Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"FOOKING STEWARDS"ruining our club!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Load of us had many run-ins with the stewards last year,but whilst on the piss in town last night i bumped into a well known steward.he told me that life would be easier 4 them without the old-skool fans(the fans who supported them through all the shitty years)and they wanted families to become the new breed.I told him how shit the atmosphere is at the ground and he said he didn't care as long as they kept winning the family club award!!He also said they wanted the away fans to have a gud match day experience!!!"FOOOOOOKING WANKER"

Re: "FOOKING STEWARDS"ruining our club!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Makes you sick don't it :(

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

What a wanker. Wanting to make sure people can enjoy football and people can go to football with their kids without trouble, wanting to make sure people can have a nice day with football and a day out without being abused or in the middle of violence.

He is despicable :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

sir ninian wrote:Load of us had many run-ins with the stewards last year,but whilst on the piss in town last night i bumped into a well known steward.he told me that life would be easier 4 them without the old-skool fans(the fans who supported them through all the shitty years)and they wanted families to become the new breed.I told him how shit the atmosphere is at the ground and he said he didn't care as long as they kept winning the family club award!!He also said they wanted the away fans to have a gud match day experience!!!"FOOOOOOKING WANKER"

They're obviously going to say that, without the old school fans all they have to do is sit on their arse all match and moan about the smallest of things, easy money.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Talk about twisting a post!!!who said anything about trouble????so ur saying that all the old skool type fans are hooligans then!!"NO THEY AINT"they are the heart beat of this club and were there when we had gates of 2,ooo or less.don't twist the subjet!!!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I got strangled by one of them. f*cking wankers

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 pm

We have some of the worst stewards in the league.

Who cares what the away fans think of their match day experience, we all just want to watch football without all this "family club" bullshit.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

I do think you will find it is nothing to do with them who comes to our games, and they can wish for what they want, as for anything else make your own minds up, apart from a little annoyance from a minority of steward's everybody should be enjoying themselves (i even had a little run in with one, but when he saw my point of view he moved) ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 pm

JonCCFC wrote:We have some of the worst stewards in the league.

Who cares what the away fans think of their match day experience, we all just want to watch football without all this "family club" bullshit.

Exactly! Who gives a f**k what away fans think, if I'm correct, we were 23rd in the amount of away fans that come to our ground, I don't think our prices are that high and understand the difference but seriously why should we care? Home fans should always be priority

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:12 pm

sir ninian wrote:Talk about twisting a post!!!who said anything about trouble????so ur saying that all the old skool type fans are hooligans then!!"NO THEY AINT"they are the heart beat of this club and were there when we had gates of 2,ooo or less.don't twist the subjet!!!!

Let's hope after you spoke to him he met another old skool fan and got chinned :) without the old skool at CCS the atmosphere would be even more shit.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Xcasual wrote:
sir ninian wrote:Talk about twisting a post!!!who said anything about trouble????so ur saying that all the old skool type fans are hooligans then!!"NO THEY AINT"they are the heart beat of this club and were there when we had gates of 2,ooo or less.don't twist the subjet!!!!

Let's hope after you spoke to him he met another old skool fan and got chinned :) without the old skool at CCS the atmosphere would be even more shit.

:old: Not sure i qualify for "old school" but been following the city for about 40years ? ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 pm

ayahtolla wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

:old: Not sure i qualify for "old school" but been following the city for about 40years ? ;)

I'd call you Propper Old Skool :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:

Exactly! Who gives a f**k what away fans think, if I'm correct, we were 23rd in the amount of away fans that come to our ground, I don't think our prices are that high and understand the difference but seriously why should we care? Home fans should always be priority

Definitely. I don't blame away fans for not coming to our ground, it's boring at home these days and that's because of our stewards. For some reason the club are against fans in the Ninian (including me) standing up and singing, therefore making my match day experience worse.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:35 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Definitely. I don't blame away fans for not coming to our ground, it's boring at home these days and that's because of our stewards. For some reason the club are against fans in the Ninian (including me) standing up and singing, therefore making my match day experience worse.

You can go in the Canton and stand up, the club could not have been clearer about this from day 1.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:58 pm

sir ninian wrote:Load of us had many run-ins with the stewards last year,but whilst on the piss in town last night i bumped into a well known steward.he told me that life would be easier 4 them without the old-skool fans(the fans who supported them through all the shitty years)and they wanted families to become the new breed.I told him how shit the atmosphere is at the ground and he said he didn't care as long as they kept winning the family club award!!He also said they wanted the away fans to have a gud match day experience!!!"FOOOOOOKING WANKER"

What he means is.... they can get away with bullying the new breed.

Put it this way, if one of the cunts grabbed hold of me in that ground
and i seen him round town id clump the tw*t. So would literally hundreds.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 pm

The atmosphere is shit i agree but i like cardiff city as a family club..
What do you mean by OLD SKOOL?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Gonzo wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

You can go in the Canton and stand up, the club could not have been clearer about this from day 1.

Well they only started that "singing section" (which is a complete fail) last season, don't see what was wrong before? I'd rather stay in the Ninian.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Gonzo wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Thats not strictly true. Only 105/106 of the Canton end you're allowed to stand up in. It's absolutely ridiculous (not that it bothers me, I'm in 106)

I also agree with whoever above said this family club bullshit is ruining the club. I had a steward tell me off for shouting abuse at a player, because I used "profanity" :roll: I hate this new family club bs.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:53 pm

For the last 10 games i saw loads standing in the ninian next to the away fans but none were singing they were just standing there doing f**k all..
Alot of the ones moaning about us being a family club are the ones who dont have kids or their family dont want to go..
Theres thousands of fans who enjoy going to games and i see loads of so called old skool lads who have grown up and now take their kids and families into the family stand.
Nobody is stopping you singing they made a singing section called the canton if you get shit from stewards blame them not kids and families.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Just a bunch of pounces who failed their fitness tests with police/military me finks :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm

taffyapple wrote:

What he means is.... they can get away with bullying the new breed.

Put it this way, if one of the cunts grabbed hold of me in that ground
and i seen him round town id clump the tw*t. So would literally hundreds.

And so would I !!!!!!!! :old:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 pm

I've had a number of issues with the stewarding at the CCS, yet I can't remember having a single one at Ninian Park from 1976 to 2009. I think that speaks volumes about the stewards at the CCS and the attitude of CCFC towards its fans these days.

Message to the club: please don't drive away a lot of decent, loyal fans by allowing the bullies to win.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:I've had a number of issues with the stewarding at the CCS, yet I can't remember having a single one at Ninian Park from 1976 to 2009. I think that speaks volumes about the stewards at the CCS and the attitude of CCFC towards its fans these days.

Message to the club: please don't drive away a lot of decent, loyal fans by allowing the bullies to win.

Lot has to do with their boss he decides how they work

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I am not going to say that all stewards are sqeaky clean however the standing issue is totally the club not the stewards or the quad managers.

The stewards are told before every game that standing has to be stopped in the Ninian as the stewards are told it is a safety issue and the rules of the fa.

Most stewards are City supporters who for no fault of their own can not afford season tickets and certainly do not want to have rows with city supporters and make rules up just to piss them off also most of them worked at Ninian too

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 pm

What annoys me is the inconstancy.
The stewards let us stand with no issue (block 117 of the Ninian) for big / important games.
When the club want an atmosphere they let us stand.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

Isn`t the idea for everyone to have a good time at the game , including families and away fans? The more that do , the more that will become regulars and the less chance of reverting back to those "shitty years".

I suspect what he meant was that life would be easier for stewards if the small number of so called "old school" fans who simply refuse to change with the times would realise that they can`t spoil it for the rest of the fans at the game by their constant standing in areas set aside for seating , abuse of away fans (under the excuse of "banter") and even home fans who don`t agree with them. Its not many that do it , but still enough to spoil it for others.

Many fans I know , including myself , supported the club home and away through the so called "shitty years" and still support the club now. We just don`t see the need to have a say greater than any other fan for that long service and want as many fans as possible to come along and support the club in their own way . And the future of the club will be the young fans who have come along in the last couple of years through the family schemes so they are more important in the long term than you or I.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 am

since62 wrote:

Isn`t the idea for everyone to have a good time at the game , including families and away fans? The more that do , the more that will become regulars and the less chance of reverting back to those "shitty years".

I suspect what he meant was that life would be easier for stewards if the small number of so called "old school" fans who simply refuse to change with the times would realise that they can`t spoil it for the rest of the fans at the game by their constant standing in areas set aside for seating , abuse of away fans (under the excuse of "banter") and even home fans who don`t agree with them. Its not many that do it , but still enough to spoil it for others.

Many fans I know , including myself , supported the club home and away through the so called "shitty years" and still support the club now. We just don`t see the need to have a say greater than any other fan for that long service and want as many fans as possible to come along and support the club in their own way . And the future of the club will be the young fans who have come along in the last couple of years through the family schemes so they are more important in the long term than you or I.

Well said..
Im all for atmosphere and agree some stewards are heavy handed but football in general has moved on from the old skool stuff of 15,20,30 or so years ago.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Why do people need to swear. Such a poor command of basic vocabulary. You let yourselves down.

Before you swear to me on your next post Im cringing already.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

fryman125 wrote:Why do people need to swear. Such a poor command of basic vocabulary. You let yourselves down.

People don't need to, but there was a time when most clubs were followed by working class men who would have a drink and a shout and swear on a Saturday at the football to let out their frustrations. It's frowned upon these days.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
fryman125 wrote:Why do people need to swear. Such a poor command of basic vocabulary. You let yourselves down.

People don't need to, but there was a time when most clubs were followed by working class men who would have a drink and a shout and swear on a Saturday at the football to let out their frustrations. It's frowned upon these days.

:o And go home and beat up their missus :roll: but gladly we have moved on, and loads of working class men still have a drink and shout on a Saturday, without too much problem ;)