Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ". Craig Bellamy. "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 am

Sorry :) I'm lying on Deck 14 of a cruise ship in Gran Canaria and clearly have too much time on my hands :)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Sorry :) I'm lying on Deck 14 of a cruise ship in Gran Canaria and clearly have too much time on my hands :)

lucky fucker pauline :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 am

Sorry :) I'm lying on Deck 14 of a cruise ship in Gran Canaria and clearly have too much time on my hands :)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

but its not affordable is it!?! because we couldnt afford last seasons wage bill, and now were going to give 36k a week to a player who cant play all games, as well as kim on 18k a week and our wage bill is going to be even higher than last season

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:...even his wife has demanded he come home.

Mine does that to me every Saturday night. I don't pay any attention to her, so doubt Bellars will either :lol:

Seriously, I hope he does come as it will show that The Malaysians are serious about getting us out of this league and into the big boys club.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Hopefully we don't rush in and make him captain again, that was a big mistake. I think Hudson should remain captain

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Kanester wrote:IF Bellers comes home I really think we can get top 2. :ayatollah:

Come home son. :ayatollah:

Bit of De Ja Vu I'm getting here. How did your promotion pan out last time St Craig was in town? Ooooooops :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

This time last year he said he'd only play for Cardiff, no other team... Then promptly joined Liverpool, the club he has supported all his life.

:lol:

I suppose he just LOVES playing in red.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Hopefully we don't rush in and make him captain again, that was a big mistake. I think Hudson should remain captain

How was that a big mistake? He led the team well.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Annis when you say Bellamy must 'sort out the contract with Liverpool' what do you mean?

He is contracted so obviously LFC are entitled to & will no doubt get a fee for such a good player plus the difference in wages whats he on at LFC surely 60k a week + ?

What could Bellamy physically do to make the move happen? Obviously defer his wages for the remainder of his deal but where do Liverpool come into it? They will want cash from whoever offers it right?

I am hearing he wants out and they are happy to let him go Stan, but he wants half of his contract paid up.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:Hopefully we don't rush in and make him captain again, that was a big mistake. I think Hudson should remain captain

How was that a big mistake? He led the team well.

It's a bit silly giving captaincy to a new player, I just think he plays better without the role of captaincy, he still leads the team well anyway but he's a hothead so if we were under a lot of pressure he'd be the first one to blow his head off, Hudson is calm and composed.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 pm

MayhillBoi wrote:
Kanester wrote:IF Bellers comes home I really think we can get top 2. :ayatollah:

Come home son. :ayatollah:

Bit of De Ja Vu I'm getting here. How did your promotion pan out last time St Craig was in town? Ooooooops :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

This time last year he said he'd only play for Cardiff, no other team... Then promptly joined Liverpool, the club he has supported all his life.

:lol:

I suppose he just LOVES playing in red.

ffs this board is inested with other clubs fans putting in there usless comments ! are their forums that shiiiite they got to come on here?? :lol: :D

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Once he signs I will be delighted but lloking good , hopefuly liverpool will let him have a free , cant see them paying any of his salary though :old:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 pm

As always with Bellamy, it's about the cash.

He either wants the move or he doesn't. He's a very rich man yet still wants to bleed every club that he plays for dry.

Also, people saying 'done deal' give it a rest yeah until something official is confirmed. You're all going to look very silly once this move falls apart.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Gonzo wrote:As always with Bellamy, it's about the cash.

He either wants the move or he doesn't. He's a very rich man yet still wants to bleed every club that he plays for dry.

Also, people saying 'done deal' give it a rest yeah until something official is confirmed. You're all going to look very silly once this move falls apart.

Hate to say it but this has a ring of truth.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Stupid wages. I'd rather 3 or 4 new players. Bellamy isn't the only experienced player in England. With all this investment and "saving the club" stuff, their prepared to pay a 33 year old 36k a week? Ridiculous imo.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:We remove Kenny Miller £25k from the payroll and bring in CB39 on £36k

The difference of £11k represents nearly £0.5m per year

This should be very affordable

Not when we couldn't even afford the 25k.

When miller was here, if there was no cost in running a football club and all you had to do was pay the players.... We still would need a loan to cover it.

Our wages bill actually exceeds our total annual income.

That is a disaster. No matter what you think of me, that cannot be denied. Yet it is increasing this year even though tan said expenditure would be cut :shock:

The shortfall has gone from just under £15m a year to now £17 million a year. How much longer do you think we can carry on?
Genuine question.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:We remove Kenny Miller £25k from the payroll and bring in CB39 on £36k

The difference of £11k represents nearly £0.5m per year

This should be very affordable

Not when we couldn't even afford the 25k.

When miller was here, if there was no cost in running a football club and all you had to do was pay the players.... We still would need a loan to cover it.

Our wages bill actually exceeds our total annual income.

That is a disaster. No matter what you think of me, that cannot be denied. Yet it is increasing this year even though tan said expenditure would be cut :shock:

The shortfall has gone from just under £15m a year to now £17 million a year. How much longer do you think we can carry on?
Genuine question.

Interesting points, what do you think our club "should" do?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Please will all of you stop quoting roath magic i have him on ignore and he still appears and spoils threads when he is quoted, thank you :thumbup:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm

You can't blame bellamy for wanting some cash from his contract, he will be taking a huge cut in grabs, but has his African academy to pay for. I'm pretty sure the cost of it has been mentioned on here last summer, and I think it cost a fortune of his own money to operate each year

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Not spend more than we can afford basically.

This shortfall which then turns into more loan notes to tan is going to kill our club. 5 years of that and we are nearly £100 mill in debt just off the shortfall.

If you knew you couldn't afford your monthly bills would you buy an expensive car on a high interest loan. No chance. Yet we seem to be buying a few and people are loving it.

This is without Mutch, velikonja, kimbo, the rumours of Maynard and a premiership defender.

I'd have renegotiated contracts long ago. I wouldn't pay anything over 8k a week yet we are shelling out 36k to a 33 year old like its nothing. A lot ofmprem clubs don't pay that kind of money.

2 months ago all people were worried about was the debt.... Now we just seem to want to get ourselves in a worse position than ever. It's bizarre.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:31 pm

don't you think that signing bellamy would increase the attendance for every home ,which would bring in a lot more money

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:43 pm

spanishbluebird wrote:don't you think that signing bellamy would increase the attendance for every home ,which would bring in a lot more money

we are like most clubs do things that seem illogical! but if we dont do anything we will just slide into oblivion with rejects and div 1 players as thats all we would be able afford acording to some? problem with that is it wont stop us losing money, poor team poor crowds poor revenue on sales ect ect!
only thing that will correct situation is administration! which would suite some people on here , other clubs are in our position but they are still spending so why are we so different from them? they are losing money and debt is relevant to individual circumstances, and finally our owner knows the situation anyone thinks he doesnt are very clever people to offer advice which is so blatently obvious that a child would know answer, so why state the obvious!!! is it for reaction by people on here? that is the question???? :P

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Mmmm now let's think, former Liverpool player, idolised by millions in Asia, playing for Cardiff city with Malaysian owners, playing in red, with a dragon on the badge!!! Then you got Kim bo, Asian player ect ect..

I think it's making perfect financial sense to me. Im no business man but 30odd grand a week for bellars is pennies compared to the revenue it will bring.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:51 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Not spend more than we can afford basically.

This shortfall which then turns into more loan notes to tan is going to kill our club. 5 years of that and we are nearly £100 mill in debt just off the shortfall.

If you knew you couldn't afford your monthly bills would you buy an expensive car on a high interest loan. No chance. Yet we seem to be buying a few and people are loving it.

This is without Mutch, velikonja, kimbo, the rumours of Maynard and a premiership defender.

I'd have renegotiated contracts long ago. I wouldn't pay anything over 8k a week yet we are shelling out 36k to a 33 year old like its nothing. A lot ofmprem clubs don't pay that kind of money.

2 months ago all people were worried about was the debt.... Now we just seem to want to get ourselves in a worse position than ever. It's bizarre.

Don't you realize that people just used that as a reason to suit their anti-Tan/anti-red agenda?

In reality people don't give a f**k about tomorrow.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
spanishbluebird wrote:don't you think that signing bellamy would increase the attendance for every home ,which would bring in a lot more money

we are like most clubs do things that seem illogical! but if we dont do anything we will just slide into oblivion with rejects and div 1 players as thats all we would be able afford acording to some? problem with that is it wont stop us losing money, poor team poor crowds poor revenue on sales ect ect!
only thing that will correct situation is administration! which would suite some people on here , other clubs are in our position but they are still spending so why are we so different from them? they are losing money and debt is relevant to individual circumstances, and finally our owner knows the situation anyone thinks he doesnt are very clever people to offer advice which is so blatently obvious that a child would know answer, so why state the obvious!!! is it for reaction by people on here? that is the question???? :P

No what i was referring to was that bellamy would virtually pay for himself with extra money coming thought the gates.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Gonzo wrote:

Don't you realize that people just used that as a reason to suit their anti-Tan/anti-red agenda?

that is very true and that was my point lots teams doing what we are doing! bet they dont have as much crap said at their club and its been going on since i been watching footy (40yrs) only know is it being adressed with fair play rules so until then no team is going to change! :o

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Mmmm now let's think, former Liverpool player, idolised by millions in Asia, playing for Cardiff city with Malaysian owners, playing in red, with a dragon on the badge!!! Then you got Kim bo, Asian player ect ect..

I think it's making perfect financial sense to me. Im no business man but 30odd grand a week for bellars is pennies compared to the revenue it will bring.

What revenues?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.
But Bells must come on a free and sort the rest of contract out with Liverpool.

According to his best mate he is off to QPR

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:57 pm

spanishbluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No what i was referring to was that bellamy would virtually pay for himself with extra money coming thought the gates.

That isn't necessarily true though if we aren't in and Round the top 5 or 6 then our attendances won't be that great Bellamy or no Bellamy.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

that is very true and that was my point lots teams doing what we are doing! bet they dont have as much crap said at their club and its been going on since i been watching footy (40yrs) only know is it being adressed with fair play rules so until then no team is going to change! :o

Exactly.

Most clubs see the Premier League as the answer to all their financial woes - and we're no different. Clubs will keep spending until they reach their goal.