Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forest Green my Day report

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Got my old 1970s style blue retro shirt out for this one, and Regan put his Blue top on and we was ready to get the Coach from Castleton. As we arrive plenty of Bodies all in Blue and i am thinking i hope everyone is the same :ayatollah: the coach arrives and it is packed to the rafters and most are wearing Blue.

Our driver John Bishop with a Welsh accent didn't have a sat nav, but i thought i could direct him to the pub as i used to live in the area over 20 years ago, but we missed the M5 turn off and we carried on to junction 18. Soon we arrived at the Hunters Hall Kingscote, a pub i hadn't been in for a long time, Nice location with a beer garden to kill for but the Landlord was a right knob, so we left early and headed for Nailsworth a really quaint village with a few nice Pubs.

Next to the Village Pub was a store and outside was loads of massive ornamental sheep and the owner came out as she looked pissed of at all these Welshmen straddling them. She said Families are out and about and all you lot want to do is straddle them !! :o :lol: "You can take a Welshman out of Wales ETC"

The company was great as Steve (Uncle fester) Steve (Tenerife) and many others were top company. I mentioned to Fester he should try the Stowford Press Cider so he asked the Barmaid for Stowford Breasts :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont think the locals knew how to handle us but i was asking many what would you prefer coming here or Old Trafford and they all said to a Man they would prefer it where they was.

We got to the new Lawn and it was a delight to stand on a terrace, the stadium was small but very tidy. The first half was shit awful and to be fair had we been more than one down at half time we could not moan. Our new keeper Lewis looked about 8 feet tall but the goal came about by silly defending and a right hash by the keeper.

Half time came and one set of players went off and the next came on to warm up. In front of us was several Black players so i asked which one was Kadeem Harris ? Everyone was like "f**k knows" so Tenerife suggested singing Harris do the :ayatollah: so we did and sure as eggs is eggs he responded :D Job done !! Then Tenerife shouted to Aaron Gunnerson who was number 31 ? Gunnerson shrugged his shoulders and mouthed Dunno which had everyone in stitches :lol: :lol: :lol:

The second half was on us and Steve Mcphail lasted 4 minutes before going off injured and well damn we must have feel aggrieved as we had used up all eleven substitutes and we wasn't allowed to bring one bac :lol: k on which was taken off earlier :o :shock: nasty Bastards. :lol: A slightly better performance but it was a totally inept performance but its only a Friendly and the only Player to come out with credit was Kiss IMO.

After the game we met up with Marc, Bomber, Mikey C, Saddam, Mike, Bowmonster, who was in the bar enjoying a bevvy or 6. I really enjoyed the Game and it was great to see a thousand City fans for this one and we totally outnumbered the Forest Green fans around 4 to 1 maybe 5 to 1. The badge looked awful on our kit and we had a laugh when Darcy simulated ripping the badge off. I did not see any trouble amongst City fans and it was a relaxed atmosphere which was good. And only a handful wore red but even then it wasn't the new shit.

Re: Forest Green my Day report

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Good read! What about the new boy velikonja, did he get any game time, did the fans chant him to do the ayatollah? :lol: lol at darcy simulating ripping the badge off :lol: sounds like a quality day, except for the result. Shame I never went :(

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Wasnt 31, Jordan Santaigo or somethiong like that ?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 pm

frosty_x wrote:Good read! What about the new boy velikonja, did he get any game time, did the fans chant him to do the ayatollah? :lol: lol at darcy simulating ripping the badge off :lol: sounds like a quality day, except for the result. Shame I never went :(

Velikonja Played first half but wasnt in the game, But too be fair the only player that was in it was Kiss. And i have no idea to the identity of the player wearing 31 :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm

The Trooper wrote:Wasnt 31, Jordan Santaigo or somethiong like that ?

Lol, Jordan Santiago is a keeper and not even at the club anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Was a great day chief and very good company From all the lads :D
asking Kadeem to do the :ayatollah: was class but even better was when I asked Aron who number 31 was and he shrugged his shoulders, pure class :lol:
I loves the forum trips I does :D
Roll on the next away game on the forum bus

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Perhaps Roath Magic can come on the next one? :D :D :D

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Essoblue wrote:Perhaps Roath Magic can come on the next one? :D :D :D

Nah I think we'll give that a miss :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Good day, wonder how Carl is :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Good day, wonder how Carl is :lol:

Hmmmmmm

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm

31 was Ben Nugent. I think he was youth team captain last season & had an excellent game v. Spurs in the youth cup. For those that went to that game if you remember he was lucky not to get sent off.
Looked very good today (bit of a lookalike to Ben Turner) and one of the few pluses from which was quite a drab friendly.
Once again a nice day out spoiled slightly by the football!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Hmmmmmm

He looked like he had a good day :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Great to stand on a terrace again but I must be getting old as back was killing me by 90 minutes!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 am

Aaron gunnasorn was number 17. all the players were in there right numbers

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Fuckin great day :D :D ...good to see a few faces again :D :ayatollah:

Pity about the result mind,

Carl seemed to be really enjoying himself mind, cracking jokes every two minutes :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:16 pm

He got off the bus at Skewen OK, so he should be in one piece - I hope!