutely it will happen.

Otherwise tan won't own the club or anything it owns and will risk his investment if another party wants to take the club into admin.

If someone took the club into admin tan would be a bigger unsecured creditor than langston therefore giving them the upper hand in any voting

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Annis get Sam to take what's on offer and do one. Then we as a club can move on.

I don't care what he says he's owed he is an UNSECURED CREDITOR so our club comes first, City fans should apply as much pressure to him as possible, less we have to pay him more goes into the club.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Annis, you have always hinted at the fact that there was more to SAMs departure from the club etc. is this the case?
If so the drama that is 'Langstone' will get messy I believe.
Has Sam been holding out for such a time? Or us he keen to settle?
Or a separate not how keen is VT to complete the cash to shares equity let alone the naming rights?
Sadly I fear this.........
But someone please correct me

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Short and Simple from my perspective: If VT does not settle the debt with Langston, then hes taking us Cardiff fans on a little joy ride, and changing our history and tradition for no reason.

The red camp are only backing the red campaign on the basis of his gurantees of turning debt to equity.......if that doesnt happen........

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 am

I wouldn't pay them. By the court date we'll be in admin anyway.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:04 am

azz_ccfc wrote:Short and Simple from my perspective: If VT does not settle the debt with Langston, then hes taking us Cardiff fans on a little joy ride, and changing our history and tradition for no reason.

The red camp are only backing the red campaign on the basis of his gurantees of turning debt to equity.......if that doesnt happen........

AGREED THATS WHAT ITS BEEN ABOUT FOR ALL OF US :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 am

Welshpaul wrote:Annis get Sam to take what's on offer and do one. Then we as a club can move on.

I don't care what he says he's owed he is an UNSECURED CREDITOR so our club comes first, City fans should apply as much pressure to him as possible, less we have to pay him more goes into the club.

What you mean the ten million VT said he had to one side ready for langston in his rebrand breakdown and funny enough he wants ten million and has done for months. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 am

of course it wont, that would mean vt turning all the debt to equity

unless he was telling another lie then

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 am

pengedragon wrote:of course it wont, that would mean vt turning all the debt to equity

unless he was telling another lie then

Well we will soon see in the next 24hours time or fans will start to change there mind on whats been promised for sure. Hes stated its there all 10million in his breakdown of this rebrand finance package which everybody seen so why would he want to pay three times that amount if it goes past this deadline :?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am

A few years ago. This cheeky chappy with the bushy eyebrows told us he was going
to spend all his money getting us to the big time. It was a lie. He borrowed tens
of millions and when he went, he left the Club holding the baby. So, Im sorry Sam,
but if Vincent Tan has some scheme where you are going to have to settle for a
hell of a lot less..... by all means call him dishonest.

But your the one started it.

Take what your offered and do one, please. You don't have a leg to stand on...

Or we'd have been hearing from your solicitors

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:33 am

as vt dont own cardiff city yet its not actually his debt is it.......until he owns us he is not liable for this langstone debt .....now if langstone wont to pursue cardiff city for it they would be quite within there rights to.....however i dont think the club have to pay it until 2016 .....who knows if the club could honour this debt in 2016 ......so maybe langstones thinking is that if they wait until 2016 they may get fu.k. all.....thats why i believe they want to get as much out of vt as they can.....and vt knows this ...and thats why he is playing hard ball over the promotion bonus.....imo if langstone will except the 10 million as total settlement it would be a done deal :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:19 pm

sam is just acting like an arsehole as I have said on many occasions he is holding our club to ransom

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm

bit of an insult to an arsehole :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I think we will be hearing a lot about this in the next few months.

Now that VT has promised to turn debt to equity then Sam will see an opportunity. He can hold out for more than he would have taken a few weeks ago (hence the addition of the promotion bonus to the £10m and he'll walk away last stated).

Sam will know now that there will be pressure from the fans to get VT to settle so that he can go ahead with the debt swap.

Sam's supporters will be upping the ante now on the basis that Tan promised to sort it, whilst Sam in the background ups his requirements.

Not all Sam's fault mind - if VT had a proper strategy at the start he could have settled it all earlier, before sticking his neck out with this crazy rebrand (on agreement 3).

For those who want the best for this football club then we are going to have to be patient a fair bit longer and just be happy he's keeping the life support machine working.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:40 pm

bozzer64 wrote:sam is just acting like an arsehole as I have said on many occasions he is holding our club to ransom

What?

He's owed money by us and willing to accept a lot less. How is that holding ransom?

Think before you insult someone :?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:42 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
bozzer64 wrote:sam is just acting like an arsehole as I have said on many occasions he is holding our club to ransom

What?

He's owed money by us and willing to accept a lot less. How is that holding ransom?

Think before you insult someone :?

sam hammam is owed money he spent himself think tit!!