Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" UNITED AS ONE. "

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 am

I am back in Majorca so will miss the Forest Green game today, I hope are fans are united as one, yes we hate the Red kit and the pathetic badge, but there is no need for any bullying etc and our fans should be there to support Cardiff City and give them 100% Support.

Be back for the league games and the opening one v Huddersfield. Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " UNITED AS ONE. "

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 am

Enjoy mate, gettin ready as i write this for the game. cant wait now. and chelt tuesday :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 am

Gutted can't make it today either. Cant wait for huddersfield :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:09 am

That's what we have all been saying, support. the team and leave the business to the businessmen

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 am

Well said. Come on you Bluebirds! :ayatollah:

Oh well, dayer down Witchurch now. ;)

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 am

f*cking hell, I thought VT had changed us to UNITED for a minute then. Cmon City lets get this season started, get behind Malky & the boys. You'll find no matter what divide there is amongst our fans, when that first goal goes in we'll be hugging each other because we all want the same thing. Head tall, be one and be proud....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PS When we are promoted as champions is when as one we all protest for the restoration of our colours & badge, we demand a democratic vote on the last home game when we can get a true reflection of fans opinions.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 am

More holidays than thomas cook! :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 am

Uniting will be the best result we have all season and the most significant, as only coming together will ensure we are in the title chase.

Lets all get behind the team and club as one ..... cityyyyyyyyyy

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 am

BigGwynram wrote:That's what we have all been saying, support. the team and leave the business to the businessmen

I support my team 100% no matter what, but I don't believe u should always let the owners just get on with it, We as fans can say what we believe, just look at the Riddler, u marched against him, did u not ? so far the debts are just increasing and whilst they do, then we should feel unconfortable, dont u ? They have delivered nothing yet, other than stripp us of our colour and badge and increase our debt to £83 mill plus.

What was good to hear from u the other night, is if they don't make us debt free within 6 Months u will be one of the first over the fence against them.
I do believe u should be able to have opinions on what they do, I don't agree with the stripping of our identity and I do not believe they will make us debt Free, u think they will ? I hope I am wrong, we will soon see.I also believe we are allowed our opinions and beliefs,but should not let it spill on to the field of play.

Come on u Mighty Blurbirds. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:That's what we have all been saying, support. the team and leave the business to the businessmen

I support my team 100% no matter what, but I don't believe u should always let the owners just get on with it, We as fans can say what we believe, just look at the Riddler, u marched against him, did u not ? so far the debts are just increasing and whilst they do, then we should feel unconfortable, dont u ? They have delivered nothing yet, other than stripp us of our colour and badge and increase our debt to £83 mill plus.

I do believe u should be able to have opinions on what they do, I don't agree with the stripping of our identity and I do not believe they will make us debt Free, u think they will ? I hope I am wrong, we will soon see.I also believe we are allowed our opinions and beliefs,but should not let it spill on to the field of play.

Annis the Riddler was an absolute crook and that was as obvious as day is day and night is night. You, Gwyn and 2000 odd other fans were absolutely right to march against him and demand his removal, which eventually happened only 3 months later.

However, at this point there is no way Vincent Tan can be compared to Peter Ridsdale. He hasn't stripped our identity he has changed the colour of our home kit in exchange for £100m worth of investment. If your figures are correct (I actually dispute them but that's another argument) then he has already delivered 83% of the promised cash (on the assumption Langston will be settled for £10m).

What else could our club do to rise £83m? We don't have players to sell as they are not worth that much, no-one is going to sponsor us for that amount and we would need a stadium 6 times as big and full every week along with Premiership and Champions League money just to scratch the surface.

Instead we have changed our primary colours and at a stroke we will eventually clear our debts.

Of course we still have to wait for parts of this plan to materialise but the rebrand was bound to be a project that evolved over time and just because it hasn't happened within the first 9 weeks that doesn't mean we should demonise VT.

I hope you can at least give VT this season to make progress on the outstanding parts of the rebrand deal. If he fails to deliver then believe me I will be the first to admit my mistaken faith, but until then let’s stop with the repeated digs at our biggest shareholder and those who are willing to give him a chance.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 am

The way I see it annis is....a dig at Tan is having a dig at the team.....their all part of the same product.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:

What was good to hear from u the other night, is if they don't make us debt free within 6 Months u will be one of the first over the fence against them.

Annis you say one thing as the beginning then stir it all up again with this post.

We all know what you think and yes you are entitled to your opinion of course, but keep bringing up the politics leads to fans unrest/divide then we have confrontation etc

Can't we all allow VT one season to deliver?? Then reasses next summer??

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis is spot on here, imo.

Also dont see why cant anyone behind the team and still protest against the re-brand? 2 seperate things...

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:41 pm

I've agrred with Annis and disagreed with him as he is well aware but this post is spot on. 100% behind the team etc.
I Don't like the fact that we have changed colour and our badge has been changed but i dont pretend to know the Dynamics behind business rebranding so for this reason i have stayed out of any pro/anti red debate.
If Annis is questioned he is going to react....just as you or I would.

He's staunch?...maybe too staunch for some but he has views and he should be allowed to follow them and leave us to follow ours.
He's a trouble maker?.... He has without doubt directly or indirectly stirred up trouble but then he did for the Riddler march and i marched too as i believed he was right to do so. Not many people could have pulled that march off and i don't think for one minute it was all Annis's doing but he was a main cog in the wheel and without him it wouldn't have been a success.
We will all be looking very silly if Annis is correct and we are being fleeced by the Malaysions...on the Flip side Annis will probably eating humble pie and appologising for mistrusting them. Am I big enough to say i wish i was in Annis's camp when it all goes tits up?....I think I am.
Is Annis big enough to appologise if we finally become debt free and commercially successfull? I think so too.
C'mon you Mighty Bluebirds
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

None of us should be pro blue or pro red, we should all be pro city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

STeve_170 wrote:None of us should be pro blue or pro red, we should all be pro city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree 100% with you there mate and come the 1st game of the season we will see if we are Pro Cardiff City. I do believe that we are if i'm honest with you.....Hope to f**k we are anyhow.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:15 pm

I think we all are. Just gutted I couldnt be there today

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:17 pm

STeve_170 wrote:I think we all are. Just gutted I couldnt be there today

Something like this could actually galvanise our fans come kickoff.
I suppose that's up to us tho....all of us eh?
Let's get behind them with more voice than ever before.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:53 pm

brick1964 wrote:The way I see it annis is....a dig at Tan is having a dig at the team.....their all part of the same product.

presumably having a go at risdale or hammam or kumar or dj or phil neal or bobby gould or clemo was also having a go at the team then ?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Leave the business to the businessmen? They've fucked that one up.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:09 pm

pengedragon wrote:
brick1964 wrote:The way I see it annis is....a dig at Tan is having a dig at the team.....their all part of the same product.

presumably having a go at risdale or hammam or kumar or dj or phil neal or bobby gould or clemo was also having a go at the team then ?

Quite right, good post, we'll sing our hearts out for the team, but the owners? Mmmmmmmmm

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:11 pm

STeve_170 wrote:None of us should be pro blue or pro red, we should all be pro city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why shouldn't we be pro blue? That's what we are and who we are the bluebirds :ayatollah: let's not forget that, we will be still here when the owners have long gone.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis is spot on here, imo.

Also dont see why cant anyone behind the team and still protest against the re-brand? 2 seperate things...

Quite right. Of course the 2 things are separate. Just because you support the team 100% does not mean that you have to agree with the rebranding. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:33 pm

No we have not all been asaying this at all. I agree that we all agree to support the team but we did not all agree to leave the business to the businessmen. It is leaving the business to the businessmen that has lead to this rebranding fiasco. I would like to point out that when you live up to your promise to protest in 6 months time that you will be doing the very opposite. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:

Why shouldn't we be pro blue? That's what we are and who we are the bluebirds :ayatollah: let's not forget that, we will be still here when the owners have long gone.

well said