Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ". Craig Bellamy. "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:00 pm

But as I've shown before, we would still be losing money in e prem.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.
But Bells must come on a free and sort the rest of contract out with Liverpool.

According to his best mate he is off to QPR

Well he doesn't want to, his family dont want him to and if he does it! So if he does it will be all down to the contract/money.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Back in the real world for a second, why on earth would Liverpool let him go on a free and pay up half his contract?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

why is our over spending such a problem for people on here ? from what i see lots people would rather see us in blue in div 1 so hey why not get there having a go at getting to top? admin isnt end of world is it? vt is aware of everything so who are we to tell him what to do? so many experts on cities finances on here its frightening! all telling vt what to do and what not not to do! when its blatently obvious we cannot spend more than we make! dont need einstein to tell us that!! strange really! :shock:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:07 pm

NJ73 wrote:Back in the real world for a second, why on earth would Liverpool let him go on a free and pay up half his contract?

If a player is not happy and a player also does not figure in a new managers plans, surely that would answer it.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:07 pm

NJ73 wrote:Back in the real world for a second, why on earth would Liverpool let him go on a free and pay up half his contract?

because they love us? :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 pm

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has told Craig Bellamy only something “unique or personal” would persuade him to let the Wales star leave Anfield

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... z221owXg4T

strange thing for a manager to say :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

pembroke allan wrote:

because they love us? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

RoathMagic wrote:But as I've shown before, we would still be losing money in e prem.

Not quite true as you cannot assess the true value of reaching the Premier League. Whilst the amount of TV revenue can be forecast, other income such as sponsorship varies drastically between the clubs.

There's also the curve ball of potential further investment from outside sources should a club be in the top flight.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:But as I've shown before, we would still be losing money in e prem.

Not quite true as you cannot assess the true value of reaching the Premier League. Whilst the amount of TV revenue can be forecast, other income such as sponsorship varies drastically between the clubs.

There's also the curve ball of potential further investment from outside sources should a club be in the top flight.

so guess best thing is not to get to premier as we will lose money? mmmm cant make money in champ cant make it in premier where the hell can we make it then? best get there fast!!!! :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If a player is not happy and a player also does not figure in a new managers plans, surely that would answer it.

In which case you would sell him, or release him if you can't find a buyer. It would be of very little benefit to Liverpool to pay him 6 months of his contract and let him go.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Gonzo wrote:

True but we can make comparisons.mlook at qpr, Asian players, Asian owners etc

We would still lose money

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

so guess best thing is not to get to premier as we will lose money? mmmm cant make money in champ cant make it in premier where the hell can we make it then? best get there fast!!!! :lol:

We have the potential to make money in the premier league. It has to be our aim.

However, there's no point being in the Premier League if we continue to loose money. This is where Tan's long term plan comes in.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:18 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

True but we can make comparisons.mlook at qpr, Asian players, Asian owners etc

We would still lose money

Asian owners who have only owned the club since Christmas. Change doesn't happen overnight. This is why I personally feel that people should give Tan & co a chance.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:21 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.
But Bells must come on a free and sort the rest of contract out with Liverpool.

According to his best mate he is off to QPR

That would be a kick in the the teeth :shock: he's 5/1 to go there but 1/3 to join Cardiff. Maybe his mate should place a bet ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:22 pm

if we cannot make money in premier what the hell are we doing trying to get there??? any smart answers??? :D

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

You can't make money in any league, in any business in any walk of life if you spend more than you receive.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:if we cannot make money in premier what the hell are we doing trying to get there??? any smart answers??? :D

More income. Easier for tan to get his investment back without having to sell our stuff. But we will be in the shit then coz we will have no money trying to pay premier league overheads.

It really is a disaster waiting to happen.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:27 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:if we cannot make money in premier what the hell are we doing trying to get there??? any smart answers??? :D

More income. Easier for tan to get his investment back without having to sell our stuff. But we will be in the shit then coz we will have no money trying to pay premier league overheads.

More assumptions.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

More assumptions.

That's not an assumption it's a fact. It will be easier for tan to get his money back because the revenue streams are greater. Unfortunately for us they are to pay premier league overheads.

Don't see value in tan holding onto a club that loses £17 million a year that has to come out of his pocket.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 pm

besides if we are never going to make money as a football club then whats the point of carrying on?? everyone knows to make ends meet we need to spend less than we earn! but that leaves just one option admin as to far down road to do anything else! selling players ect ect is not going to resolve things if people believe that they dont understand amount debt we have! as our owner is not going to be able to sell club for the forciable future! even if he wanted to. just have to go with it untill bitter end! :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:33 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

More assumptions.

That's not an assumption it's a fact. It will be easier for tan to get his money back because the revenue streams are greater. Unfortunately for us they are to pay premier league overheads.

Don't see value in tan holding onto a club that loses £17 million a year that has to come out of his pocket.

But its not a fact is it? It's your opinion.

You don't know what our income would be in the premier league and you don't know what our outgoings will be.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

More assumptions.

income from where?? shirt sales! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not many other avenues are there? :D

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 pm

No it's a fact.

Whether he will take the opportunity is my opinion. But it's an opinion based on facts and what we know about tan.

I know the average income and average expenditure of a club the size of us that's just been promoted and considering our current shortfall we would be taking with us... If memory serves we would be losing £18 million a year in the first year and £9 million a year after that.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

More assumptions.

income from where?? shirt sales! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not many other avenues are there? :D

So all the income football clubs can make is from TV, ticket sales and shirts?

Sponsorship can equal TV revenue and I for one trust Tan as the man to know exactly how to get that sponsorship from his 'connections' in the far east.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

More assumptions.

Our income is £15.7 million now. The average income of a newly promoted side is £52 million. An increase of £37 million.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 pm

RoathMagic wrote:No it's a fact.

Whether he will take the opportunity is my opinion. But it's an opinion based on facts and what we know about tan.

I know the average income and average expenditure of a club the size of us that's just been promoted and considering our current shortfall we would be taking with us... If memory serves we would be losing £18 million a year in the first year and £9 million a year after that.

Tell me what you know about Tan and what he does to businesses that he buys that are loosing money. I'll wait for your example.

Do your 'calculations' (if you can call them that) take into account a new marketing strategy in the far east and the potential revenue that such a strategy could bring into the club if success. This has nothing to do with shirt sales by the way.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Gonzo wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:No it's a fact.

Tell me what you know about Tan and what he does to businesses that he buys that are loosing money. I'll wait for your example.

Do your 'calculations' (if you can call them that) take into account a new marketing strategy in the far east and the potential revenue that such a strategy could bring into the club if success. This has nothing to do with shirt sales by the way.

Tan is an astute businessman. He isn't going to hold on to a company losing him millions a year.

This marketing strategy in the far east is a cringable concept as far as I'm concerned. Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger profile in Asia struggle to make money from there so that's something I'm going to have to see to believe. Right now I'm more than happy to look at similar lube that have gone up before us as a benchmark.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Cos we let them win the League Cup :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:49 pm

"I just tweaked my [knee] medial ligament" - worrying

"I'm a Liverpool fan, Liverpool's my club............" Bellamy added. - FFS....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19020764