Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our midfield choice.....

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:20 am

Mad to think the likes of Cowie, Conway, mcphail, kiss, will be struggling to get in the first team this season.
. I hope Conway is fit and raring to go because his start to last season was fantastic.... As well as Cowie.

In their place this season we could see a midfield of potentially Bellamy, whitts, gunnar, & Kim Bo. (mason)

7 subs is really going to help us this season I think.

Re: Our midfield choice.....

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 am

I cant see Malky paying so much for Jordan Mutch and not playing him.
Midfield 5 for me. Mutch and Gunnerson sitting. Whitts just in front. Cowie and Kimbo wide :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:08 am

Double G wrote:I cant see Malky paying so much for Jordan Mutch and not playing him.
Midfield 5 for me. Mutch and Gunnerson sitting. Whitts just in front. Cowie and Kimbo wide :ayatollah:

paid a good fee for Kim Bo, what about Mason? like I said though, lots of choices for Malky! and lots of competition for the lads! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 am

I think Mason, Kiss, Ralls and Harris will all be part of the squad and get regular games from the bench. Squad game nowadays mind so expect to see a lot of game time for all these. All still very young and futures looking very bright

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 am

Conway and Cowie are just a good solid back ups for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 am

CP76 wrote:Conway and Cowie are just a good solid back ups for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree mate, but they tend to be great at the beginning of the campaign, invaluable energy and running in both of them! As we were well aware off at the start of last season, but burned out quickly with lack of back up in squad. but as DG states above, it is a squad game now, and with the 7 subs back and the improvements Malky is making, I'm sure we'll be alot better for it this term.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 am

Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:Conway and Cowie are just a good solid back ups for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree mate, but they tend to be great at the beginning of the campaign, invaluable energy and running in both of them! As we were well aware off at the start of last season, but burned out quickly with lack of back up in squad. but as DG states above, it is a squad game now, and with the 7 subs back and the improvements Malky is making, I'm sure we'll be alot better for it this term.

Yes agree. Its great to have options. Not a pop at them, they were still learning a new industry,
but if the Malaysians had backed DJ with these kibd of optiobs in 2010/11 I think we would now be in the PL.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 am

Merlin wrote:Mad to think the likes of Cowie, Conway, mcphail, kiss, will be struggling to get in the first team this season.
. I hope Conway is fit and raring to go because his start to last season was fantastic.... As well as Cowie.

In their place this season we could see a midfield of potentially Bellamy, whitts, gunnar, & Kim Bo. (mason)

7 subs is really going to help us this season I think.

I'm expecting big things off jordon mutch this year . Pushes some even further down the pecking order

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:37 am

Double G wrote:I cant see Malky paying so much for Jordan Mutch and not playing him.

I agree but maybe Bellers instead of Cowie if he signs. That sounds pretty solid to me with plenty of flair. I like Cowie for his work though so nice if MM gets plenty of headaches when picking the team! To then have the likes of Conway, Harris, kiss, mcphail and mason on the bench or in reserve gives us the quality in the squad we lacked last season.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 am

Carpe Diem wrote:

I agree but maybe Bellers instead of Cowie if he signs. That sounds pretty solid to me with plenty of flair. I like Cowie for his work though so nice if MM gets plenty of headaches when picking the team! To then have the likes of Conway, Harris, kiss, mcphail and mason on the bench or in reserve gives us the quality in the squad we lacked last season.

Yep totally agree. I didn't mention Bellamy as he hasn't yet signed. I believe we need another defender and striker tho. Macnaughtons out allready, leaving blake to step in. Any more injuries and we are relying on gerard and keinan at the back. Same goes for up top. Kelikonja I expect to start, but we can't really rely on him adapting so quick. Masons prob next in line and great backup and a big future, ernies not at the races a the moment. nicky maynard would be a fantastic addition. Him, bellamy and the mystery prem defender and the squad will be complete untill january. Hopefully if we are in top 2, then another 1 or 2 better players in january should take us past the finishing line. Optimistic I know, but my glass is allways half full ;)

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 am

Certainly agree with Cowie mate. I get frustrated with people assuming he should be in the side all the time. Yes he works his bollocks off but that's not enough of a reason to play him. He can't beat a man, doesn't score or make enough goals especially when playing wide all season. Sides don't get promoted with this type of player week in week out. Squad player nothing more.

Conway I feel got a lot more to offer, very much a confidence player, now he has adjusted to the championship I feel he could be important over the season.

Kadeem Harris is the one to watch this season I reckon. Might be a few months before he gets a game but watch him go

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 am

spot on :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 am

Double G wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Yep totally agree. I didn't mention Bellamy as he hasn't yet signed. I believe we need another defender and striker tho. Macnaughtons out allready, leaving blake to step in. Any more injuries and we are relying on gerard and keinan at the back. Same goes for up top. Kelikonja I expect to start, but we can't really rely on him adapting so quick. Masons prob next in line and great backup and a big future, ernies not at the races a the moment. nicky maynard would be a fantastic addition. Him, bellamy and the mystery prem defender and the squad will be complete untill january. Hopefully if we are in top 2, then another 1 or 2 better players in january should take us past the finishing line. Optimistic I know, but my glass is allways half full ;)

That would do it for me too. At times when you looked at the bench last season I couldnt see how we were going to change a game in our favour as with only 5 subs we tended to have defenders and central midfielders. With 7 subs we will have more options and the likes of Harris, Mason, Conway and a striker whoever they will be (never mind earnie, gestade, cowie) will give us that ability.

Plus of course the chance to maybe rotate more whilst remaining strong?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 am

They say Craig Conway returned to training from his injury fitter and leaner than ever before. He's dropped pounds off. Like having a new player in the squad

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 am

Gives us options for once. The amount of times last season where we played tired players who sometimes were carrying injuries and then threw away points happened too often. Gives us the option to change the game if we needed to. Worried about our fullbacks though, we've only got 2 + Darcy in the squad, hopefully Malky will sign someone soon :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:00 am

Midfield is the position you want number in though.

If you have the right mix which I think we do, one or two can drop back into defence and one or two move forward if need be.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 am

CONWAY WHITTS ARON MUTCH KYUNG (LEFT TO RIGHT)

ARON SITTING DEEP SO ESSENTIALLY A 4-1-4-1 WITH VELIKONJA OR BELLAMY UP FRONT