Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is reality starting to hit home that......

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 am

One of the reasons the championship is so difficult to get promoted from is because it is so difficult to bring in quality players.
most premier league players wont drop down a level
Any quality championship player that gets a bid excepted for him, his agent flogs him around lower level prem clubs
any loan signings are a gamble with a 50/50 success rate IMO

IMO what gets you up is a settled squad which the core have been together for a couple of seasons, and signing that bit of quality and grit to make the difference.

I believe next season (2013-2014) we will win this league if we keep this group together.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

Seems like a good start on the transfer front to me, they've bought some promising players and I genuinely think it'll be a much stronger squad than last season by the time the transfer market closes.

Buying big money players just for show is irresponsible.

People should be looking at the investment to stabilise the club, not to repeat the mistakes that got us here in the first place. :roll:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:52 am

bluebird1972 wrote:One of the reasons the championship is so difficult to get promoted from is because it is so difficult to bring in quality players.
most premier league players wont drop down a level
Any quality championship player that gets a bid excepted for him, his agent flogs him around lower level prem clubs
any loan signings are a gamble with a 50/50 success rate IMO

IMO what gets you up is a settled squad which the core have been together for a couple of seasons, and signing that bit of quality and grit to make the difference.

I believe next season (2013-2014) we will win this league if we keep this group together.

great post!

Bringing in ex-premiership players is a gamble. firstly, why do they want to come?
are they on the slippery slope? or is it for money? if your paying them well over what
the rest of the lads are on, and they dont do the business... can cause unrest in the squad!!
In my opinion Mutch is a brilliant signing, Kim Bo is going to be a star,Velikonja? none of
us know too much about, but the only 'flop' Malky brought in last season was Gestede, who
suffered most the season with injury anyway.

By the way, Mutch, Velikonja, Kim Bo, Lewis... including wages... We're looking at around
8% already out of that £100m. With possibly Bellamy, Maynard and a decent defender to come...

even Angry man cant argue thats going to be more like 12-13%...... or can he?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am

Dearie dearie me. Slagging off the new players before threve even kicked a ball for us. You really are something.

:roll:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:18 am

All the investment in the world behind the scenes will make no diffrence at all if they want a return on money put in so we either get a sqaud to go up or be in a bigger hole this time nxt season, we have got a few good new players but there's still time for more to come in I hope or it will be no diffrent to lastseason outcome or worse, let's just hope. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:All the investment in the world behind the scenes will make no diffrence at all if they want a return on money put in so we either get a sqaud to go up or be in a bigger hole this time nxt season, we have got a few good new players but there's still time for more to come in I hope or it will be no diffrent to lastseason outcome or worse, let's just hope. :ayatollah:

Thats very positive for you? :clap:

Still weeks to go until the transfer window closes.

Mutch
Lewis
Kim Bo
Velkonicja

Mason, Ralls, Gunnarsson a year older. Kadeem Harris apparently gagging for his chance to
shine this season, Whittingham going nowhere cos the Club have TURNED DOWN offers

Plus...

Bellamy, Maynard and a good defender still due to come in? Surely, given the signings made so far,
not even the HATERS could say there's no way we're getting these other three or four in??

Over to you Angry Man, hater of Cardiff City......

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 am

CP76 wrote:Dearie dearie me. Slagging off the new players before threve even kicked a ball for us. You really are something.

Like you said the other day. HYPOCRITE

To be fair, Adam doesn't know what f.ucking day it is and with the amount of pointless trolling posts i'm starting to be extremely concerned about his mental well-being

The timing of this topic was slightly amusing though, an hour or two before Kim-Bo was announced. Remember how much time he used to post on"The Malaysians aren't backing Malky". That was a waste of time then :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:49 am

Reality will hit home when VT actually pays off Langstone Samstone :lol:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:51 am

CityGent wrote:
CP76 wrote:Dearie dearie me. Slagging off the new players before threve even kicked a ball for us. You really are something.

To be fair, Adam doesn't know what f.ucking day it is and with the amount of pointless trolling posts i'm starting to be extremely concerned about his mental well-being

The timing of this topic was slightly amusing though, an hour or two before Kim-Bo was announced. Remember how much time he used to post on"The Malaysians aren't backing Malky". That was a waste of time then :mrgreen:

You werent using this board back then Lakey, but when that rumour started one night
on the internet about the Welsh soldier who was tragically killed in Afghan, the City
fan?.. when it was rumoured the Club had snubbed him and his family.

Now for all its faults, Cardiff City have always treated our lads with the utmost respect
thats one thing nobody can deny. So we were all pretty much waiting for the Clubs response
knowing there will have been a breakdown in communication somewhere (and there had been)

Not Angry though. Oh no. he was on this board within the hour calling the Club a disgrace.

Poisonous c**t

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:11 am

CityGent wrote:

:lol:

You can always really on him to trip himself up Lake.

Hes so thick skinned though he just lets it fly over him and starts another line of attack.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am

Mutch: £2
Verikonja: £2.4m
Bo-Kyung: £2.4m
Kiss: £500k

Total: £7.3m

Yeah no investment so far!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am

Angry Man wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

Yes, but not on players, missed bits again haven't you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So excatly what percentage is on players then..? 5%..?

You really can't stop setting yourself up can you, you enter or try to start debates and only know snippets of facts and figures relating to the subject.
The breakdown of the proposed investment has been broken down into areas and has been written and talked about on this and other boards many times, did you really believ there was going to be a hundred million to spend on players :roll:[/quote]
So far it's less than 2% on Mutch and Veljonika, not including the add ons which haven't been spent yet of course.[/quote]

Excatly my point yet we are coming into August.[/quote]

Mutch 1m at least, rising to 2m
Velikonja at least 1.7m
Kim Bo-Kyung about 2.4m
Filip Kiss 500k

That's already 5.6m MINIMUM, which is quite a lot for the Championship, not many have spent more than that in recent years barring the likes of West Ham, then add the potential signing of a 2/3m striker (Maynard) and the large wages of Bellamy then we'll probably spend around 10m (more over the course of season in wages and add-ons) which is a lot for this level.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am

Angry Man wrote:this investment isn't really on the team.

The standard of player which the club seem interested in seem to be good championship standard players IMO

Keep taking the Prozak. FFS..............

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 am

The standard of player which the club seem interested in seem to be good championship standard players IMO

Mr.Bean strikes again

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:36 pm

What a COCK !!!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Gotta love a good bump.