Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THAT NUMBER 34

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Don't think we will be seeing much of him.

To get substituted 20 minutes into a friendly......

Re: THAT NUMBER 34

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Who was it Ian?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:02 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Who was it Ian?

omg you dont know :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Jesse Darko wasnt it?

Banged them in for the Development/Youth team last year, he played out of position as well.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Jesse Darko wasnt it?

Banged them in for the Development/Youth team last year, he played out of position as well.

The difference between the 2 wings were eternal. Taylor and Conway were potential while on the other wing number 34 and 35 were frightening. I dont want to look up 34 and 35 names as the thought of them getting in the side in the championship is scary.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:Jesse Darko wasnt it?

The difference between the 2 wings were eternal. Taylor and Conway were potential while on the other wing number 34 and 35 were frightening. I dont want to look up 34 and 35 names as the thought of them getting in the side in the championship is scary.

agree they were woeful
great to see conway back after his injury

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Expecting quite a lot from youth players who are trying to get in with our first team.. grow up

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Expecting quite a lot from youth players who are trying to get in with our first team.. grow up

They actually did do dreadful though, 34(RB?) was absolutely dreadful and at fault for the goal, always got beaten.

Ben Nugent was quite good though to be fair

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Give the guy a chance :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Expecting quite a lot from youth players who are trying to get in with our first team.. grow up

They actually did do dreadful though, 34(RB?) was absolutely dreadful and at fault for the goal, always got beaten.

Was Nugent the left back in the 2nd half? If so thought he looked decent.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Give the guy a chance :ayatollah:

Like Malki did.....20 minutes

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Considering hes from the youth he will be slow developing with the first team but it's good for them to get a run out to show what they can do and then work on the things they did wrong! The youth players will be great, few will be special! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Stavross wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Nope, that was Taylor

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Stavross wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

If he was no. 31 he was excellent. The two mentioned at the top of this thread, were well out of their depth.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Stavross wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Nope, that was Taylor

Taylor was the left back in the first half!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Stavross wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Nope, that was Taylor

Taylor only played the first half. Number 31 played LB in the 2nd half and according to the team sheet that was Ben Nugent :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 pm

taylor played the first half only :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 am

Malky said on the official site that Sainte-Luce and Darko were only going to be playing 20-25 minutes as they were not supposed to be in the team, the only reason that they were was because of a few injuries and Malky just wanted them to have a feel of first team football. Look at the Malky interview for yourself. In my opinion I think in a year or two Darko and Sainte-Luce will become City regulars, especially Darko who is a striker not a right winger here he played today. Like I said, let them play Under-21 football for a season so they can develop and then we will see two much more improved players.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:07 am

geggs_ccfc wrote:Malky said on the official site that Sainte-Luce and Darko were only going to be playing 20-25 minutes as they were not supposed to be in the team, the only reason that they were was because of a few injuries and Malky just wanted them to have a feel of first team football. Look at the Malky interview for yourself. In my opinion I think in a year or two Darko and Sainte-Luce will become City regulars, especially Darko who is a striker not a right winger here he played today. Like I said, let them play Under-21 football for a season so they can develop and then we will see two much more improved players.

You are forgetting though that you can have summers dominated by arguments about kits, but some things never change with Cardiff fans, including the uncanny ability of some of them to know everything there is to know about one of our kids making a first appearance for the senior team just twenty minutes into their debuts.

I've seen quite a bit of Oshilaja, Darko and Sainte-Luce playing for the Under 21 and Academy teams and while I don't think any of them are near being ready for Championship football yet, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them being used at Northampton. The three of them might turn out to be good enough for us or they might not, but I think I'll go with the opinion of the professionals who have watched them playing and training during their time as Academy scholars who thought they deserved the chance offered by a first pro deal over those who look to knock young kids just starting out in the game.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Stavross wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Nope, that was Taylor

Taylor was the left back in the first half!

:oops:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
geggs_ccfc wrote:Malky said on the official site that Sainte-Luce and Darko were only going to be playing 20-25 minutes as they were not supposed to be in the team, the only reason that they were was because of a few injuries and Malky just wanted them to have a feel of first team football. Look at the Malky interview for yourself. In my opinion I think in a year or two Darko and Sainte-Luce will become City regulars, especially Darko who is a striker not a right winger here he played today. Like I said, let them play Under-21 football for a season so they can develop and then we will see two much more improved players.

You are forgetting though that you can have summers dominated by arguments about kits, but some things never change with Cardiff fans, including the uncanny ability of some of them to know everything there is to know about one of our kids making a first appearance for the senior team just twenty minutes into their debuts.

I've seen quite a bit of Oshilaja, Darko and Sainte-Luce playing for the Under 21 and Academy teams and while I don't think any of them are near being ready for Championship football yet, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them being used at Northampton. The three of them might turn out to be good enough for us or they might not, but I think I'll go with the opinion of the professionals who have watched them playing and training during their time as Academy scholars who thought they deserved the chance offered by a first pro deal over those who look to knock young kids just starting out in the game.

As much as I can see the reasoning here I am more inclined to see this as a misjudgement by Malki.

In front of 979 die hard City fans, those of us there yesterday can be classed as that, the number 34 was torn apart. Infact he was steamrollered, I've never seen a Cardiff player get hammered like that and against a none leage team. Reputations start like this and this young fella has a hill to climb before he has started. Yes some of the more understanding supporters will consider all the facts but most of us think we are managers when all we are capable of is cleaning these footballers boots and end up making statements that are unfair but do stick.

Wrong occassion for Mr 34 yesterday.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 am

Got to agree to be honest. The right side in the first half was woeful and Lewis should never have let that go in. Ben Nugent looked a very decent player when he came on but to be honest we were for the most part poor. Other main plus points were Conway who looked very sharp, Kiss who got in the box a few times with driving runs and Velikonja who made some decent runs and has pace but perhaps unsurprisingly didn't look like scoring today. Negatives for me apart from the right side in the first half - Earnie was crap - played with his head down, gave the ball away too often and was his usual selfish self, Kadeem made a few runs but can't cross and got knocked off the ball too often [was expecting a bit more], Mc Phail lasted five minutes [sorry Malky, he's a liability now and we can't even afford to put him on the bench as its like being a man down from the start - feel sorry for him but he is just too injury prone now] and Whitts who over hit just about every pass he played.

For me it proved that we still definitely need striker who can hold the ball up and cover for Kev though Darcy did OK in the second half. At least they all looked pretty fit and nobody was carrying surplus weight and we played in blue...

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 am

Being ripped apart might be good for the kid. Its make or break time for him now, he can see how far he has to go just to play in the mens game at conference level. It might give him the motivation to go that extra mile in the gym and on the training pitch. Living in germany i wasnt at the game, but guessing he still has to fill out in bulk and was pretty nervous. So lets see what happens after a season in the 21's.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 am

Anyone who tags a young player with a bad reputation from this game is a fool, no offence.

He is young and never experienced such a thing before so its obviously going to be hard especially with all the pressure around the club at the moment. Maybe they were nervous in the build up to how the fans will react because of the kit and badge etc. We dont know their mental prep.

The thing is, they are young, inexperienced and going to learn a lot over the next few years. I remember watching that Flanagan play vs Arsenal in his premier league debut for Liverpool and he was class and that other kid Robinson and he was class. Since then Robinson has been decent and Flanagan has played 1 other good game and been pretty shit in most of the others I've watched with my mate who's a Scouser.

Better to have a player you know needs to learn than for him to play well then his form decline and you get on his back going mad because he made a mistake or two.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 am

They are kids ffs. Give them a chance. No one around me knew who any of the black kids were. In both the first or second halves.

Hardly likely to be world beaters yet. If you want to blame someone, blame Malky. For giving them game time and valuable experience which will only benefit them and the team in the future.

For what it's worth, I though the kids on the right in the first half struggled. However, they weren't on their own.

The kids in the second half, Kadeem and Jarvis I believe showed a lot of promise. Keep an eye on Jarvis. Could go far.

Also I thought Conway was our best player first half and Ralls played well in the second half.

Lewis probably at fault for the goal. If I had been 10 foot closer I could have saved that (with my stomach) as I was right behind it.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

IMWT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: