Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watched the team train today

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm

The last couple of years I have become a bit of a part time Cardiff fan as I live in Shropshire and money is tight. For a bit of a treat for the Mrs I took her to Cardiff for a couple of nights (cheaper than a summer holiday).

We stayed at the Vale Hotel and she absolutely loved Cardiff, even so much so that Im hoping to pursuade her to get a season ticket with me.

As we were leaving the hotel today, I was surprised to see Rob Earnshaw jog past the car in his training gear. I knew Cardiff used to train at the Vale but for some reason I thought they had moved now. We decided to pop down the fields to see if the whole team was training, which they were.

We stayed for a couple of hours watching the team train. The team looked absolutely fantastic and looked like they all had something to prove. The biggest surprise for me was how good Nat Jarvis looked. For a small lad, he was very strong and actually went through a couple of players at times. The team as a whole were very strong and never held back against each other in training, with a few tasty tackles going in and im guessing Malky expects nothing less from them. Earnshaw also looked sharp and Lewis had fantastic hands.

Whittingham trains like he plays, looks very calm and never looks like he is going to break a sweet. Gerrard looked eager to please and was getting lots of praise from the coaches and Malky, which he deserved at this session. Gave his all. Keinan was also there.

Was wondering if any of you could tell me who a few players were ? There was a player who was wearing a type of head band because he had quite long hair, is that the new slovenia player ? Had a cracking touch but looked a bit light weight.

There was also a lad who must of been about 6''4 and built like a brick house. I have never seen him before unless Rudy has built him self up. He was very strong and won a lot in the air. Jarvis put him on his arse once tho.

There was also a coloured lad who had quite long hair, who I never recognised.

There were a few that looked a bit out of the depth compared to some of the players but I wont name names.

Im very excited about the new season and im going to do my most to get down to Cardiff as much as possible :ayatollah:

Jameo

Re: Watched the team train today

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Jameo wrote:The last couple of years I have become a bit of a part time Cardiff fan as I live in Shropshire and money is tight. For a bit of a treat for the Mrs I took her to Cardiff for a couple of nights (cheaper than a summer holiday).

We stayed at the Vale Hotel and she absolutely loved Cardiff, even so much so that Im hoping to pursuade her to get a season ticket with me.

As we were leaving the hotel today, I was surprised to see Rob Earnshaw jog past the car in his training gear. I knew Cardiff used to train at the Vale but for some reason I thought they had moved now. We decided to pop down the fields to see if the whole team was training, which they were.

We stayed for a couple of hours watching the team train. The team looked absolutely fantastic and looked like they all had something to prove. The biggest surprise for me was how good Nat Jarvis looked. For a small lad, he was very strong and actually went through a couple of players at times. The team as a whole were very strong and never held back against each other in training, with a few tasty tackles going in and im guessing Malky expects nothing less from them. Earnshaw also looked sharp and Lewis had fantastic hands.

Whittingham trains like he plays, looks very calm and never looks like he is going to break a sweet. Gerrard looked eager to please and was getting lots of praise from the coaches and Malky, which he deserved at this session. Gave his all. Keinan was also there.

Was wondering if any of you could tell me who a few players were ? There was a player who was wearing a type of head band because he had quite long hair, is that the new slovenia player ? Had a cracking touch but looked a bit light weight.

There was also a lad who must of been about 6''4 and built like a brick house. I have never seen him before unless Rudy has built him self up. He was very strong and won a lot in the air. Jarvis put him on his arse once tho.

There were a few that looked a bit out of the depth compared to some of the players but I wont name names.

Im very excited about the new season and im going to do my most to get down to Cardiff as much as possible :ayatollah:

Jameo

Yeah that's Etien Velikonja, our new striker :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Jameo wrote:
There was also a lad who must of been about 6''4 and built like a brick house.

Jameo

Just seen a recent picture and it was Ben Turner. The lad is massive and a beast in the air.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Jameo wrote:The last couple of years I have become a bit of a part time Cardiff fan as I live in Shropshire and money is tight. For a bit of a treat for the Mrs I took her to Cardiff for a couple of nights (cheaper than a summer holiday).

Jameo

Thanks for this interesting post :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 pm

The 6ft 4" brick house was Ben Turner and his new sun tan!

Kadeem Harris I think is another you mentioned. Black lad, very fast winger/attacking midfielder, quick feet and shoots.

But then there's also ibby farrah training with the first team too along with adedeji. These could also be players you mention look a bit light weight but then they are looking to progress from the youth squad

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Merlin wrote:The 6ft 4" brick house was Ben Turner and his new sun tan!

Kadeem Harris I think is another you mentioned. Black lad, very fast winger/attacking midfielder, quick feet and shoots.

But then there's also ibby farrah training with the first team too along with adedeji. These could also be players you mention look a bit light weight but then they are looking to progress from the youth squad

Thank you. Yeah I actually thought Ben Turner was half cast today and thats why I thought it wasn't him !!!

Ive got a feeling the black lad was Ibby Farrah. He had brades in his hair and im pretty sure Kadeem has short has doesn't he ?

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 pm

No probs :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Short video from today :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imgXE1G ... ata_player

:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks for the report and the clip - interesting and encouraging.

Was Sol Taiwo still with the squad? I know he has been linked with a move to Southend, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:37 am

Jameo wrote:There was also a coloured lad who had quite long hair, who I never recognised.

Comminges is back ?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 am

Jameo wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Ive got a feeling the black lad was Ibby Farrah. He had brades in his hair and im pretty sure Kadeem has short has doesn't he ?

I think the player that has braids in his hair is Kevin Sainte-Luce, the 17 year-old Guadaloupean (sp?) winger, who will feature mainly in the Under-21 squad this season alongside Farah and Jarvis, although I hope Jarvis is given a few goes this season as I think he is a really good prospect that i think in the future, could become a star for the City.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:49 am

I stopped reading after the bit where you wanted your missus to get a season ticket. Shiver.

Women should stick to their own sports like naked mud wrestling and foxy boxing.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 am

Good clip, good post, have to get a board member each day filming for us all! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Someone mentioned on here we have/ had a trial it's with us, anyone any idea how he got on?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 am

Ramstein blue wrote:Good clip, good post, have to get a board member each day filming for us all! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Someone mentioned on here we have/ had a trial it's with us, anyone any idea how he got on?

Omarr Lawson?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 am

Is that the dulwich kid? How is getting on? I know free transfer trialists can play in pre season games, but can lawson since he's signed to another club at present?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Any idea how Joe Lewis got on? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:53 am

Joe looked very good. His handling and reactions were fantastic.

When Marshall went to train with the outfield players, Joe stayed and trained with the other 2 keepers.

When I left he was still training with the keepers. Looked good tho from what I saw of him.

:ayatollah: