Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is reality starting to hit home that......

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 pm

this investment isn't really on the team.

The standard of player which the club seem interested in seem to be good championship standard players IMO

Re: Is reality starting to hit home that......

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Angry Man wrote:this investment isn't really on the team.

The standard of player which the club seem interested in seem to be good championship standard players IMO

Just what we need to win the Championship then. ;)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 pm

That's exactly what we need at the moment though to get out of the division, good championship players!

Good Premier League players are surely very hard to come by, and we don't have a bottomless pit of money by any stretch of the imagination from what i can tell!

I personally think Nicky Maynard would be a cracking signing who would guarantee 20 goals in this division at least if he plays week in week out :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I personally believe that we need a couple of lower premier division players in the ranks if we have any ambition to get out of this league.

At the moment I can't even see much difference in the style of play with the players in and out.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

That's exactly what we need at the moment though to get out of the division, good championship players!

Good Premier League players are surely very hard to come by, and we don't have a bottomless pit of money by any stretch of the imagination from what i can tell!I personally think Nicky Maynard would be a cracking signing who would guarantee 20 goals in this division at least if he plays week in week out :ayatollah:

Wasn't this invesment worth a total of £100 million..?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Good Premier League players are surely very hard to come by, and we don't have a bottomless pit of money by any stretch of the imagination from what i can tell!I personally think Nicky Maynard would be a cracking signing who would guarantee 20 goals in this division at least if he plays week in week out :ayatollah:

Yes, but not on players, missed bits again haven't you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Wtf?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Not for players no.

Good championship players are ideal for us, especially proven champ players.
Some prem players drop down and struggle while others shine but it doesn't always work out.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Yeah but i think it would be totally reckless to throw too much of that behind transfer funds when were so much in debt, we need to focus on getting the club back towards being self-sufficient again first in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

So excatly what percentage is on players then..? 5%..?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:22 pm

But other teams have decent premier league players, yet we have to outperform them.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Yeah but i think it would be totally reckless to throw too much of that behind transfer funds when were so much in debt, we need to focus on getting the club back towards being self-sufficient again first in my opinion. :ayatollah:

The only way the club can beself-sufficient again beause of pas loans is by getting into the premier league!!! Thats my worry!!!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

we've already spent more than 5% especially if Kim goes through.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

The only way the club can beself-sufficient again beause of pas loans is by getting into the premier league!!! Thats my worry!!!

that's a fair point actually i guess.

Although throwing money at getting there and failing would only make things worse, right?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

we've already spent more than 5% especially if Kim goes through.

'IF'

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:27 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

that's a fair point actually i guess.

Although throwing money at getting there and failing would only make things worse, right?

failing to get into the premier league now after more loan notes on the clubs back will kill us off now

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

i guess youre probably right, sadly.

Anybody whose read any of posts lately will know im 100% against the rebranding for many, many reasons. Maybe one of which i've mentioned least is that the pressure on Malky and the team to succeed next year is going to be greater than ever, and if things dont start well, i fear we'll be in a far more hostile situation than we are even now.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm

RoathMagic wrote:But other teams have decent premier league players, yet we have to outperform them.

Clubs that come down from the prem often struggle with a group of prem players.

WHU only really hit form after buying a load of champ players, VazTe being the key signing.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

You really can't stop setting yourself up can you, you enter or try to start debates and only know snippets of facts and figures relating to the subject.
The breakdown of the proposed investment has been broken down into areas and has been written and talked about on this and other boards many times, did you really believ there was going to be a hundred million to spend on players :roll:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:But other teams have decent premier league players, yet we have to outperform them.

WHU only really hit form after buying a load of champ players, VazTe being the key signing.

many have done well in the past also

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

You really can't stop setting yourself up can you, you enter or try to start debates and only know snippets of facts and figures relating to the subject.
The breakdown of the proposed investment has been broken down into areas and has been written and talked about on this and other boards many times, did you really believ there was going to be a hundred million to spend on players :roll:

To be fair even if he had put a whole £100m aside to spend on players, it still wouldnt be worth the rebranding in my opinion.

I'd rather have no transfer budget and my club back to be honest.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

No of course not but given that I see the only way out of this financial mess the club see iself in then the only way forward is promotion. So forgive me for thinking that the club would b making a good go of it this time around otherwise we would be going RED and still be DEAD

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Rarely at a first attempt.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

West Brom and Newcastle were the first two I thought of straight away

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

West Brom and Newcastle were the first two I thought of straight away

Exactly, over how many years is that? 3 teams a year come down. So rarely I'd say, The vast majority don't bounce back.
It usually takes a few years, a turn around in players, and usually to proven championship players.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:51 pm

im tamping butt, i fort investmunt would mean we sine mesy an roonaldinio. wot is this red 4 if we dont ger em?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

So far it's less than 2% on Mutch and Veljonika, not including the add ons which haven't been spent yet of course.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

So excatly what percentage is on players then..? 5%..?[/quote]

The breakdown of the proposed investment has been broken down into areas and has been written and talked about on this and other boards many times, did you really believ there was going to be a hundred million to spend on players :roll:[/quote]
So far it's less than 2% on Mutch and Veljonika, not including the add ons which haven't been spent yet of course.[/quote]

Excatly my point yet we are coming into August.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

The breakdown of the proposed investment has been broken down into areas and has been written and talked about on this and other boards many times, did you really believ there was going to be a hundred million to spend on players :roll:[/quote]
So far it's less than 2% on Mutch and Veljonika, not including the add ons which haven't been spent yet of course.[/quote]

Excatly my point yet we are coming into August.[/quote]

You don't explain ypurself very well, I would never have got that from yr original post.

As it is, I probably agree with you.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 am

Angry Boy really does need to do his research.