Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My football experience yesterday

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

I'm currently on holiday in scotland so decided to get my football fix yesterday. When I knew I was coming to scotland I checked fixtures and had a choice of 2 games. Elgin v Arbroath or Peterhead v East Fife. The original plan was to go to Elgin and meet up with PtB. Unfortunately I was disorganised and didn't contact the bankie boy and also my wife is still unwell and needs someone with her 24 7 so I dropped her off at her dads just outside aberdeen and decided that peterhead would be the better option.

The ground was easy to find and I parked outside. 2 coaches of east fife fans had ventured north-they were a scruffy bunch to say the least-dressed like wurzels/jacks (delete as appropriate). Entrance fee was 12 for adults and 6 for under 14s with under 8s being free so my boys suddenley lost a year of their lives and Charlie became 14 and Tommy 7. 18 quid to get in for the 3 of us wasn't too bad. The ground was conference standard at best with 2 seating areas and hard standing behind the goals. Segregation was enforced and the 1 steward in stand strictly adhered to this-throwing an east fife fan out of home area. The game kicked off with peterhead attempting to play passing football. I had the peterhead version of dai hunt behind me all dressed up in his best sooot (suit) as he was goooing to a fecking widding tonite. Fortunately he failed to reappear after half time not long after calling the players various names including pile of pish.

East fife managed by Gordon jukebox Durie, took an undeserved lead with a dodgy penalty much to the disgust of jock dai hunt. Once they scored they took control and added a 2nd after half time.

In 2nd half I moved behind the goal and stood next to a ball boy with tourettes and the chav element of peterheads support (hollister is well in fashion up here). 2 or 3 of them were complete twats trying to scare the east fife fans who were walking to get a drink. Next week when rangers are in town they won't be so brave.

Peterhead brought on the 1 player that I had heard of (robbie winters) and just before full time they pulled a goal back after some shite defending.

520 hardy souls turned up-next home game is rangers with 4500 capacity crowd expected.

The quality of the game was mediocre but the boys and I had a good laugh. We got into car and put radio on-the full time score from Borough Briggs was Elgin 5 Arbroath 7! Guess I chose the wrong game....

Re: My football experience yesterday

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 am

That gave me a chuckle gareth :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:36 am

bluebird1977 wrote:That gave me a chuckle gareth :ayatollah:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing......

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 am

bluebird1977 wrote:That gave me a chuckle gareth :ayatollah:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing......