Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is our squad

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Why do people even bother with ROATHRAT and the replys because he always answers the thread headline 1st in every thread then goes on and on some more with arguements that have nothing to do with the thread headline, i really do not understand this soggy pissflaps hijacking ways :roll:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:42 pm

glammy74 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Why should I waste my time then?

They Re the favourites for a reason and their squad says it for itself. You have the obtuse opinion here so it would be far more beneficial to everyone for you to tell us what you don't rate about the favourites for the titles team as many here and industry experts alike are clearly not seeing something you are :D

Im sure many will back me up - Leicester have brought some rubbish and in my opinion have about 5 quality championship players and some of them are inconsistent at times

There are much better teams around than Leicester :lol:

Well you and your 'many' will have to just agree to disagree with me and the industry experts and pundits then.

That bet is open any time by the way.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Why do people even bother with ROATHRAT and the replys because he always answers the thread headline 1st in every thread then goes on and on some more with arguements that have nothing to do with the thread headline, i really do not understand this soggy pissflaps hijacking ways :roll:

Surely debating the quality of other sides has everything to do with whether ours is good enough?

Maybe you should try and add something constructive to the debate rather thn clogging it up with the usual... Roth magic is evil nonsense.

Put me on ignore or stop moaning. Simples.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
glammy74 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

They Re the favourites for a reason and their squad says it for itself. You have the obtuse opinion here so it would be far more beneficial to everyone for you to tell us what you don't rate about the favourites for the titles team as many here and industry experts alike are clearly not seeing something you are :D

Im sure many will back me up - Leicester have brought some rubbish and in my opinion have about 5 quality championship players and some of them are inconsistent at times

Well you and your 'many' will have to just agree to disagree with me and the industry experts and pundits then.

Leicester have been ante-post leading with major bookmakers for the last two years. Reading were mid table with the so called experts and bookmakers this time last year. If your new argument is that favourites always win the championship, then it'll be completely FLAWED

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Weren't Leicester second favourites last season :lol:
Experts didn't get that quite right did they :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 pm

I'll have a go

£500 we finish higher than Leicester?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:49 pm

CityGent wrote:I'll have a go

£500 we finish higher than Leicester?

Yep I'm in. I'll set up a thread now.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Weren't Leicester second favourites last season :lol:
Experts didn't get that quite right did they :roll:

So you're in too I take it?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
glammy74 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Do you think the 5 players leicester have brought in are 'quality' players then?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Thread is set up.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm

To achieve automatic promotion this season I think we need 5 new signings:
Right-back/Centre-back, Left-back, Right winger, Left winger and a Striker

We only have Kev who is a natural right-back although Darcy can step in.

We only have 1 natural left back in Andrew Taylor and I personally don't think he is good enough at left-back if we want a top 2 place, although he's the best left-back we've had in years. Someone like Ryan Bertrand would be quality.

We have no natural right sided winger as Conway prefers to play on the right and Cowie isn't a winger. Kimbo probably could step in though on the right, cutting inside to use his left foot.

Hopefully Bellers comes in and plays on the left wing. I think coming back for a second spell would benefit him as he will now know what to expect and he's good enough to have a big say in this division and the prem despite his age.

We need a striker who is a proven goalscorer at this level as I don't think Mason, Velikonja, Earnie and Rudy have enough quality to make the top 2.

I reckon 2-3 more signings will be on their way though. Probably a defender, winger and striker! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 pm

RFMH wrote:Average squad age not including Gerrard or Keinan is 22.

That shows you there isn't a great deal of experience in the team.

Two of our 4 signings havent played at this level.

We leaked goals last season and haven't signed a single defender this season.

If we had a new full back and CB and a winger and a striker we'd be ok. But until then, no Play-offs at best.

We had one of the best defensive records in the league last season, our first choice centre back partnership is regarded by many as the best in the division, we have international defenders who can't get into the side yet people insist we need a defender to have a chance for the top 2.

Keogh would of been a nice to have not an essential. As would any defender who can play across the back.

However we need a winger and a proven 20 goal a season striker and we are there and we are there.

Maynard and Bellamy will do

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 pm

FAO Jay Bothroyd

I'd quote you but it's not letting me for some reason. You mention Darcy. I'll be surprised if he's here much longer

So that's one less defender

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

If we had a new full back and CB and a winger and a striker we'd be ok. But until then, no Play-offs at best.

We had one of the best defensive records in the league last season, our first choice centre back partnership is regarded by many as the best in the division, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as long as you mean Blake and Turner ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm

CityGent wrote:FAO Jay Bothroyd

I'd quote you but it's not letting me for some reason. You mention Darcy. I'll be surprised if he's here much longer

That would explain the interest in a CB/RB then.

Are we waiting for the loan signing to come in before we let Darcy go or something?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:17 pm

arri potta wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

We had one of the best defensive records in the league last season, our first choice centre back partnership is regarded by many as the best in the division, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as long as you mean Blake and Turner ;)

I'd bloody love to see the Darcy and Turner together to be fair but to many people are far too harsh on Hudson who has improves every season he has been here.
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Be gutted if Darcy goes but understand from his point if he does. Easily good enough to be first choice in this division if not higher

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm

RoathMagic wrote:We are competing with this.... And this is without wolves, Blackburn, forest et al.

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel

Paul Konchesky
Sean St Ledger
Richie De Laet
Lee Peltier

Paul Gallagher
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Neil Danns

Jermain Beckford
David Nugent

Bolton Wanderers

Ádám Bogdán

Sam Ricketts
David Wheater
Matt Mills
Tim Ream

Chris Eagles
Mark Davis
Martin Petrov
Keith Andrews/Chong Yung Lee

David N'Gog
Kevin Davies

If you look at last seasons performances by especially Leicester, alot of those players widely underperformed, on a massive scale. I agree that Leicesters team looks very strong on paper, but lets face it, they need a massive kick up the arse following last years disappointment.

As for Bolton, their squad looks very strong on paper, Eagles, Petrov, Davies are all very good players, but im not worried at all about N'Gog (couldnt hit a barn door from 2 yards), Keith Andrews or their keeper Bogdan. I think we will take 6 points off both these teams. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Agree we need a Full Back, Centre Back, Winger and striker who can hold up the ball as well as score goals (like Jay Bothroyd but no ego)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'd like to see 3 out and 3-4 in

Out
Gerrard, Keinan, Earnie

In
Fullback, CB, winger, striker

Agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:34 pm

STEVE BLUEBIRD SMITH wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'd like to see 3 out and 3-4 in

Out
Gerrard, Keinan, Earnie

In
Fullback, CB, winger, striker

Agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Aramore wrote:

That would explain the interest in a CB/RB then.

Are we waiting for the loan signing to come in before we let Darcy go or something?

That i couldn't tell you, but the word is DB is heading for the door

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:39 pm

[quote="trueblue1927"][quote="RoathMagic"]We are competing with this.... And this is without wolves, Blackburn, forest et al.

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel

Paul Konchesky
Sean St Ledger
Richie De Laet
Lee Peltier

Paul Gallagher
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Neil Danns

Jermain Beckford
David Nugent

Bolton Wanderers

Ádám Bogdán

Sam Ricketts
David Wheater
Matt Mills
Tim Ream

Chris Eagles
Mark Davis
Martin Petrov
Keith Andrews/Chong Yung Lee

David N'Gog
Kevin Davies
not bad teams on paper.but then again football isnt played on paper. ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 pm

i always feel the league doesnt take shape till jan/feb and as its always so unpredictable, theres probably about ten teams who have a chance as it stands
brighton,blackpool and the relegated sides will go very close,with a couple more additions we will be right up there,we have a great spirit and work ethic but lacked that bit of extra class last season,
mutch and kimbo two excellent signings so far :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

even leicesters own fans have no faith in them

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:06 pm

We need to strengthen up front . Rudy spends more time on the sick bench than he does on the field . Earnie ain't good enough im afraid at this level . Mason will improve but can't see him scoring 20 plus goals this season and the Slovian is a bit of a unknown and a risk if we are looking to go up this year.
My biggest concern is that Malky appears too relaxed . We should be pulling out all the stops to get them in the team now! Not later in the year or even at the end of August.