Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY MANAGER MALKY MACKAY WANTS MORE RECRUITS

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19020960 :ayatollah:

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay wants more recruits

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay says he hopes to strengthen his squad further despite the signing of South Korea midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung.

Kim joins other new arrivals goalkeeper Joe Lewis, plus midfielder Jordon Mutch and striker Etien Velikonja at the Cardiff City Stadium.

"Obviously getting Bo in in the last day or so has been a great one for us as well," Mackay said.

"I'd certainly like to get another two or three players in if we can do that."

Mackay is happy with how his side is shaping up for the new Championship season, which begins on 17 August at home to Huddersfield.

Before that the Bluebirds have friendlies against Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Oxford United and Bournemouth, plus a League Cup first-round match at Northampton Town.

"I'm delighted with the signings so far: Joe Lewis, on a free, our goalkeeper, and Jordan Mutch as well... Etien Velikonja who we've tracked for a couple of years, he used to play Champions League football," Mackay added.

Cardiff have rejected offers for midfielder Peter Whittingham and defender Anthony Gerrard, but Mackay says he is under no pressure to sell.

"I don't intend selling any of my players. I've spoken to my owner and he's made it clear he wants us to build, he wants the structure of the club to go from strength to strength," Mackay said.

"We're hoping to do that, we've got plans now for a new training facility for the football club that'll be here for the next 20 years going forward."

Re: CITY MANAGER MALKY MACKAY WANTS MORE RECRUITS

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm

We all know he wants more players

You can never say how many more we need until we know who's on their way out :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 pm

glammy74 wrote:We all know he wants more players

You can never say how many more we need until we know who's on their way out :ayatollah:

I'd say Maynard, that Premier League defender and don't know the other one, if he does get the three. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:31 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

I'd say Maynard, that Premier League defender and don't know the other one, if he does get the three. :ayatollah:

Bellamy? :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 pm

glammy74 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Bellamy? :lol:

f**k aye :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:43 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

All i'll say about the Premiership defender is... you'll be buzzing.

can't see it happening myself but apparently its looking good

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 pm

taffyapple wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

I think we need a little hint, just like the Maynard and wine gums hint. :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm

I think he can chill for a bit, no need to rush now imo :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

I think we need a little hint, just like the Maynard and wine gums hint. :lol: :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:01 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was waiting for you to comment. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 pm

CITY MANAGER MALKY MACKAY WANTS MORE RECRUITS
Same shit diffrent seasons and window :roll:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:51 am

bluebird1977 wrote:CITY MANAGER MALKY MACKAY WANTS MORE RECRUITS

if all things are to be believed we played the friendly yesterday with only whittingham as first choice in malky's proposed midfield four.
i am assuming that mutch, kim and bellamy would be three of the four which would give us an abundance of talent in midfield but with the two weakest area's attack and defence yet to be strengthened. It might have only been a friendly but forest green found it easy to get behind us and dealt with most attacks comfortably.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 am

steve davies wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:CITY MANAGER MALKY MACKAY WANTS MORE RECRUITS

if all things are to be believed we played the friendly yesterday with only whittingham as first choice in malky's proposed midfield four.
i am assuming that mutch, kim and bellamy would be three of the four which would give us an abundance of talent in midfield but with the two weakest area's attack and defence yet to be strengthened. It might have only been a friendly but forest green found it easy to get behind us and dealt with most attacks comfortably.

I get what your saying steve but we have seen this thread headline over and over like nothing else before in thye media over the last 12months and i know we will see it for another 12months :ayatollah: