Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Never judge your club

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Todays game and any other pre season game,before the the league games start, are nothing but warm up games, getting fit, players getting to know how each play, Malky looking at how he will prepare before the Huddersfield game. Never judge your club by pre season friendlies, Ive seen city win them all and do bad and the other way around over the years.

Take pre season friendlies for what they are, a friendly. :ayatollah:

Re: Never judge your club

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:00 pm

You have to see signs of things to come though Annis. Both teams are in the same position and are at the same stage in fitness. Quality should still overcome, friendly or not. The result doesn't matter as much I agree but some sort of performance has to be there.

The season in which we are expected to finish top 2 against sides ten times better than forest green is a matter of weeks away.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Todays game and any other pre season game,before the the league games start, are nothing but warm up games, getting fit, players getting to know how each play, Malky looking at how he will prepare before the Huddersfield game. Never judge your club by pre season friendlies, Ive seen city win them all and do bad and the other way around over the years.

Totally agree the first game that matters is Huddersfield

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Nothing matters until the Huddersfield game.

FGR are an extra week into their pre season as well.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Todays game and any other pre season game,before the the league games start, are nothing but warm up games, getting fit, players getting to know how each play, Malky looking at how he will prepare before the Huddersfield game. Never judge your club by pre season friendlies, Ive seen city win them all and do bad and the other way around over the years.

we lost 2.0 away this time last year annis to oxford.we finished fourth..tbf we looked good in the second half at shrewsbury last tuesday.atm it,s about getting the energy levels up and seeing who can play with who.also looking at some fringe players out of the youth/reserves in some cases.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Me and Annis agree on something at last :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 pm

RoathMagic wrote:You have to see signs of things to come though Annis. Both teams are in the same position and are at the same stage in fitness. Quality should still overcome, friendly or not. The result doesn't matter as much I agree but some sort of performance has to be there.

The season in which we are expected to finish top 2 against sides ten times better than forest green is a matter of weeks away.

see it as a sign to come? its a friendly FFS.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:You have to see signs of things to come though Annis. Both teams are in the same position and are at the same stage in fitness. Quality should still overcome, friendly or not. The result doesn't matter as much I agree but some sort of performance has to be there.

Read it again slowly.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:40 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Read it again slowly.

ive read it. as Annis said city have won em all and had a shite season. the result means nothing. first pre-season game, few cobwebs. we'll be ready for huddersfield first game of the season and thats all that matters. tw*t

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Name calling results in a ban. Reign it in please.

As i said, you need to see a semblance of a performance, but yea the result is irrelevant.

Today we got neither.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Name calling results in a ban. Reign it in please.

As i said, you need to see a semblance of a performance, but yea the result is irrelevant.

Today we got neither.

:lol: well if we play like that against huddersfield then il be concerned

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Well it's only 3 weeks away today.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Well it's only 3 weeks away today.

:D cant wait

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:03 pm

It was said elsewhere that Newcastle lost to Orient 6-1 in a pre season before they pissed the league.To come to any negative conclusion at this point is silly.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 pm

im sure chelsea lost to an mls all star team? Does that mean we should get to the bookies and bet that they dont make the top 4 or tell Roman to sack the manager already? friendlies dont mean anything. Pros dont want to get injured, most of them wont put in a proper challenge, its purely a fitness game, kids wanting to impress, and seniors blowing due to having not got any sort of match practise.

and definitely can not judge a game that has 11 changes at half time

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:im sure chelsea lost to an mls all star team? Does that mean we should get to the bookies and bet that they dont make the top 4 or tell Roman to sack the manager already? friendlies dont mean anything. Pros dont want to get injured, most of them wont put in a proper challenge, its purely a fitness game, kids wanting to impress, and seniors blowing due to having not got any sort of match practise.

and definitely can not judge a game that has 11 changes at half time

But you don't low how they played. We have said many times the result is irrelevant. The performance is a lot more important however, otherwise what's the point. It would be far more beneficial to go to a training boot camp for the day if it's about fitness.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:41 pm

match fitness is completely different to anything you get from normal training

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:match fitness is completely different to anything you get from normal training

Cliche

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Its very true, im guessing youve never played the game at anything resembling a decent level

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Its very true, im guessing youve never played the game at anything resembling a decent level

Carmarthen town.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Thats funny since i have a very good friend that played for them, until 2 seasons ago. Id be willing to say youve never played for them, well at firsts level anyway, as ive never known a pro or semi pro that states match fitness is a cliche

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Wrong it's just a kick around if you follow friendly results you will always seeing upsets, I don't go to them myself for that reason it's just a kick around.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Friendlies are what they are .... That's why I never go! ..... Bag of bollocks games!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Thats funny since i have a very good friend that played for them, until 2 seasons ago. Id be willing to say youve never played for them, well at firsts level anyway, as ive never known a pro or semi pro that states match fitness is a cliche

You know Roath magic isn't my real name don't you? Your logic is flawed there young un.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm

its not your name? And i was going to get Magic on the back of my shirt!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm

agree annis very good post,
loving this ignore button-no more roath tragic :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:11 pm

AHERNE wrote:Friendlies are what they are .... That's why I never go! ..... Bag of bollocks games!

Its Football all the same.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:50 am

We have had brilliant pre-seasons an started the season like snails and vice-versa, it's all about getting up to speed for the Huddersfield game, nothing more.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 am

Agree Annis,can't wait for Tuesday now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:05 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Well it's only 3 weeks away today.

Wrong.

:P