Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ". Craig Bellamy. "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:53 pm

For just one thread can we not discuss the boy of the rovers excitement of a player who is regarded by many fans of two of the Premier League's biggest clubs as a top,top player coming home to guide his local club to the premiership and thus establishing himself as a club legend, without ending up examining in minutiae the finances of our club.

Can we not just be childishly excited about this for once?
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:No it's a fact.

Whether he will take the opportunity is my opinion. But it's an opinion based on facts and what we know about tan.

I know the average income and average expenditure of a club the size of us that's just been promoted and considering our current shortfall we would be taking with us... If memory serves we would be losing £18 million a year in the first year and £9 million a year after that.

Tell me what you know about Tan and what he does to businesses that he buys that are loosing money. I'll wait for your example.

Do your 'calculations' (if you can call them that) take into account a new marketing strategy in the far east and the potential revenue that such a strategy could bring into the club if success. This has nothing to do with shirt sales by the way.

Tan is an astute businessman. He isn't going to hold on to a company losing him millions a year.

This marketing strategy in the far east is a cringable concept as far as I'm concerned. Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger profile in Asia struggle to make money from there so that's something I'm going to have to see to believe. Right now I'm more than happy to look at similar lube that have gone up before us as a benchmark.

Tan turns those businesses around, then sells them.............

Re: Asia strategy. I think this is the biggest part of the 'rebrand' that we'll all just have to sit back and wait and see what happens. Let's not forget that Tan has his fingers in many pies, including the government.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:For just one thread can we not discuss the boy of the rovers excitement of a player who is regarded by many fans of two of the Premier League's biggest clubs as a top,top player coming home to guide his local club to the premiership and thus establishing himself as a club legend, without ending up examining in minutiae the finances of our club.

Can we not just be childishly excited about this for once?
:ayatollah:

easier said than done when that fool is online

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Whether he will take the opportunity is my opinion. But it's an opinion based on facts and what we know about tan.

I know the average income and average expenditure of a club the size of us that's just been promoted and considering our current shortfall we would be taking with us... If memory serves we would be losing £18 million a year in the first year and £9 million a year after that.

Tell me what you know about Tan and what he does to businesses that he buys that are loosing money. I'll wait for your example.

Do your 'calculations' (if you can call them that) take into account a new marketing strategy in the far east and the potential revenue that such a strategy could bring into the club if success. This has nothing to do with shirt sales by the way.

Tan is an astute businessman. He isn't going to hold on to a company losing him millions a year.

This marketing strategy in the far east is a cringable concept as far as I'm concerned. Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger profile in Asia struggle to make money from there so that's something I'm going to have to see to believe. Right now I'm more than happy to look at similar lube that have gone up before us as a benchmark.

Re: Asia strategy. I think this is the biggest part of the 'rebrand' that we'll all just have to sit back and wait and see what happens. Let's not forget that Tan has his fingers in many pies, including the government.

You are honestly saying you think we are going to see major interest fromasia because we play in red?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:07 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

You are honestly saying you think we are going to see major interest fromasia because we play in red?

No, I'm saying that with Tan in charge we have access to potential sponsorship/investment that other clubs may not be able to secure.

In my opinion the colour change if more of a cultural preference rather than a requirement.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Tony Fernandez has more clout in Asia than tan. Fernandez owns air Asia.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Tony Fernandez has more clout in Asia than tan. Fernandez owns air Asia.

Can you support this statement? Whilst he may have a higher personal wealth, I don't think anyone knows for sure what 'clout' he or Tan has in Asia.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.
But Bells must come on a free and sort the rest of contract out with Liverpool.

Excellent news!! Superb player even at that level of wages. £10k per week more than Miller.

It would be interesting to know how many extra shirts sales & bums on seats he generated last time

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Tony Fernandez has more clout in Asia than tan. Fernandez owns air Asia.

Can you support this statement? Whilst he may have a higher personal wealth, I don't think anyone knows for sure what 'clout' he or Tan has in Asia.

Interesting comparison.

Lets not forget although Tony Fernandes is very successful & wealthy the real money man sits behind silently.. Lakshmi Mittal with a £19 Billion fortune.

His son in law Amit Bhatia is himself a very successful man & our vice chairman (Ecclestone & Briatore would not sell to him) loves QPR & between them have written off our historic ABC loan debt (approx £19m) Bhatia has made it clear many times he whilst involved in the club with the backing of daddy in law will never let QPR go into administration or worse.

I don't know if Tan could do a better job but so far what Tony Fernandes has done & is doing is nothing short of amazing, marketing correctly in Asia, buying good players & plans for a new stadium & training ground in full flow.

I'm sure if you reach the Premier league you will also make such moves but obviously the hard part is getting there.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Gonzo wrote:

I can support it as much as you can with your statement that tan can generate more sponsorship than most others. Companies sponsor teams not owners. A dog could own man united and still get a thousand times more sponsorship than us,

The fact tony Fernandez owns major public businesses in Asia mixed with common sense says he has a higher profile in Asia. He is also the owner of the Asian basketball league and is now about to take over Malaysian airlines aswell.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 pm

ROATH MAGIC :lol: ive got this clown on ignore but he s poping up in peoples quotes what a complete muppet i wonder if tans done something to him in a previous life :lol: roath magic ! tan in a very successful business man in Malaysia and is alot more richer than you and i think most people would take his word on business over yours , how about keeping your big fat nose out of his business plan :) are you a plant on the board ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:14 pm

wez 1927 wrote:ROATH MAGIC :lol: ive got this clown on ignore but he s poping up in peoples quotes what a complete muppet i wonder if tans done something to him in a previous life :lol: roath magic ! tan in a very successful business man in Malaysia and is alot more richer than you and i think most people would take his word on business over yours , how about keeping your big fat nose out of his business plan :) are you a plant on the board ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol:

But having a business plan or making a profit off us doesn't mean that's good news for Cardiff. You seem to thik the two are linked.

If I took over your business, sold all it's assets and kept revenue streams.? I'd make a profit and would be an excellent business plan.... Yet you and your business would be screwed.

Capiche

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Annis when you say Bellamy must 'sort out the contract with Liverpool' what do you mean?

He is contracted so obviously LFC are entitled to & will no doubt get a fee for such a good player plus the difference in wages whats he on at LFC surely 60k a week + ?

What could Bellamy physically do to make the move happen? Obviously defer his wages for the remainder of his deal but where do Liverpool come into it? They will want cash from whoever offers it right?

If Bellamy is on £90,000 per week as he is that is £4.68m per year. If he says to LFC I will take £45,000 payment now that will be £2.34m Liverpool have saved in paying him wages. They would not get that for him in a transfer fee. The max would be around £2m if they were to demand one.

Bellamy then would take £36,000 at Cardiff which would then mean next year he would still collect £81,000 per week however if Liverpool are to pay part his contract off then that is likely to be paid in a lump sum instead of instalments.

Liverpool would lose over £4m if they forced him to stay and if that happens he may not put the effort in. They would be far better trying to offer him £1-2m buyout of his contract to save money on wages in teh long term.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:36 pm

just wondering roath magic what you do for a living do you sell pine furniture :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 pm

He won't be here next year , he has been offered money no one would turn down.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 pm

wez 1927 wrote:just wondering roath magic what you do for a living do you sell pine furniture :lol:

Yes that's exactly what I do, sell pine furniture :shock:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I've covered this bellers next club since i have been on this board,the latest from Liverpool is that they are interested in Bologna's Uruguayan winger Gaston Ramirez for £16M ( full link sunday express )

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... on-1182676

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:22 am

cardiff yid wrote:He won't be here next year , he has been offered money no one would turn down.

Well that settles it...thanks for the news.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 am

I can see him signing the relevant paperwork when he is down in Cardiff with Team GB for the Uruguay game, then announcing the deal AFTER the Olympics. I hope my gut feeling is right. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 am

RedBluebird wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Annis when you say Bellamy must 'sort out the contract with Liverpool' what do you mean?

He is contracted so obviously LFC are entitled to & will no doubt get a fee for such a good player plus the difference in wages whats he on at LFC surely 60k a week + ?

What could Bellamy physically do to make the move happen? Obviously defer his wages for the remainder of his deal but where do Liverpool come into it? They will want cash from whoever offers it right?

If Bellamy is on £90,000 per week as he is that is £4.68m per year. If he says to LFC I will take £45,000 payment now that will be £2.34m Liverpool have saved in paying him wages. They would not get that for him in a transfer fee. The max would be around £2m if they were to demand one.

Bellamy then would take £36,000 at Cardiff which would then mean next year he would still collect £81,000 per week however if Liverpool are to pay part his contract off then that is likely to be paid in a lump sum instead of instalments.

Liverpool would lose over £4m if they forced him to stay and if that happens he may not put the effort in. They would be far better trying to offer him £1-2m buyout of his contract to save money on wages in teh long term.

Cheers for that & you broke it down very well.

Makes sense to all parties looking at it that way.

Can't see a problem then if he wants to come back as much as people are saying?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 am

would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

Very True, but is this the same Bellamy that said he'll only ever play for Man City or Cardiff City and no other Club , Only to then sign for Liverpool ?. I'll be pleased if he comes, but I can understand if he goes elsewhere for Money or playing for a bigger Club

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

As you can all see RoathMagic frequents Asia a lot and knows all the ins and outs of which billionaires are liked more than others. :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 pm

LeBlue wrote:

As you can all see RoathMagic frequents Asia a lot and knows all the ins and outs of which billionaires are liked more than others. :lol:

Or uses his common sense :?

Cheers.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
LeBlue wrote:

Cheers.

If you had any common sense, you'd stop posting shit on this forum :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

LeBlue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
LeBlue wrote:

Cheers.

If you had any common sense, you'd stop posting shit on this forum :lol:

All my posts are spot on. If you think I'm posting shit then I'm guessing you don't have the education to understand them?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:21 pm

RoathMagic wrote:All my posts are spot on. If you think I'm posting shit then I'm guessing you don't have the education to understand them?

I have a perfectly fine education, you're just too far up your own ass and post negative bullshit rather than getting behind the club. :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:46 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
LeBlue wrote:

Cheers.

I remember someone else always prattling on about Tony Fernandez ;)

Wet spam board must be more boring :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Didn't he once say he'd play for free. Never happened did it?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

A friend of mine just texted me to say he has heard from a very good source that Bellamy is going to sign tommorow.Dont know if it is true but I hope it is. :D

Its got to happen sooner or later anyway.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 pm

lyndipops wrote:A friend of mine just texted me to say he has heard from a very good source that Bellamy is going to sign tommorow.Dont know if it is true but I hope it is. :D

Its got to happen sooner or later anyway.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would like to think so, but cant see it to be honest.... however timing would be good with team gb playing in cardiff on wed..