Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: POSITIVITY POST - ALERT ALERT ALERT

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:35 pm

eddiep wrote:--------------------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------------

McNaughton--------------------Hudson-----------------------Turner-----------------------Taylor

------------------Mutch----------------------Gunnarson------------------Whittingham------------

-----Kim Bo---------------------------------Velikonja------------------------------Bellamy-------------

4:3:3 ok??????

Bench from : Lewis, Harris, Cowie, Conway, Blake, Mason, Ralls, Maynard, Kiss, Mcphail, Gestede

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hmmm i like the look of that formation and team, and thats without Maynard

but ive swopped bellamy and kim bo lol

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 pm

taffyapple wrote:Marshall

McNaughton
Taylor
Turner
Hudson

Whittingham
Gunnarsson
Kim Bo
Bellamy

Maynard
Velikonja

Thats not a bad starting eleven!! (If we sign Maynard and Bellamy). We CAN afford to be
positive, so far the signings have gone well, so why not?

Also:

Mason ( a year older
Ralls ( a year older)
Harris (dying to break through to the first team)
Blake (good cover)
Mutch (good enough for the team anyway)
Kiss (good cover)
A N other defender (needed, but who will it be?)
Conway (decent lad, unlucky with injuries really)
Cowie (workhorse, perfect to come on for tired legs)

Thats a cracking midfield. Mobile, sharp, skilful... with Gunnarrson holding
in front of a steady back four.

Velikonja is obviously untested, but I have faith. If we get Maynard. who would
fancy themselves defending against us?

.....Given that there are still one or two left to sign IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS..

surely the knockers cant say Bellamy, Maynard and the other defender arent just pie
in the sky now? This could have the makings of a team that can really challenge

Love to see us get that squad assembled Taffy, bring on the Championship....... going up going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Strength in depth is what we are building towards and that gets you promoted

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm

-------------------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------------

McNaughton--------------------Hudson-----------------------Turner-----------------------Taylor

------------------Mutch----------------------Gunnarson------------------Whittingham------------

-----Kim Bo---------------------------------Velikonja------------------------------Bellamy-------------

4:3:3 ok??????
liking this,and i cant see us spending 5.5 million on 2 players to leave on the bench.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Not just a good 11, one of the best in the league. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:27 am

I think Mutch will start ahead of the Slovenian kid. Would like to see Kev replaced by a better footballing rb.

Whitts will sit and pull strings, alongside him Gunar putting out fires. Mutch will be the attacking goalscoring mf weve missed since Kav first came. With a bellars and boom boom boom let me here say kimbo bursting forward from just behind Nicky "Goals" Maynard we could be promoted by xmas.

Positive enough for you Taff :D

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 pm

CP76 wrote:I think Mutch will start ahead of the Slovenian kid. Would like to see Kev replaced by a better footballing rb.

Whitts will sit and pull strings, alongside him Gunar putting out fires. Mutch will be the attacking goalscoring mf weve missed since Kav first came. With a bellars and boom boom boom let me here say kimbo bursting forward from just behind Nicky "Goals" Maynard we could be promoted by xmas.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If we get Maynard we will finally have that consistent goalscorer, the one we havent
really had since Earnie in the lower divisions. Chopra was brilliant, but in patches.

I think we have a not so secret weapon too...

Joe Mason got a dozen in his first season when he was little more than a bit-player.
Given a run i can see him getting twenty this season, no doubt at all

Things are looking up. Not so much cos of the squad we have right now, but because
I think even the miserable negative fuckers seem to have wound their necks in about
us 'skimping' on players... There is a confidence that we will sign more players, and
good ones

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm a f*cking year older as well.Got my bus pass to prove it :old:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 am

taffyapple wrote:
CP76 wrote:I think Mutch will start ahead of the Slovenian kid. Would like to see Kev replaced by a better footballing rb.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If we get Maynard we will finally have that consistent goalscorer, the one we havent
really had since Earnie in the lower divisions. Chopra was brilliant, but in patches.

I think we have a not so secret weapon too...

Joe Mason got a dozen in his first season when he was little more than a bit-player.
Given a run i can see him getting twenty this season, no doubt at all

Things are looking up. Not so much cos of the squad we have right now, but because
I think even the miserable negative fuckers seem to have wound their necks in about
us 'skimping' on players... There is a confidence that we will sign more players, and
good ones

I think people are maybe underestimating the impact Mason can have next season.
He massively impressed me last season, shame he doesn't have that extra yard of pace but reminded me of a young shearer.