http://www.lcfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail ... 93,00.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16671180

Re: The last asian player in the championship

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 am

Think the games moved on now compared to then Korean
Footballs risen up the rankings better players but time will tell

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 am

Neither will this one, just a pr stunt by the club, will be woeful, mark my words.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Tadanari Lee? Made a difference to Southampton at the end of last season, looked very good.

I am not sure about other players from Asia in our division recenetly; but to compare two different players on the basis that they were born over 400 miles away from each other is pretty small minded to say the least.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 pm

But they hold their own in the Prem.

Man Utd's big summer signing is Asian.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Leicester signed Abe with no competition, no one else wanted him. Kim Bo-kyeung, tipped for greatness by his country as "the next Park-Ji Sung" so he's got to have some talent. He's young and has stated his desire to play at the highest level in Europe, so I doubt homesickness will get in his way. Finally, we weren't the only club after him. Celtic & Borrussia Dortmund were after him, so atleast other clubs rate him.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:40 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:Leicester signed Abe with no competition, no one else wanted him. Kim Bo-kyeung, tipped for greatness by his country as "the next Park-Ji Sung" so he's got to have some talent. He's young and has stated his desire to play at the highest level in Europe, so I doubt homesickness will get in his way. Finally, we weren't the only club after him. Celtic & Borrussia Dortmund were after him, so atleast other clubs rate him.

Has Celtic and Dortmund actually put a bid in then..?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Couldn't Chopra have a claim on being an 'Asian' player in the Championship?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Angry Man wrote:
bluebird_mike wrote:Leicester signed Abe with no competition, no one else wanted him. Kim Bo-kyeung, tipped for greatness by his country as "the next Park-Ji Sung" so he's got to have some talent. He's young and has stated his desire to play at the highest level in Europe, so I doubt homesickness will get in his way. Finally, we weren't the only club after him. Celtic & Borrussia Dortmund were after him, so atleast other clubs rate him.

Has Celtic and Dortmund actually put a bid in then..?

In fairness AM Mike did-not say those teams had bid for him.

That said from what I know Cardiff were the only club that matched what Cerezo Osaka wanted.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 pm

He turned down Burrussia Dortmund (reportedly) because he wanted first team football. Neil Lennon stated his desire to sign Kim Bo but didn't bid for him in the end (could be because Celtic didn't value him at what we did, or the board wouldn't give Lennon the money). Anyway he's not our player yet, so I'll wait till I see it on the city website before anything else happens.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 pm

tizer wrote:Neither will this one, just a pr stunt by the club, will be woeful, mark my words.

Do you drink that tizer when you get the sweats my little jack friend?
Dont worry, your dealer will be along soon