Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

". Craig Bellamy. "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:07 am

I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

He has told many close friends he only wants to sign for Cardiff.
Bells has stated he has no intentions of going to QPR.
Bells has told Cardiff City he wants to come home.
Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.
And finally even his wife has demanded he come home.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.
But Bells must come on a free and sort the rest of contract out with Liverpool.

Re: ". Craig Bellamy. "

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

Even one of his sons told my daughter and my mates daughter that his father will be back home this season.

City have offered him approx £36,000 a week and £1mill bonus if we get promotion.

I wonder if a certain poster from Roath will comment on the wages? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 am

It's the fee that may be the stumbling block then.

Hopefully QPR want him on a free otherwise! they bid a million and Liverpool only give him permission to speak to them.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am

Annis when you say Bellamy must 'sort out the contract with Liverpool' what do you mean?

He is contracted so obviously LFC are entitled to & will no doubt get a fee for such a good player plus the difference in wages whats he on at LFC surely 60k a week + ?

What could Bellamy physically do to make the move happen? Obviously defer his wages for the remainder of his deal but where do Liverpool come into it? They will want cash from whoever offers it right?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am

It's a big drop in wages but I guess it comes down to how desperate he his to play for his come club ?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 am

Ive been told by a city coach from one of the kids teams that he wants to come back as he wants to go into coaching with the kids (not saying that it will be this season he does the coaching) You think there is any truth in that annis, i personally believe the guy i was speaking with, would also like the possibility of ellis and craig getting a game together in city shirts in a couple of years time.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 am

IF Bellers comes home I really think we can get top 2. :ayatollah:

Come home son. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:I would be stunned if we never signed him this season.

I heard yesterday at FGR that it was 20k per week and 1.5 million if we gt promoted.

Either way it seems that his family have been telling anyone who will listen that will be home this summer.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Annis when you say Bellamy must 'sort out the contract with Liverpool' what do you mean?

He is contracted so obviously LFC are entitled to & will no doubt get a fee for such a good player plus the difference in wages whats he on at LFC surely 60k a week + ?

What could Bellamy physically do to make the move happen? Obviously defer his wages for the remainder of his deal but where do Liverpool come into it? They will want cash from whoever offers it right?

It would appear to me that Liverpool don't want Bellamy and Bellamy doesn't want Liverpool. They paid nothing for him and there's only a year left on his deal.

Maybe just tear up his contract? There's been precedents. Make him a free agent. Then it's up to him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 am

Is it true what I've heard? That his wages will not be included in the budget? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 am

I've repeatedly said Bellamy will play for us this season this is old news. Although I wasn't aware of the wages, Bellamy will be in a city shirt... He's been away far to long from family and has had enough of being away these words have come from well I can't disclose..... Obvious though....

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 am

The same scenario with him this time last season,,,,fast forward a year.

I can't see him coming too City myself,,,not yet anyway.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 am

Come home son,

You know it makes sense.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope the pull of being back with his loved ones will make this happen.
Love to see him in a coaching role aswell and if VT has said that's the plan then hopefully it comes off :ayatollah:

Love to have him back
He can help with what went wrong last time he was here in terms of not going up, and right some wrongs that the team did that season, too many points dropped from a winning position and lessons can be learnt from him and some of the players we had that season

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 am

I would love to see Craig here this season, but 36k a week could be a massive mistake

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am

scooby1973 wrote:I would love to see Craig here this season, but 36k a week could be a massive mistake

For me this is the whole crux of the matter. £36K a week could finance three or four new player, to bolster our small squad, & with injuries already taking its toll, it's a bit of a worry.

I also think that Craig is a great player & would love him here, but ,,,,,i don't know!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 am

He is coming. The deal is done.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 am

Deano1 wrote:He is coming. The deal is done.

This is what i've also heard in the last few days, from a lot of different people, so there must be something in it.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:56 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Deano1 wrote:He is coming. The deal is done.

This is what i've also heard in the last few days, from a lot of different people, so there must be something in it.

Its been done for a while from what I've been told. The stumbling block was the length of contract - we wanted two years, Bellamy wanted three with the last year going into the academy to coach so what is posted above appears to be sorted now.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:56 am

Annis do you think we should be adding this to our debt??

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:03 am

He had the chance to join last year to "be with his family" but followed the ££££££ up to Liverpool !!

The biggest backing that any Cardiff manager has had for god knows how many years and it's going to be wasted on a 33 yr old with dodgy knees. He's portrayed on this board to be some sort of fecking messiah and we are "going to make the top 2 if he joins", he did naff all when he was with us last time. The money would be better spent somewhere else !!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am

Firerawk88 wrote:He had the chance to join last year to "be with his family" but followed the ££££££ up to Liverpool !!

The biggest backing that any Cardiff manager has had for god knows how many years and it's going to be wasted on a 33 yr old with dodgy knees. He's portrayed on this board to be some sort of fecking messiah and we are "going to make the top 2 if he joins", he did naff all when he was with us last time. The money would be better spent somewhere else !!!

:shock: You are entitled to your opinion but i do not think you are right :roll: And whilst he may not be a "messiah" he is definitely too good for this league ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 am

36k wtf, we let burke jay and chops go on them wages together and claimed we was trimming the wage bill by not offering new deals maybe we would have been up last season if we had them 3 who knows, yet one man can get 36k +1mill bonus :lol: are owners make no sence at all :?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am

We remove Kenny Miller £25k from the payroll and bring in CB39 on £36k

The difference of £11k represents nearly £0.5m per year

This should be very affordable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gWG2psEuI

Firerawk88 wrote:He had the chance to join last year to "be with his family" but followed the ££££££ up to Liverpool !!

WRONG because we never even went in for him despite what others say we made NO offer for him we waited and waited he wanted it but it never happened even though he was told the season before by the malaysians they would bring him back :shock:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 am

Paul Keevil wrote:We remove Kenny Miller £25k from the payroll and bring in CB39 on £36k

This!

We have lost Miller who is in his 30's and are gaining a player who has twice the quality for only 11K more.

Seems decent enough to me.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:We remove Kenny Miller £25k from the payroll and bring in CB39 on £36k

This!

We have lost Miller who is in his 30's and are gaining a player who has twice the quality for only 11K more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:

This!

It will be no diffrent if we have not got wingers to feed him eitherway. or he can chase smashed balls up to him like half of last season vs 6ft 2inch center halfs, i do not see any point in him unless we get wingers or he could become one himself so really you can not compare him to millar unless hes played in the striking role only not out on the left or right wing :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:16 am

The extra £500k is achievable by accruing an extra 94p per supporter based on an average crowd of 23,000 for 23 games - or 80p based on an average gate of 27000.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 am

Paul Keevil wrote:The extra £500k is achievable by accruing an extra 94p per supporter based on an average crowd of 23,000 for 23 games - or 80p based on an average gate of 27000.

Jesus thats more info than the clubs rebrand plan we all wanted to see proof of how blue was worse than red on a return :lol: