Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Seeing sense after time! Europe here we come

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:05 am

When the owners of Cardiff City changed the colours & the badge I was on here expressing my views quite strongly against it. I even asked for a refund on my season ticket.

Fast forward a few weeks and I've got my season ticket back, I've calmed down & I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I'm hoping others will do the same. I need football in my life & I would rather us play in red than be a Portsmouth which could be closing the doors soon.

I'll never agree with us playing in red, I'm just getting on with it.

Time for the KCB supporters to call me a judas! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Seeing sense after time! Europe here we come

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 am

No Judas. mate just hurting like lots of us have been, we have been asked to sacrifice. something that is special to us. What you have done is take in the bigger picture and work out that sometimes there is a price to pay. lets just hope they back up their. promises and give us the investment we need to compete at the highest level.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am

Stern wrote:When the owners of Cardiff City changed the colours & the badge I was on here expressing my views quite strongly against it. I even asked for a refund on my season ticket.

Fast forward a few weeks and I've got my season ticket back, I've calmed down & I'm looking forward to the start of the season. I'm hoping others will do the same. I need football in my life & I would rather us play in red than be a Portsmouth which could be closing the doors soon.

Nice one fella. We will be back in blue one day IMO but in the meantime enjoy the ride!
We are Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 am

Same here mate and Id rather be a turncoat than some who want the club to fail just to prove a point and back their arguments up.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:56 am

BigGwynram wrote:No Judas. mate just hurting like lots of us have been, we have been asked to sacrifice. something that is special to us. What you have done is take in the bigger picture and work out that sometimes there is a price to pay. lets just hope they back up their. promises and give us the investment we need to compete at the highest level.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:01 am

Stern wrote:When the owners of Cardiff City changed the colours & the badge I was on here expressing my views quite strongly against it. I even asked for a refund on my season ticket.

That is what CastleBlue meant when he said we need to be pragmatic. No-one wants the red kit and I am dreading the sight of my team running out live on Sky TV in that terrible kit with that joke badge on it.

But as Gwyn said it is the price we pay for the investment so we accept it as the better of two evils, the other option being the financial meltdown and almost certain destruction of our club.

It is a compromise and that is what pragmatism is.

BTW well done to you for seeing the bigger picture and remember once VT’s finished with his vision the return of the Blue shirt will be an absolute priority.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 am

still dont, and will never accept that change (esp. the crest), therefore will boycott anything with that crap on. However, still a 100% Cardiff fan, just my passion-level is at +/- 0, and I am not convinced at all by VT/TG...

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

That is what CastleBlue meant when he said we need to be pragmatic. No-one wants the red kit and I am dreading the sight of my team running out live on Sky TV in that terrible kit with that joke badge on it.

But as Gwyn said it is the price we pay for the investment so we accept it as the better of two evils, the other option being the financial meltdown and almost certain destruction of our club.

It is a compromise and that is what pragmatism is.

BTW well done to you for seeing the bigger picture and remember once VT’s finished with his vision the return of the Blue shirt will be an absolute priority.

Compromise by dialogue and majority agreement was an option.
I know a businessman has to make a business decision and cannot wait around for 'votes' etc
but i thing threre are better red kits and far better bages out there anfd the kudos that Tan could have had
getting cardiff fans to design the new badge by competition would have been a far better thing for both togetherness and publicity.

The red chapter begins.........
:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Seems to be backing the club with new signings, I'm glad im back. Gutted to not be on the train to Bristol today